UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So AA/DST showed the packaged pics of the Terminator Minimates on May 5th and they are now out at TRU. On May 8th AA/DST showed the next Marvel TRU wave so that means they should be out soon...right? or am I being overly optimistic?

I'm not sure how the timing works on this stuff. One could argue that with two different licenses, there could exist two different sets of filters on when the product is ready to go and when it actually goes. Sometime in June would likely be the safest bet, but who knows for sure.

We really haven't had to wait long at all between the time they show us a TRU set to the time we can buy it, we got wonderman a month or so after it showed in toyfare?. Its much longer between regular waves. Give it a few weeks and they should be hitting us all in the crotch like a brick in the night.

Here's what we know:

-On February 23 we saw package pictures of the Heroes/Villains Sets on AA's Blog, about a month later in March we started seeing them in stores. On February 25 they showed the Wolverine sets but those did not hit stores until April.

-We saw packaged pictures of the T2 wave on May 5th, they hit just last week. We saw Marvel Wave 3 on May 8th and Ghostbuster Wave 1 on May 20th.

-The Hero/Villain waves hit a month before the Hero and Villain box sets, the Wolverine wave hit about a month before the Comic book store versions. T2 TRU wave 1 hit a week before T2 singles hit comicshops.

What We Don't Know:

-Every non exclusive except Wolverine, Venom, and Sabertooth have been released. Venom will be released on July 23 and as of now Wolverine and Sabertooth will be released on August 22... since all other sets have been released about one month before their comicshop release, will Wolverine and Sabertooth delay the release until July? (T2 and GB1 where shown around the same time and TRU.com list them as "July") or like like T2 are these ready to go and will hit anyday now?

-Most TRU's have lingering Wolverine mates (I see about 2 boxes at both TRU's when I go) If all Marvel Minimates are in the system as the same items this could delay the shipping of Wave 3 since their system doesn't know Wave 3 is full of new better character, it just sees it as "more of this product that isn't selling" HOWEVER if since Wolverine wave wasn't "wave 3" it's possible Waves 1, 2, and 3 are the same product and Wolverine is something else like T2 and GB, and since those same TRU's are awfully low on Hero/Villain sets we could see Wave 3 before Wolverine is gone.

.... so I guess what I'm saying is. I have no clue when that waves coming out and looking at what clues we have just makes it more confusing. I'm just gonna wait until someone else says "FOUND 'EM!" then wait until two days after pictures go up to hit up TRU... it's worked like a charm so far.

Ummm..... getting minimates @TRU would be more like getting serviced by a hooker. The only hit is in the wallet. :P (unless it's the one the Sham-wow guy found.) :yucky: :tongue: The next 3 months are going to be Heaven/Hell for us.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like the new TRU marvel wave is out. Someone on the Raving Toy Maniac board posted they found them in Delaware today.

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/32361.shtml

Begin the hunt!! :lol:

Hot dam!! more army builders! bullseye and moonstone!!! wolvy and sabertooth!!!!! cant wait to see those pics!! whose gonna get them on here first?

Jeff of the Miniacs

I can vouch for this. After reading the toymania delaware sighting, I took a ride over to the media, PA TRU and found the set. Someone had obviously been there before me as I got the last Moonstone and Bullseye pack.

- Paul

Looks like the new TRU marvel wave is out. Someone on the Raving Toy Maniac board posted they found them in Delaware today.

Hot dam!! more army builders! bullseye and moonstone!!! wolvy and sabertooth!!!!! cant wait to see those pics!! whose gonna get them on here first?

Jeff of the Miniacs

I can vouch for this. After reading the toymania delaware sighting, I took a ride over to the media, PA TRU and found the set. Someone had obviously been there before me as I got the last Moonstone and Bullseye pack.

- Paul

Ok..snapped a few quick pics for you guys. Enjoy! Good hunting!

- Paul

Jeff of the Miniacs

post-1005-1245373361_thumb.jpg

post-1005-1245373388_thumb.jpg

post-1005-1245373398_thumb.jpg

post-1005-1245373411_thumb.jpg

post-1005-1245373420_thumb.jpg

Oh...I can't say this for all of them, but the mask on my bullseye was SNUG...and now post photo shoot..I can't get it off! If anyone's curious about accessories on the packs I got:

Web Armor Spidey and Venom :none

Moonstone and Bullseye : mask, 2 sai's, and 2....fighting billy club baton thingies.

Wolverine and Sabretooth: mask and hair for Wolvie.

- Paul

I love the hands on the Venom and the Sabertooth. I know that my TRU got a truck in today so here's hoping that tomorrow they will have some, although with these being sighted and purcahsed on the East coast I am not getting my hopes up. Thanks toylord for the pics!

Nuts. I didn't realize Bullseye had the slip on mask. I'm really not a fan of these. I want the masks with holes back!

According to a friend of mine who works at a chicago TRU his area is getting the new marvel set and BSG 1, and there is an open order for Ghostbusters

Ooo that's so suckish. Since i consider Jersey near Chicago that means my TRU has a chance of stocking these. And i just made Momma spend tons of cash last weekend. Dammit, this sucks; i need BSG SOOOOOOO much. :angry:

They look great, though!! Best Wolverine ever, finally the perfect Bullseye, and MOONSTONE!! :wub:

Really?

I don't know whether to whoop or weep. I really want that Bullseye/Moonstone (as does apparently every other MM fan out there this summer), but I may have tapped out the toy budget this month.

Oh the quandry of being a collector in this present economy.