UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 29 Pictures

I like this rearrangemnt better than the other picture. Black Panther looks somehow better, maybe the other was just a bad shop job, I don't know. Moon Knight though... his head can't possibly be actually attached to his neck peg, can it?

I'm very happy with this wave. Finally, a Moon Knight! A great DD variation; Storm and Wolverine are fine; Hydra army builders here we go; the Logan soldier is also a good figure and army builder; and the Black Panther is great since you can lose the extra stuff to get the classic costume. Nice stuff all around!

Personally, i think Armored Daredevil looks kinda plain. He should have some kind of armor chestplate or something, in stead of it being painted on.

I think that even with armour on, DD always looked very trim & svelt . . . so the coice to paint his armour on was probably to stop him from looking to bluky.

I don't really mind having it painted on to be honest - plus it will no doubt help keep production costs for the line down so that the money can go to the sculpted pieces for Storm, MoonKnight etc. . . .

I can't wait to get that Black Panther and take alla those extra peices off.

I just pictured some Ru Paul-looking Storm slinking up to BP and saying 'Hmmmmm - i can't wait to get you home and take alla your extra pieces off' LOL

Personally, i think Armored Daredevil looks kinda plain. He should have some kind of armor chestplate or something, in stead of it being painted on.

I think that even with armour on, DD always looked very trim & svelt . . . so the coice to paint his armour on was probably to stop him from looking to bluky.

I don't really mind having it painted on to be honest - plus it will no doubt help keep production costs for the line down so that the money can go to the sculpted pieces for Storm, MoonKnight etc. . . .

I can't wait to get that Black Panther and take alla those extra peices off.

I just pictured some Ru Paul-looking Storm slinking up to BP and saying 'Hmmmmm - i can't wait to get you home and take alla your extra pieces off' LOL

Ha! Ya goofy!

I'm totally sick of wolverine 100%. If you wanted an army builder to have soldiers would be cool, I would think they will supply regular hands to lose the claws, but the face still has wolvie written on it. I agree that a chest piece of DD would make him look too bulky, he looks cool.

Fine. But you know what we need? We need an Armored Black Panther, like the one in Black Panther: Civil War, when Panther fights Doom and Iron Man.

I can't find the picture, but it looks awesome.

While we're on the topic of Black Panthers, how about the new female Black Panther?

While we're on the topic of Black Panthers, how about the new female Black Panther?

To be honest, I'm pretty freaking sick of Female versions of Marvel Characters showing up lately. Lady Loki, Lady Bullseye, Ms Sinister, Female Black Panther. Once or twice might be interesting, but when it starts becoming a trend (like it is) the idea stops being interesting.

Edited by Nessex

I'm with Nessex, but it isn't just female characters. There was a discussion a couple weeks ago about lame, rip-off characters like Stryfe, and it seems like that is all Marvel knows how to do nowadays. Red Hulk, Avenger dopplegangers, Wolverine clones and children, all with claws of course (though some with thumb claws? WTF??), Stryfe apparently returning, and then the women versions of all these male characters. Give me a break.

The only saving grace is that we get some cool new Minimate updates of classic characters out of the deal.

I like Storm, Black Panther, Daredevil, and Moon Knight. I'm not sure about the Hydra Agent, and the Wolverines are okay. I don't think the Wolverines themselves are bad, I'm just a little burnt on the Wolverinepalooza that has happened the last couple of months. The mates themselves look good, though.

Edited by Joe Hill

With both Black Panther and Hydra Agent, my figures will definitely be shedding their unnecessary (to me) extra pieces, so that they are their more classic, basic incarnations. If you look at the control art on the AA blog, the Hydra head there is actually a mask over a more "basic" Hydra head, he also has a tampo on the chest block under that sculpted chest piece. The bracelets and crotch piece on BP can also be removed to reveal his earlier design.

Edited by karamazov80

So have they stopped doing painted prototypes, or are they just whipping up these photoshop versions so they can get buzz (and preorders) going as soon as they've made an announcement?

No, those are real prototypes. But they take individual pictures of the protoypes, then photo shop them into different arrangemtnets. The first wave 29 picture we saw had Daredevil front and center. This one has BP up front, and somehow he doesn't look as oddly proportioned. My guess is they resized him out of prototion in the first PS arrangement.

Of course, I've seen what skilled artists can do with photoshop these days, so who can really say what's real anymore online.

So have they stopped doing painted prototypes, or are they just whipping up these photoshop versions so they can get buzz (and preorders) going as soon as they've made an announcement?

It looks like only some of their faces are photoshopped on. I could be wrong though.

Edited by luke314pi

I think the black work on BP's crotch looks a little photo-shopped too!

'Do you know who freak i am????? I'm the Black Freaking Panther & i DEMAND darker shading on my crotch!'

With both Black Panther and Hydra Agent, my figures will definitely be shedding their unnecessary (to me) extra pieces, so that they are their more classic, basic incarnations. If you look at the control art on the AA blog, the Hydra head there is actually a mask over a more "basic" Hydra head, he also has a tampo on the chest block under that sculpted chest piece. The bracelets and crotch piece on BP can also be removed to reveal his earlier design.

wow, I hadn't noticed that... good call

but I gotta disagree about stryfe. maybe it's just because I grew up with him, but without him we wouldn't have the legacy virus! I don't know, I really enjoyed the different legacy story arcs, so maybe it's more of a respectful "thank you", than me actually liking him. lol

and I know alot of people are tired of wolverine, but I can't wait for this one! I know i'm biased, as the x-force series that's currently running is my overall favorite comic, and at least it's sort of a new take on him, his boots have treading (lol) and his claws appear to be a bit better. but to each their own.

Yeah, I thought the picture looked a little odd. To me it looks like DDs chest and crotch are all photoshopped along with the faces and some other black areas.