UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

Best. TRU run. Ever.

So, a week and a half ago, I made what had become an almost-daily TRU run looking for the Bullseye/Moonstone pack. The store was in a weird holding pattern: the computer said the new Marvel wave was in the store somewhere, but nobody could find them. On this particular day, I was there about an hour before I had to get to the airport for a week-long trip. This presented a conundrum: they would probably find the case while I was gone, and, more than likely, Bullseye/Moonstone would be snatched up before I returned. I had three employees scouring the back room as I watched minutes tick by. Finally, I had to give up. The clerk who had originally looked them up in the computer said he'd keep an eye out for me.

Back from my trip, I went over today, and, sure enough, all that remained were two Iron Man packs and a Spidey pack. I started to leave when one of the other clerks who was helping me last week stopped and asked if I had gotten my Minimates. I told her I saw they had come in, but the one I was looking for was already gone.

To my surprise, she told me no, the first clerk had set aside a pack for me, and went in back to see if it was still there.

Did I dare hope?

Yep. She walked out and handed me my Bullseye/Moonstone set with a smile. Now that's customer service.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best. TRU run. Ever.

So, a week and a half ago, I made what had become an almost-daily TRU run looking for the Bullseye/Moonstone pack. The store was in a weird holding pattern: the computer said the new Marvel wave was in the store somewhere, but nobody could find them. On this particular day, I was there about an hour before I had to get to the airport for a week-long trip. This presented a conundrum: they would probably find the case while I was gone, and, more than likely, Bullseye/Moonstone would be snatched up before I returned. I had three employees scouring the back room as I watched minutes tick by. Finally, I had to give up. The clerk who had originally looked them up in the computer said he'd keep an eye out for me.

Back from my trip, I went over today, and, sure enough, all that remained were two Iron Man packs and a Spidey pack. I started to leave when one of the other clerks who was helping me last week stopped and asked if I had gotten my Minimates. I told her I saw they had come in, but the one I was looking for was already gone.

To my surprise, she told me no, the first clerk had set aside a pack for me, and went in back to see if it was still there.

Did I dare hope?

Yep. She walked out and handed me my Bullseye/Moonstone set with a smile. Now that's customer service.

Wow Great story Lobsterman, and for me all the better for having already heard the first part and the desperation as you told it over beer last week :)

Nice to hear a postive TRU story with all the negativity we have heard and encountered it's good to have some positive ones as well.

Still nothing here for the BE/MS wave or Ghostbusters... But I continue my far to regular vigil in hope...

T.

:( sheesh i just finished counting how many trips tru ive made in the last month

and it came to about 76 all with no bullseye and moonstone pack :(

hey 78 is the charm right :biggrin: right :blush: right.... :(

If anyone here deserves some good toy karma, it is the Lobsterman. Glad things worked out for you :buttrock:

True Dat!

Lobsterman has helped me out with exclusives & gone above and beyond in helping out desperate members on here before. Couldn't have happened to someone more deserving!

Wow Great story Lobsterman, and for me all the better for having already heard the first part and the desperation as you told it over beer last week :)

While we were in Portland last week, my wife asked me why I didn't just look at a TRU there. I had to explain the rules of toy etiquette, and how it's bad, bad form to hunt on someone else's turf.

She just shook her head, ashonished that I was an even bigger dork than she had previously suspected.

:lol:

Hey all!

I've been collecting the 'mates for ages and this has got to be the toughest exclusive wave so far. That said, I have to admit that I got the wonder-Man/Union Jack set by chance so my mini-luck may be spent.

The local TRU is just disgusting. I went this week and saw a used diaper in a shopping cart right by the front door.

So my hopes are low... very very low.

What is 'new toy day' typically?

What is 'new toy day' typically?

Not sure what the deal is in the States, but i used to work for a TRU in Sydney (Australia), and 'new toy day' was everyday. We got a shipment of stock between 1 and 3 times a week & it was distributed though out the store each evening after closing. So theoretically, there would be new toys on the shelf each day.

The fact it was one a case pretty much cemented that, but I guess the question is were earlier stuff like Gauntlet Stark/Stealth Movie and Union Jack/Wonder-Man packed to similar ratios, and if not, why the decrease? Has TRU expanding their minimate line-up with T2, BSG and GB forced this?

Wave 2 had 3x Wonder Man/Union Jack and 1 Punisher/Jigsaw, I don't know about the rest of the case though. And I think there were at least 2x Gauntlet Tony Stark/Stealth Iron Man and 2x Hulk/Abomination.

Or at least, there were 3x WM/UJ at the TRU I went to. Maybe the case is:

3x Hulk/Dr. Doom

3x Wolverine/Magneto

3x Spider-Man/Green Goblin

2x Wonder Man/Union Jack

1x Punisher/Jigsaw

Edited by Dio

3x Hulk/Dr. Doom

3x Wolverine/Magneto

2x Wonder Man/Union Jack

1x Punisher/Jigsaw

If this is true (can anyone attest to it??) then Wave 3 SHOULD have been:

3x Wolverine/Sabretooth

3x Classic Iron Man/War Machine Mk I

3x Captain America/AIM Agent

2x Bullseye/Moonstone

1x Web Armor Spider-man/Venom

MUCH better case ratio. WaW Spidey/Venom are already exclusive figures, and my TRU proved that no one likes them anymore, the others are popular enough to be 3x (with AIM 'cause army-building rocks), and this way BE/MS aren't variants, are more accessible, and aren't a scalper's heaven.

