UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Exclusives

So, Ive been out of "the game" for about 6 months, and I just noticed that there are a ton of TRU 2-pack exclusives, but I don't know how many! I know there is the "Wonder Man/Union Jack" "Wolverine/Agent Zero" "Punisher/Jigsaw" and "Gauntlet Tony Stark/Stealth Iron Man" sets. Is that it. Are there moer? Please let me know. Thanks!

-CloneMe

Wolverine/Silver Fox, and movie Hulk/Abomination were already released. Technically, the entire "wave 2" are exclusive releases (as exclusive as the Hulk or Punisher packs). Announced for the future are a whole wave of Ghostbusters exclusives, Terminator/SWAT exclusive, Bullseye/Moonstone, W.A. Spidey/Gargan Venom. . .possibly missing something. Also, the Secret Wars 4 pack will be a TRU exclusive, and one of the SDCC sets (Dark Avengers 1?) will be a joint TRU/DST release, I believe.

Oh good. I was half afraid this was a "They need to stop giving us exclusives because I personally can't get them all so everyone needs to suffer because of me" thread. :)

Yeah no.

What about comic shop exclusives/blanks. I know there was the ComcisPro any other ones like the bad apple blank?

There were the two white Diamond Select and Art Asylum blanks from Toy Fair this year, and of course the Free Comic Book Day 2009 blank, and... Unification Spock? Those are all the promo mates I can think of.

... unless you want us to go as far back as SDCC 2008, Toy Fair 2008, The Hunt... :blink:

There were the two white Diamond Select and Art Asylum blanks from Toy Fair this year, and of course the Free Comic Book Day 2009 blank, and... Unification Spock? Those are all the promo mates I can think of.

... unless you want us to go as far back as SDCC 2008, Toy Fair 2008, The Hunt... :blink:

Those I know of, I'm good there. Thanks. Oh is the Hulk in the TRU Hulk/Abomination two pack an exclusive?

-CloneMe

Those I know of, I'm good there. Thanks. Oh is the Hulk in the TRU Hulk/Abomination two pack an exclusive?

-CloneMe

Nope both are the same as the regular wave versions, they get the exclusivity by being packed together rather that as per the regular wave.

Arent you glad you aren't a packing variation collector? :)

T.

Not really. It's one of those subtle (if any) paint variations of the movie Hulk figure.

There was speculation that the Punisher War Zone TRU figure was also a very minor paint variation. Can anyone authoritatively confirm or deny the validity of these statements?

Edited by karamazov80

-CloneMe

Nope both are the same as the regular wave versions, they get the exclusivity by being packed together rather that as per the regular wave.

Arent you glad you aren't a packing variation collector? :)

T.

Oh god yes, I'm glad I'm not shanester. Okay sorry to bug with so many questions but since I have a complete collection up to 3rd quarter of last year, I can't afford to not be specific! I'm coming back!

-CloneMe

Welcome back CloneMe.

I too have rediscovered the Minimates passion again, so I know how you feel :)

Thanks Danny, I managed to stay clean for a couple of months, but the completist in me is winning out again!

-CloneMe

There was speculation that the Punisher War Zone TRU figure was also a very minor paint variation. Can anyone authoritatively confirm or deny the validity of these statements?

Authoritative huh? I wouldn't go that far, but it does look like they are very, slightly different. If I hadn't been told to look for a difference, I wouldn't have noticed it (and obviously didn't). TRU pack is on the left (missing hand), box set is on the right.

punAmbient.jpg

Here they are in ambient light. You can barely see the TRU version is the tiniest bit more glossy.

punFlash.jpg

Here is the same shot with direct flash from about a foot away (glare ahoy!). It is a bit easier to see the difference.

If I had my flash diffuser with me I'd give you a third shot. Alas, the gnomes have hidden it again. Fiendish gnomes are always touching my stuff. One day I'll catch one, you'll see. Keep it in a cage. Take it around the world. Feed it chocolates, exquisite chocolates from Europe. Teach it to read and write. Send it to college. Watch it become a doctor. I'll be so proud of my little gnome.

So proud. :sniff:

Thanks Ivan. I can think of no more "authoritative" source. I have a similar gnome living around here, but if I catch him, I won't exactly feed him fine, Belgian chocolate. More like what happens at the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cFNbrPLx4

Edited by karamazov80

Hi

I need help, i have to buy the Toys R Us Exclusives Ghostbuster and marvel,

where i can find in internet?

I'm an italian collector so i need a website that have more pack as possible to save on the shipping price

Thank and sorry for my english ;)

Authoritative huh? I wouldn't go that far, but it does look like they are very, slightly different. If I hadn't been told to look for a difference, I wouldn't have noticed it (and obviously didn't). TRU pack is on the left (missing hand), box set is on the right.

that difference is noticeable, albeit it slightly... the TRU one is missing his hand!!!

:lol: