UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

This is stupid. C'mon, DST. . .

epic fail,

guess getting it off ebay is out of the question...

WTF. That is nuts. It'd be different if these were not brand new. Thanks DST for creating the minimate scalper.

SHILL! :angry:

Honestly, as happy as I am that TRU carries Minimates now, the fact that they're releasing new characters as exclusives there is pretty much a kick to the nuts for us overseas guys. Wave repacks and Stealth Iron Man I could take, but Union Jack? Moonstone? Agent Zero and Silver Fox? I mean, if it weren't for the Multiverse helping out with these then we'd otherwise be in a screwed position right now. Is it wrong for me to wish some of these characters would get rereleased in a regular wave someday?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shill bid really doesn't make sense (it sold as a BIN with 2 viewers at that time), unless the seller is trying to artificially inflate market price before listing some others on eBay. Since it is the first one I've seen on eBay, I'm not at all surprised to see it go for what it is.

To NorthRaider's point, I just wish they stuck to packaging variants as exclusives if they are gonna do 1 per case, and aren't going to make them available online. Hulk/Abom, Punisher/Jigsaw, etc. Sticking new figures in like this really sucks for everybody that isn't lucky enough to run across them in the store. I feel a little better about things because at least I have an off chance of finding one in a TRU somewhere, but this really, really sucks for you guys outside the U.S.

DST surely knows that there is a huge international fan-base for these things, and making it a one-per-case exclusive only available to select brick-and-mortar TRUs is just about a worst-case scenario for you guys. Even if they made it a mail-away exclusive in the U.S. or something, boardies would probably be able to help you guys out, but this is making things really tough. I guess I shouldn't get worked up over little toys, but the more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. Are they trying to give Mattel a good name or something?

Edited by karamazov80

A shill bid really doesn't make sense (it sold as a BIN with 2 viewers at that time), unless the seller is trying to artificially inflate market price before listing some others on eBay. Since it is the first one I've seen on eBay, I'm not at all surprised to see it go for what it is.

To NorthRaider's point, I just wish they stuck to packaging variants as exclusives if they are gonna do 1 per case, and aren't going to make them available online. Hulk/Abom, Punisher/Jigsaw, etc. Sticking new figures in like this really sucks for everybody that isn't lucky enough to run across them in the store. I feel a little better about things because at least I have an off chance of finding one in a TRU somewhere, but this really, really sucks for you guys outside the U.S.

DST surely knows that there is a huge international fan-base for these things, and making it a one-per-case exclusive only available to select brick-and-mortar TRUs is just about a worst-case scenario for you guys. Even if they made it a mail-away exclusive in the U.S. or something, boardies would probably be able to help you guys out, but this is making things really tough. I guess I shouldn't get worked up over little toys, but the more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. Are they trying to give Mattel a good name or something?

I agree. I have the set and I am still pissed about it. It's like spitting in the face of the people who have been supporting this line since jumpstreet. Marvel Minimates have had 30+ wave and many exclusives and because we have supported the line. NOT TRU!

Just got back form the modesto TRU, nothing but heroes/villains packs, and they finally had one union jack/wonder man, but since I'm on a budget, I can only afford that bullseye/moonstone pack :(...

I'd be interested to see what the Asylum thinks about our "no TRU's near us/no TRU's overseas, etc." woes.

It'd be nice if they cared and were all "We'll start helping out guys get sets! Email us with your name and address and we'll see what we can do!"

... in a dream world you'd get that (and a Kang, too!)

Hmmm... remember when some of the Canadian boardies started getting the new Minimates at their TRUs? I think in one Q&A DST said that if a given TRU ordered Minimates for the store then they could get them. Perhaps it's just a matter of whether we can convince the TRUs abroad (Europe, Asia, etc.) to consider ordering and carrying mates for the overseas branches.

Granted, I don't know how viable or possible an idea this really is. Then again I remember some of the Hasbro Marvel Legends series that were supposed to be Wal-Mart/Target exclusives, but were sold in our local toy stores anyway. I guess I should start scouting out our local stores for miracle minimates...

This is stupid. C'mon, DST. . .

