UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

To answer an earlier question posed, This was the Media, PA TRU near the Granite Run mall. As for the case breakdown, I can't say as someone had obviously been there ahead of me. I did get the last Moonstone and Bullseye pack. There was between 2 and 3 packs of the others left. You're welcome for the pics...as a longtime lurker it was nice to be able to contribute something to my favorite site! Upon fiddling with these a couple hours:

This really is the best classic wolverine in my opinion. The new style boots seen previously on Secret Invasion Wolvy are here. The shoulder pieces are great. An excellent way to streamline a character that has often suffered from the bulky treatment. The unmasked look is also top notch.

The Jim Lee era Sabretooth is nice. It uses an all new powerhouse type chest with the fur sculpted on it. The hairpiece/mask/muttonchops are nice....as are the claws.

Mac Gargan Venom: Not really a fan...as I prefer Mac as the Scorpion, but I guess at age 32..I'm not the target age ("old fart") that this is geared to. Still..not a bad mini and I DO like how the eyes are done.

Bullseye: Other than the too tight mask, this is a winner. More weapons, lots of detail..and an unmasked face so cool..you'll hate to mask it.

Moonstone: Like I said...as someone who grew up reading comics in the mid-80's, this is NOT my Moonstone. Shame too as I find her old outfit more memorable. This reminds me of a cross between Dagger and disco Dazzler. Probably the weakest in the set. Still..not a bad mini.

Bring on the Ghostbusters!

- Paul

Edited by toylord

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics and mini-review, Paul! As for the tight mask, try throwing him in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. This will usually allow the mask to slip right off.

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks so much for the pics...a question if you dont mind....actually 2 questions....both for wolvy - did he come with non clawed hands? and it is hard to see in the pics but are the claws the old style or the new ones like in the secret invasion boxset? thanks again and cant wait to get these guys!

Jeff of the Miniacs

O.k. Here goes. Wolverine does not have non clawed hands. The clawed hands are the same ones that came with the secret invasion one. I actually thing the Wolverine Origins minis have nicer claws tho. The blades seem to stay separate better. Wolverine has a separate belt piece and no slip over powerhouse crotch. Sabretooth does have a powerhouse crotch.

- Paul

Just a heads up for my fellow canucks on here....my buddy SpiderX told me last night that he bought the Venom/Spidey pack in one of his local TRU's in Calgary so it looks like Canada TRU has finally gotten on board!!! and hopefully hey will bring up the Ghostbusters as well !!!! I have my scout lined up to check my local (an hour away in another city local) TRU and hopefully we will be in luck too.

Jeff fo the Miniacs

These TRU exclusives leave me hopelessly confused. Mind you, some mornings tieing up my shoelaces leaves me hopelessly confused!

Can someone clarify for me, is it just Bullseye and Moondragon that are exclusive to TRU?

Found my receipt. Here's the numbers that may help.

699788720264 - this is both on the receipt and on the package for Bullseye and Moonstone.

699788727201 - Venom and web armor Spidey

699788000113 - Wolverine and Sabretooth

As I skipped Iron Man and War Machine mark 1 as well as Cap and AIM goon I can't help ya there.

Hope this helps someone.

- Paul

My TRU had them. The case breakdown is as follows.

3x Wolverine/Sabertooth

3x Iron Man

3x Venom/Armor Spider-man

2x Cap/AIM Agent

1x Bullseye/Moonstone

Wanna guess which one was not there this morning? That's right no Bullseye for me today. It kind of pisses me off that even though I am certain I am the only Minimates collector in the area it's not difficult for a TRU employee to spot a short packed figure. Thanks DST for adding a degree of difficulty to my life. It does not help that I know 3 of the people that work there scalp cases. I had one of them offering to sell me Marvel Legends out of his car when they were at their peak.

Edited by minimadman

Those look great! However, notice how they painted all the exposed skin on moonstone (except the face) a gold color as to not arouse the children. Won't somebody think of the children?

I wouldnt, b/c as soon as I walk into TRU and see bullseye sitting on a shelf, any kids between me and bullseye are getting launched.

It has to be I was told that they got 1 case of 12 and there 11 still on the peg. I don't know why it is one per case every other one was 2 per case?!? But I guess DST figured that if they were putting a wave out with Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man, & Captain America who would care about the other characters.

Edited by minimadman

Those look great! However, notice how they painted all the exposed skin on moonstone (except the face) a gold color as to not arouse the children. Won't somebody think of the children?

I wouldnt, b/c as soon as I walk into TRU and see bullseye sitting on a shelf, any kids between me and bullseye are getting launched.

actullay her costumes like that in the comics to

Geez only one bullseye/moonstone, thats sucks, since one of my local TRu never has exclusives, for example: I never found union jack, stealth iron man, punisher, but I did find zero,silver fox, and all the terminators, but I think those weren't that popular anyway, So basically I gotta rely on here to get one or dare I say it EBAy!

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy a case of Marvel 'mates your incentive to do so is to that each case has one variant set. I understand that.

If you're a retailer the incentive for you to order a case is that perhaps you can offer the variant to your regular customer or charge a premium for it.I understand that.

Also .....correct me if I'm wrong....

......you can't,as far as I know, order a TRU case on-line even if you wanted to.They sell the variant in the TRU store at the same unmarked up price,as far as I know,to the 'earliest worm'rather than a regular who has bought the previous peg-fulls. Some TRUs don't even stock Minimates whether there would be any 'incentive' to do so or not.

I just don't understand that at all??? Very sad situation. :(

One per case... ?

I'm not even going to bother looking then. As heavily scalped as my area is, it wouldn't be worth the gas money.

One per case.

Man. :wallbash: