UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

No Noses!

I just got the T-800 Assault and SWAT Officer 2-pack, and I was looking at the back of the box when I saw that Young John Connor didn't have a nose. Neither did any of the other pictures, or the T-800. I got and home and saw that none of my Minimates have noses! Who knew? I'd been collecting Minimates since 2003, and I had no idea!

I can see how this would happen. If you don't think about it or look for it, you might just assume that Minimates have noses. However, save for a very few exceptions, they do not. I personally think that this plays havok on likeness issues for some "real humans" such as Tim Roth, whose nose is a defining trait.

By the way, I hate all of you for getting the Terminators when my TRU refuses to get any of the cool stuff. No offense.

Edited by karamazov80

Actually, the original Spider-Man Minimate had a nose.

If you say that, then most Spideys have a nose.

Grodd has a nose, as does Salaak and the KISS cat guy. Zombie Spidey and Endoskeleton actually have a tampo to indicate that they are missing noses. Thor variant has a mask that accounts for a nose being there. The Hawks and Ambush Bug sort of have noses. Nightcrawler has a line there. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Actually, the original Spider-Man Minimate had a nose.

If you say that, then most Spideys have a nose.

Grodd has a nose, as does Salaak and the KISS cat guy. Zombie Spidey and Endoskeleton actually have a tampo to indicate that they are missing noses. Thor variant has a mask that accounts for a nose being there. The Hawks and Ambush Bug sort of have noses. Nightcrawler has a line there. . .

Though only the ones without removable masks.

There's also all the Ghost Riders, Red Skull, Grodd's skull, a lot of the Zombies.

And several removable masks suggest noses. Particularly Batman's (look at Classic Batman) and Daredevil's.

Oh, and hat exactly is the bandage on Looney Bin Jim covering?

Oh, and hat exactly is the bandage on Looney Bin Jim covering?

I'm gonna go with a wound. :P

But seriously; a lot of minimates are "meant" to have noses and quite frankly whether they do or they don't doesn't affect me in the slightest. When it comes to things like customizing or a new figrue that i've obsessed over for months then yes, i will observe every little detail. But normally i view the minimate as a whole and view it's overall quality.

I can see how this would happen. If you don't think about it or look for it, you might just assume that Minimates have noses. However, save for a very few exceptions, they do not. I personally think that this plays havok on likeness issues for some "real humans" such as Tim Roth, whose nose is a defining trait.

I thought something looked weird with the Hulk movie Emil Blonsky Mate.

Another thing: How come DST started with the T2 mates instead of T1?

Another thing: How come DST started with the T2 mates instead of T1?

Probably a licensing issue, though it may also have to do with the fact that the T2 license allows them to do the cool T-1000 Minimate. Whatever the case, they have fortunately skirted the "T2" restriction by giving us both the T-800 and Reese from that movie. Here's to hoping for a "future" Reese and "big hair" Sarah Conner at some point.

and what exactly is the bandage on Looney Bin Jim covering?

it's james! not loony bin jim, not LBJ, JAMES!

EDIT: I just realized my LBJ mate is missing. i've looked everywhere but he's gone =((

yeah I noticed the nose thing not long ago either. haha

Edited by killcharlesdead

Are you talking about the centre of his mask where the concentric circles that are part of his webbing design start? picture Cuz that 's not a nose.

Ok, I am joking. It's ambiguous as to whether or not he has a nose because he has a non-removable mask.

Personally, I never noticed the nose thing until I put a nose on a custom of a character with a very distinctive nose. That cause a ruckus.

I'll be completely honest I didn't notice right away they didn't have noses either I think someone had mentioned it on here or maybe it was in a review at minimates central. Anyways I think they are fine without them it adds to their charm.