UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

your dream box set

so if you were given the chance to assemble a themed four pack, who would you pick and why?

I would really want to see an alpha flight box set personally, as i've been reading alot of old comics lately. I had forgotten how much I loved this team.

alpha flight:

-guardian

-north star

-aurora

-snowbird

of course there would have to be a second box set to fit sasquatch, puck, shaman and vindicator in there =)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pretty much be keen for any box set with four villains, as there are far more villains I'd like to see at this point than heroes, especially as the regular waves are typically hero-heavy so I feel a Hero character is far more likely than a villainous counterpart, case in point Klaw, whose best shot at being 'mated was arguably with his nemesis Black Panther who is coming with Storm, so I think it'd be difficult to work him into the line now, but I'd love to be proven wrong. *hinthint* Anywho, long winded diatribe aside, I was thinking something like this:

Blizzard

Klaw

Crossbones

Tiger Shark

The way I'm looking at it, they're villains who are tied strongly to a particular hero, but frankly I'd rather get them this way than having to buy yet another Iron Man, Captain America, ect. It will never happen, but I'd like to see something like this.

Edited by Valo487

Klaw

Whirlwind

the Melter

Radioactive Man (classic costume)

Hey, you said dream. I have an odd facination with this particular Masters of Evil. I have no idea why. And the only way this grouping would get made as a boxed set is if I won the lottery and bought the whole company. Only Klaw even has an outside chance of see the light of day. Assuming of course there isn't a really broad reaching Thor centric wave in a couple of years that picks up a classic Radioactive Man. (not sure I'd root for that either, as it would mean someone like the Wrecker or the Executioner would get bumped) But perenial punching bag Whirlwind? The not only 20 years dead, but lame enough that no one else has picked up the ID Melter? Not happeneing.

In terms of Marvel? Probably a hodge-podge set of characters that largely don't have anything to do with one another:

-Nighthawk

-Mockingbird

(these first two just because I think they would look amazing as Minimates)

-Longshot

-Captain Britain (near modern)

(these two because I loved their characters as a kid)

Edited by karamazov80

I'd definitely go with a Heroes II set with updated versions of:

Wolverine

Captain America

Hulk

Spider-Man

Shoot man, I didn't even think of that! Seconded, except I want 2 new "classic" Spidey updates, and 2 new Wolvie updates--one an update of "comic" Wolvie with wife-beater, or possibly both. I don't think we have Wolvie or Spidey in non-tux suits yet. . .c'mon DST!

Edited by karamazov80

i think it would be good to do a wolverine origins boxset much like the ironman hostile takeover i just think it would be a good way to fit in what they forgot in the wolverine wave it should include in order of most wanted (i think)

by all of us here at mmmv

gambit-because he looked pretty cool and could use some pieces from the bambit coming soon so wouldnt need to mold new pieces

final battle deadpool-again would be cool with all the scars and the blades from the hand would look cool using a sort of ryu fist piece also i think it would save a lot of people making a custom to get it

for the third choice i was a little suck beetween

emma frost-a pretty cool character and would look cool but wouldnt know wether to have diamond or normalor find a way to do both by adding an extra pair of arms, extra face on back of head and reversobal chest like the one iron fist had and but a jacket in there to i think she wore a jacket :huh:

my second choice for third is

cyclops-now he was cool in the film and good for recreating the chase scene beetween him an d sabretooth, also could be a good chanse to make a new swivel hairpiceand glasses sort of thing

an finaly

wolverine-no real reason just had to put him in there since y'know it was his film do it in his green tank top as seen in the begining and i think end

now tell me is that not totally awesome if only it was a five pack :blush:

I wonder if Marvel even has the rights to Conan anymore. A Marvel Legends-type Conan was released a couple of years ago in the "Indie" Legends line that Toy Biz started after they lost the Marvel license to Hasbro.

I wonder if Marvel even has the rights to Conan anymore. A Marvel Legends-type Conan was released a couple of years ago in the "Indie" Legends line that Toy Biz started after they lost the Marvel license to Hasbro.

Long since lost. Although minimates based on Buscema Conan comics would absolutely ROCK!

Edited by Mirymate

The not only 20 years dead, but lame enough that no one else has picked up the ID Melter? Not happeneing.

IM V5 Iss4 Has a reference to the Melter! looks like IronMan took him down off page ;)

As for my box set and keeping a theme: Stark (Armor) Wars

Silver Centurion Iron Man (Redone in shiny red/silver metallic paint! )

Titanium Man

Crimson Dynamo

Mandroids - with shield agents underneath (to cheat the 4 pack limits on figures) ;)

T.

Man-Thing

Howard the Duck

Conan

Captain Britain

I'd love this set ( consider it my random people choice also) but I thought we were supposed to keep a theme?

T.

OK is this 'pick on the ol' guy night'? :D

Here's your bloody theme.....Savage Tales. They were all featured in a Marvel comic called Savage Tales. Marvel.....comic...all...featured...therefore themed. :P

Edited by buttheadsmate