UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

Pretty much :) . Though I recall vocal advocates for the movie Gambit and Barakapool when the first wave was released, this interest didn't seem to carry over to the actual releases. Crappy movie + boring Minimates = little to no interest.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person in the (Minimate) world that is interested in this wave? Little discussion,F'all on scalpbay ...just abject apathy ....everywhere :unsure:

No, I like this wave. I finally got the packs in my area, so I picked up Gambit and Deadpool. To my surprise, I like WWII Wolverine the best out of the 4 figures. Deadpool looks pretty neat, and Gambit is decent. The damaged Wolverine is just uninteresting to me, I guess.

If these really are the last of the 'mates for this movie, then I really regret the lack of Stryker and Wraith. Maybe we'll see a boxset with those 2 later on? Aw, who am I kidding? This movie won't inspire as many releases as Iron Man did. Too bad though.

Am I the only person in the (Minimate) world that is interested in this wave? Little discussion,F'all on scalpbay ...just abject apathy ....everywhere :unsure:

No, I like this wave. I finally got the packs in my area, so I picked up Gambit and Deadpool. To my surprise, I like WWII Wolverine the best out of the 4 figures. Deadpool looks pretty neat, and Gambit is decent. The damaged Wolverine is just uninteresting to me, I guess.

If these really are the last of the 'mates for this movie, then I really regret the lack of Stryker and Wraith. Maybe we'll see a boxset with those 2 later on? Aw, who am I kidding? This movie won't inspire as many releases as Iron Man did. Too bad though.

i hope ironman gets a big (tru/marvel wave/boxset/exclusives/a classic wave etc.)treatment like ghostbusters and wolverine

Disturbingly enough, I really liked the little Barakapool. The only thing that keeps him from being a perfect representation of the character are his tiny knuckle katanas. But DST was making do with what they had. So honestly, I really liked the little guy. The only XMOW minis I liked more were Blob and Sabertooth.

Something is just off about Gambit though... His mouth looks strange to me.

Overall I'm glad this little era of minimateness is over and done. Now let's get on to that Angel and Warpath wave.

Anyone think that if they release Deadpool in TRU he'll be packed with a Hydra agent? BOB! AGENT OF HYDRA!

• 4 months later...

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday as I was looking for DC Classic figures at TRU yesterday. I saw two Bucky Captain America/AIM Agent sets and 1 - Bullseye - Moonstone set. Didn't find any DC so I went ahead and got the Moonstone set.

Edited by EricM

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday as I was looking for DC Classic figures at TRU yesterday. I saw two Bucky Captain America/AIM Agent sets and 1 - Bullseye - Moonstone set. Didn't find any DC so I went ahead and got the Moonstone set.

Ah, I've been looking for AIM Agents everywhere! The TRUs by me never have them.

I checked my local TRU and no dice. They haven't had a single pack of Marvel Minimates since before Christmas...

Pretty much my experience, as well, though I think they get them in and hoarders/scalpers come in and buy them up before they hit the pegs. I actually stopped by yesterday and nada. Lots of BSG 'Mates clogging pegs, though. I really hope ToysRUs.com starts consistently offering these figures.