3x Hulk/Dr. Doom

3x Wolverine/Magneto

2x Wonder Man/Union Jack

1x Punisher/Jigsaw

If this is true (can anyone attest to it??) then Wave 3 SHOULD have been:

3x Wolverine/Sabretooth

3x Classic Iron Man/War Machine Mk I

3x Captain America/AIM Agent

2x Bullseye/Moonstone

1x Web Armor Spider-man/Venom

MUCH better case ratio. WaW Spidey/Venom are already exclusive figures, and my TRU proved that no one likes them anymore, the others are popular enough to be 3x (with AIM 'cause army-building rocks), and this way BE/MS aren't variants, are more accessible, and aren't a scalper's heaven.

Actually, I think they have followed the same pattern, with 3 of each of the non-stickered mates per case with a 2/1 ratio for the mates that receive the TRU Silver Sticker.

For wave one, this worked out to two Hulk/Abomination packs and one Stealth Iron Man/Gauntlet Tony Stark set.

For wave two, it was two Union Jack/Wonder Man sets to every one Punisher/Jigsaw set.

For wave three, it would be two Captain America/AIM sets to every one Bullseye/Moonstone set.

As a result, the only sets that are really affected are the stickered TRU sets, even though the majority of the case packs have been "exclusive" to TRU by the different pairings these figures have been given. Case in point, in the comic packs the AIM figure is packed with Iron Man, but in the TRU set they're packed in with Cap. As a result, I don't think the ration has changed - this has just turned out to be one of the more popular waves and variants to track down.

I can't confirm case ratios but I can confirm that the exclusives have only been available on-line with the first Marvel Wave & the Wolverine Movie Wave & could be ordered in mutiples.

Think about the repercussions if those erratic people at TRU.com offered Moonstone/Bullseye online! :(

Having found complete waves of both one and two on the shelves when I picked them up it was:

Wave one:

2x Iron Man movie exclusive

2x Hulk movie exclusive

2x Spidey and Kraven

3x Spidey and Shocker

3x Spidey and Venom

Wave two:

1x Punisher movie exclusive

2x WM and UJ

3x Hulk and Doom

3x Spidey and Gobby

3x Wolvie and Maggy

With the Wolverine movie wave in the format of wave one

2x Agent Zero exclusive

2x Silver Fox exclusive

2x

3x

3x

I don't remember which was which with the movie wave.

Now off to check and see if my TRU has gotten in the latest Marvel wave (or Ghostbusters :(

Well, STILL no new Marvel at my one and only. Have not seen anything but the 4 packs left from W2 and 3 cases of the movie wave. <_< I need my BE/MS pack! :sad:

On a lighter note, I found a case of Ghostbusters (missing one Stay Puft set and one Washinton Square set) on a peg next to the BSG minis. :thumbsup:

Think about the repercussions if those erratic people at TRU.com offered Moonstone/Bullseye online! :(

They probably would offer them on-line if they could just sell out of the Hulk/'Domination', Kraven/Spidey, and Venom/Spidey sets they've had peg(warehouse?) warming since December.

As far as TRU.com knows the Bullseye cases are just more of those and their system doesn't want to order even more figures they can't sell.

.... now if some kind soul here would just buy up the 13 Vemons, 36 Hulks, and 44 Kravens it said were still in stock last time I checked we'd be all good!

'44 Kravens' sounds like an awesome name for a band.

Also, only 1 out of 3 TRUs in my area (50 mile radius) got the latest wave, and by dumb luck I went to that one store the day it hit and got the only Moonstone/Bullseye set. Can't tell you how much time I would have wasted by now if I hadn't gotten lucky.

They probably would offer them on-line if they could just sell out of the Hulk/'Domination', Kraven/Spidey, and Venom/Spidey sets they've had peg(warehouse?) warming since December.

As far as TRU.com knows the Bullseye cases are just more of those and their system doesn't want to order even more figures they can't sell.

.... now if some kind soul here would just buy up the 13 Vemons, 36 Hulks, and 44 Kravens it said were still in stock last time I checked we'd be all good!

From the TRU website:

Most items may also be returned to your local Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store. Please check your packing slip for the words: "Not returnable in stores."

If returnable and there’s a free shipping promotion, buy a few and return them to the B&M TRUs. With enough people, it might work. ;)

I had some damaged 2-packs I ordered on-line and when I tried to return them to a store the manager complained the whole time about it (saying that the stores and the on-line were separate entities and they shouldn't have to take them back even though they told me to do it on the phone), but eventually did take them. I'm not sure how that would work if you returned 90+ 2-packs at the same time. And, you can't forget all of the Wolverine:Origins packs they have.

Man, 4 TRUs, 2 restocked on wave 2! one had what was left of wave 3 (WAS/Gargan) and one had nothing. That's right, nothing.

Which stores? I've seen wave 3 leftovers in the Woodlands and nothing in Katy. Is that two of them?

E>

Man, 4 TRUs, 2 restocked on wave 2! one had what was left of wave 3 (WAS/Gargan) and one had nothing. That's right, nothing.

Gotta agree with you, Dinobot, nothing more depressing than seeing the store has restocked Marvel 'Mates... with older series. Agggh!