SHILL! :angry:

Honestly, as happy as I am that TRU carries Minimates now, the fact that they're releasing new characters as exclusives there is pretty much a kick to the nuts for us overseas guys. Wave repacks and Stealth Iron Man I could take, but Union Jack? Moonstone? Agent Zero and Silver Fox? I mean, if it weren't for the Multiverse helping out with these then we'd otherwise be in a screwed position right now. Is it wrong for me to wish some of these characters would get rereleased in a regular wave someday?

Amen - Boy From Oz here and without the kindness of borad members - i'd still be pining for Silverfox, Agent Zero, Union Jack & Wonderman too. But it seems that they were a lot more readily available than the Bullseye Moonstone pack . . . Well - my LCS finally started getting MiniMates in again. The Bucky Cap/Red Skull wave just showed up out of nowhere. Here's hoping the trend continues and we eventually find Australian TRU's carrying MinMates too!

rheul, which one did you go to, up by me on 46?

Strange... I didn't mention 46 above... You clearly know where my brother lives, have some sort of ESP, or you read my post on FWOOSH. I found them @ rt 46 in Totawa.

dammit, you took mine, LOL oh well, at least I know this wave hit in NJ so it might be at the Times Sq one tomorrow. as long as not grubby-pawwed kid grabbed it this weekend, i'll see if i can find them tomorrow

If anybody on one of these trips finds a Union Jack/Wonder Man set, I've got paypal and am glad to fork over the funds for one.

If you keep an eye on eBay, these actually aren't going for very much. Your ultimate cost there would probably be about the same as paying someone to buy and ship it to you at cost:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/items/?MA2S...ct=&guest=1

If anybody on one of these trips finds a Union Jack/Wonder Man set, I've got paypal and am glad to fork over the funds for one.

Actually, for anybody still looking, at my last check, my local TRU had three union jacks still in stock. If there is anyone who wants me to pick them up for them, let me know. And I won't rape you on shipping.

Went to TRU today to find a wave three case picked apart. All that was left was 1 Wolvy/Sabes, 1 Ironman pack, and 2 Cap/AIM packs. I didn't have any money to spend (birthday shopping for my mom!), so I couldn't pick anything up for anyone here.

Just reading the brief summary of the ASK DST segment of at MMHQ I was very happy to see that TRU is really trying to make sure that the minimates get to ALL their stores. Of course how long it takes them to get things is another issue as my TRU hasn't had any of the BE/MS wave yet.

I'm a bit nervous about this set, though I probably have nothing to worry about. Based on studying the movement of 'mates off the shelf at my LCS and at TRU, I'm convinced I'm probably the only "collector" in Greenville, NC, so its not a matter of people identifying the hard to find figures and scooping them up, its just a matter of the store actually stocking the appropriate sets.

I definitely had some good "toy karma" going this morning. I checked out the local TRU, which had stocked the new wave last week, but had no Moonstone/Bullseye left when I got there.

Today the minimates were thrown all over the shelves below the pegs. I was placing them back on the pegs when I noticed there was a Moonstone/Bullseye 2-pack. :woot: :woot: :woot:

It didn't look like they restocked so I'm assuming someone stashed the Moonstone/Bullseye pack last week and employees found it and put it back on the shelves.

Great two-pack and I'm always happy to add more villains to the collection.

I definitely had some good "toy karma" going this morning. I checked out the local TRU, which had stocked the new wave last week, but had no Moonstone/Bullseye left when I got there.

Today the minimates were thrown all over the shelves below the pegs. I was placing them back on the pegs when I noticed there was a Moonstone/Bullseye 2-pack. :woot: :woot: :woot:

It didn't look like they restocked so I'm assuming someone stashed the Moonstone/Bullseye pack last week and employees found it and put it back on the shelves.

Great two-pack and I'm always happy to add more villains to the collection.

I get irritated when "stashing" occurs. Just buy it or let someone with the funds buy it. Glad you scored the set today!

I hit my local TRU and it had already been pillaged. I couldn't make it there last week so who knows how long they've been there but only 2 Cap/AIMs and 1 IM/WM pack. Oh well.