UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You... you made him hold a giant piece of chalk! YOU MONSTER!!!

:P Glad to see the cut-out mod works. I guess we've seen enough chase figures customized to bits around here for noone to complain.

And just to keep myself sane, is this all the TRU exclusive Minimates (not repacks) we've got so far?

Stealth Iron Man/Gauntlet Tony

Wonder Man/Union Jack

the packs with Agent Zero and Silver Fox

Bullseye/Moonstone

(upcoming) X-Factor Angel/Warpath

(upcoming) the packs with movie Gambit and Barakapool Weapon XI

Seems like a whole new record for brand-new chain-exclusive characters/variants. Even the blue suit Prof X and Target Ghost Rider/Daredevil didn't flood the market this much.

isn't toysrus also going to get the secret wars companion 2 pack of Julia Carpenter Spider-woman and Molecule man?

I called the 800 hotline and opened a case (not a box, I wish) in July and finally heard back from them. They're still saying that they don't carry these in stock though they have confirmed that they have Abomination/Hulk and Kraven/Black Spidey...

Frak it.

Wow, at this point I never expected to go into my TRU and find the BE/MS wave on the pegs but huzzah there it was! Got a BE/MS and the couple other packs I wanted from the wave. They moved around a lot of the Marvel aisle so I couldn't see the minimates for a second and was afraid maybe they were all gone. I guess I can just be happy that this wave showed up!

I can't decide if the slight variations on the Web Armor Spidey and Venom make it worth picking them up or not. I seem to remember someone posting about small variations on those and some others but I got the rest of the wave I just can't decide about that 2 pack.

The differences are the TRU Web Armor Spider-Man has silver on the top of his body and neck while the AFX one does not (black on top of his body and neck), also the paint job is a tad bit shinier on the TRU minimate and his eye outline is thinner.

Hope that helps.

And also if you were wondering the The TRU Venom has a hole on the top of his head while the AFX Thunderbolt exclusive does not.

And just to keep myself sane, is this all the TRU exclusive Minimates (not repacks) we've got so far?

Stealth Iron Man/Gauntlet Tony

Wonder Man/Union Jack

the packs with Agent Zero and Silver Fox

Bullseye/Moonstone

(upcoming) X-Factor Angel/Warpath

(upcoming) the packs with movie Gambit and Barakapool Weapon XI

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=3903

;)

I finally found a Bullseye/Moonstone pack!! The TRU in Los Angeles on La Cienega had just put out the pack, what a day to get off early! DOUBLE WHAMMY!!

I'm really excited, sorry if it seems as I'm rubbing it in, I'm just so happy to finally find the guys. I'll be really honest, as much as I hate the hunt because it's SOOOOOO frustrating, I do kinda like the feeling when I finally find what I'm looking for.

Good luck to the rest of you!

glad a few of you've had success recently tracking the exclusives down, particularly BE/MS. we were told theres more of them out there than your average variant, right? im just worried a huge chunk of them are still sitting in TrU warehouses.

i myself, have made a preeettttyyy heafty offer on an ebay lot... thunderbolts and BE/MS 2-pack. *fingers crossed*

glad a few of you've had success recently tracking the exclusives down, particularly BE/MS. we were told theres more of them out there than your average variant, right? im just worried a huge chunk of them are still sitting in TrU warehouses.

i myself, have made a preeettttyyy heafty offer on an ebay lot... thunderbolts and BE/MS 2-pack. *fingers crossed*

Not to repeat myself, but considering the level of scalping here I've been tracking eBay prices on these in preparation of making my own reasonable offer on a set. A few have shown up here, but they either hit and vanish between my checking, or they things in trade I can't help with. (not complaining on that, I'm actually glad to see people helping each other out, just wish I could participate)

Wow, at this point I never expected to go into my TRU and find the BE/MS wave on the pegs but huzzah there it was! Got a BE/MS and the couple other packs I wanted from the wave. They moved around a lot of the Marvel aisle so I couldn't see the minimates for a second and was afraid maybe they were all gone. I guess I can just be happy that this wave showed up!

