UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

i check my TRU (tucson, az)

found them all! even the bulls eye and moonstone. yep there was only one and it was not one the peg just placed aside on next shelf as though some look at it and said "that is nice i am sure this can't be the only bullseye and moonstone two pack, feh" and cast it aside.

so i bought that one and the wolvie pack and am thinking about spiderman.

Edited by maxcarnage

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear all that from you guys. I went to TRU today. Of course, no new ones, but I do have a bunch of Hulk/Abom and "Back in Black" Spidey/Kraven 2-packs! They've also got Wolvie: Origins 'Mates out the wazoo! :buttrock:

I stopped by one TRU today and nothing. On my way home I called a second store, after spending way to much time trying to explain to the employee what a Minimate was, and waiting about five minutes for him to look, he told me they had a moonstone and Bullseye. He refused to hold it for me until I got there. I drove like a maniac, but it was still on the pegs half an hour later when I reached the store.

I've got to agree, Modefan. If these were released via regular channels, one pack per case would be OK, but you make it a store exclusive that some of us who even have the store probably won't see? Annoying. Of course, DST would have to do much worse to turn me off to Minimates.

Edited by karamazov80

Unless I am mistaken though there are, presumably, half as many of these in existence as there are Wonder Man/Union Jacks.

If that's the case, I expect to see at least three of these peg warming at my TRU in a few months. :P

:lol:

Perhaps. But if the same logic applies to my case, I can expect to see -1 packs appear on the shelves over the next few months. Can't wait to see what that look like :buttrock:

Oh, wait. Half of 0 is still 0 :(

Well, i have to go back tomorrow anyway since my Blockbuster is right next door and i have a few movies to return. Guess i'll get a few AIM pacls and a Marvel Universe Ms. Marvel (modern Carol).

Shame; i called my other TRU to check on BSG (none :() and toally forgot to ask about Moonstone & Bullseye. Crap.

Went hunting for BSG, but came home with Bullseye/Moonstone and 2x AIM/Capt...so not a wasted trip. I still can't believe that they short-packed B.E./M, it's a beautiful set! B)

This is the type of stuff that makes me drop a toyline - While I appreciate exclusives - a 1 per case exclusive is ridiculous

Whilst I'm hanging in & waiting for the dust to settle .....you've just said what I've been thinking for a while.

Yep wholeheartedly agree with both of you guys. A store exclusive should be just that. Exclusive to that store. Not ridiculously short packed and difficult to find. All this has done is alert the scalpers to a potential windfall.

Didn't find any at my TRU yesterday but I did find out I'm not the only one looking for these in my area

(kid who's mom asked the shop clerk if they had any "spider-man ones" and you corrected her. if you're here: BULLSEYE IS MINE!... unless you get to him first then I guess BULLSEYE IS YOURS!)

This is the type of stuff that makes me drop a toyline - While I appreciate exclusives - a 1 per case exclusive is ridiculous

Whilst I'm hanging in & waiting for the dust to settle .....you've just said what I've been thinking for a while.

Yep wholeheartedly agree with both of you guys. A store exclusive should be just that. Exclusive to that store. Not ridiculously short packed and difficult to find. All this has done is alert the scalpers to a potential windfall.

Eh, see? I think this is what makes it fun. Thrill of the hunt and all that. How much fun is it really to just go buy something? It's much better to NOT find it, pull your hair out, scream, THEN find it, and love it all the more!

That may well be just me though. :)

Eh, see? I think this is what makes it fun. Thrill of the hunt and all that. How much fun is it really to just go buy something? It's much better to NOT find it, pull your hair out, scream, THEN find it, and love it all the more!

Yep it is just you

moc847

The hunt is nice. . .as long as there is a payoff. Like Rad says, 1 per case of figures that may or may not appear at a given TRU may preclude many of us from having a real shot at picking these up.

I think you just need some more competition down there on the South side. All mate collectors seem to be up here in the NW of town. ;p

Edited by elmeaux

I think you just need some more competition down there on the South side. All mate collectors seem to be up here in the NW of town.

Mainly because that's where all the people are. I see a wagon train housing development movie in, and I leave. Why do I want to be around a whole bunch of people?!

EDIT:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Weren't the Silver Fox and Agent Zero set packed pretty sparsely in the first round that got shipped to stores? I recall having the same problem finding those two. Now they're fairly common.

TRU did put up the cost of having them designed, printed and packaged. It seems unlikely they would have gone to that expense only to have a run of one per store produced.