I can't decide if the slight variations on the Web Armor Spidey and Venom make it worth picking them up or not. I seem to remember someone posting about small variations on those and some others but I got the rest of the wave I just can't decide about that 2 pack.

The differences are the TRU Web Armor Spider-Man has silver on the top of his body and neck while the AFX one does not (black on top of his body and neck), also the paint job is a tad bit shinier on the TRU minimate and his eye outline is thinner.

Hope that helps.

And also if you were wondering the The TRU Venom has a hole on the top of his head while the AFX Thunderbolt exclusive does not.

So I went back and picked up this two pack with the WA Spidey and Venom and I see the differences with Spidey but my Venom does not have a hole on the top of his head so is mine different or is there some other difference between the TRU one and the AFX one? (I am not at home to compare them yet so I am asking here).

Hope that helps.

So I went back and picked up this two pack with the WA Spidey and Venom and I see the differences with Spidey but my Venom does not have a hole on the top of his head so is mine different or is there some other difference between the TRU one and the AFX one? (I am not at home to compare them yet so I am asking here).

I'm not sure if your Venom is the norm or not, but I do know my TRU Venom had a hole in his head, while my AFX Thuderbolt Venom did not.

Went to TRU today to look if they had any new DC Universe Classics figures but they didn't have any I was looking for. I strolled over the endcap with the Marvel figures and saw they just stocked some of the Wave 3 Marvel Minimates. I picked up the Iron Man two-pack and the Bucky Cap / AIM trooper set. I never saw the Cap and Red Skull set at my local comic shop so it was nice to pick this guy up. I love the updated Iron Man in Red and Gold. He looks great.

I was lucky enough to get a Bulls Eye/Moonstone pack today. Its infamous reputation does not let down.

I commented that my local TRU has put all minimates together in the misc. fig. aisle. Today I went to see if any new mates were hitting yet. They have 4 pegs for Marvel in the misc. fig. aisle and today they I saw 4 pegs in the Marvel aisle too. The CSM told me corporate tells them to put up that many pegs, but the store orders and puts up what they want. So it looks like they might spread the Marvel mates pretty thin( or just bunch them into one aisle eventually). Long story short NO NEW MATES YET!!! :(;)

The TRU i went to today had them at the endcap with the MU and Wolverine Origins action figures. The display also had the Wolverine and the x-men toys. There were 2 -3 pegs full of them except the moonstone/Bullseye mate.

:ohmy:

So we're getting BOTH Molecule Man/Spiderwoman and Angel/Warpath in this wave, X-Force Wolverine gets the Vault Guard, Ultimate Iron Man is packed with "Misfits" Hulk, and we're getting Insulated Spidey/Electro 3 waves early? And yet they decide NOT to plant the obvious Deadpool/Gambit goldmines in a TRU wave?

Well, it's official. This must be the wackiest TRU wave assortment yet.

P.S. If they make Molecule Man/Spiderwoman a one-per-case exclusive then I give up.

Despite the obvious popularity of the Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Iron Man characters, and the fact they could do 4-4-4 case of these and have them just BLOW off the TRU shelves, I think we'll be lucky to get 2 each per case of Angel/Warpath and MM/SW. If they don't make Angel available, do they really expect to sell the 4-packs? Likewise, though, If we can't find the Secret Wars 2-pack, will as many people be getting the 4-pack?

For the army-builder pack-in, I thing they should have waited on the Guardsman and gone with the Skrull.

But again, they didn't ask me...

Interesting that they're not branding the Spiderwoman/Mollie pack with any kind of Secret Wars imagery to fit with the four-pack.

And there's no doubt in my mind it will be one per case. If I were to guess at the ratio, I'm thinking:

Wolvie/Guardman x 3

IM/Hulk x 3

Spidey/Electro x 3

Angel/Warpath x 2

SW/MM x 1

I hope I'm wrong...

DST said no more single packs per case at TRU. I'm guessing 2 per each pack, and 3 of the Wolvie and Spidey packs.

I might be as excited about the new, non-slip cover Spidey mask head as anything!

tru_series_4_mm_insulatedelectro.jpg

Of course, now the only reason I will have to buy that Spidey wave from the comic shop is for Scorpion.

Edited by karamazov80