UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Hot Toys IronMan

mabait1020

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the Mark III will be pretty near obsolete with the release of this one. Will have better articulation, most likely better paint and a better headsculpt (with red sunglasses, no less), moving fingers on one set of hands, 2 stands, removable chest plate.

I will pass on Whiplash, but may well pick up the Mark IV and War Machine.

I was thinking the same with regards to the Mark III, but now I'm thinking how cool (but expensive) it would be to get all the Iron Man armors. Decisions, decisions.

I was thinking the same with regards to the Mark III, but now I'm thinking how cool (but expensive) it would be to get all the Iron Man armors. Decisions, decisions.

Though I'm not familiar with them, I'm sure that there are enough differences between the Mark III and IV armors so that hardcore IM fans will want both, but for $150+ toys, I figure lots of collectors are going to make a choice between one or the other, if they choose either.

• 2 weeks later...

The bd mark III is out of this world!! Id highly recommend. It just gives you more options for display and the battle damage is fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
The bd mark III is out of this world!! Id highly recommend. It just gives you more options for display and the battle damage is fantastic.

I'm not really that into 1/6 scale figures, but this one really caught my heart. The detail and paint job are absolutely stunning. All of the weapons features and little gimicks around the armour are so much fun! Definitely worth getting. :)

Anyone else think she looks kind of spaced out with her mouth open like that? I'm surprised they didn't go with a more determined or secretive expression.

Oh, for heaven's sake.

(Background for those who can't read the whole thread: Fwooshers discussing the Hot Toys IM2 Black Widow figure. Some weird hang-up over the rooted hair adding to the "dollness" of the figure.)

I must consider myself doubly lucky I'm a girl then. That way I can get away with playing around with "dolls" without worrying about how secure I am in my masculinity. :rolleyes:

Personally, I hate rooted hair on dollies, and I personally don't think it has much to do with the confidence of my self-image. It's just not something I want on my shelves. Does it also remind me of the Barbies my sister had as a kid? Probably. And that probably is part of it. Whether or not you want to be a collector of Barbies might not have anything to do with your gender security, though. Maybe I just don't want Barbies in my collection? I don't like Barbies. I don't like Blammoids, either, or LEGOs, or scantily clad anime figurines, so I don't collect them.

And I do think it is a bit creepy having a female doll with serious cleavage and, from my understanding, "life-like" rubber boobs. Does that mean I'm not secure enough in my level of perversion? I don't know. I just think it's weird. I don't collect those things because I don't like them, and I would prefer Hot Toys to treat the genders equally so that I would feel better with a girl dollie on my shelf alongside my male ones.

Edited by karamazov80

I am not a huge fan of rooted hair in most cases, but I believe it's a necessary evil when you have a long haired character. If it's medium long, like the Joker, or the upcoming truetype with the "Gambit" head, then I want sculpted hair all the way. However, with a character like Black Widow, you just have to have rooted hair. Without it, you will severely limit the range of motion for the head, which is not good for someone who opens their figures.

Do I wish there was a way to not have rooted hair at all? Yes. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to make a good looking figure with usable articulation without it.

Bearing in mind what I collect I have often wondered what the headline in the newspapers would be if my house was ever raided by the Old Bill . I always have to emphasise that the words 'toys' 'comics' & 'fifty-five year old ' are still a strange combo in this country.

Bearing in mind what I collect I have often wondered what the headline in the newspapers would be if my house was ever raided by the Old Bill . I always have to emphasise that the words 'toys' 'comics' & 'fifty-five year old ' are still a strange combo in this country.

Whenever people come over to visit for the first time, I know that they see the huge bookshelf with hordes of Minimates and 12 inch dolls staring at them in the living room. People try to act like they don't notice and that it isn't a big deal. But I know in their mind they are thinking, "WTF??" :lol:

If they say anything about it, it is usually to criticize my poor Thriller Michael Jackson figure. "Why do you have the pedophile on your shelf?" etc.

Edited by karamazov80

So far I only plan on collecting the armored figures from this line, but if I were to collect the others, I would be happiest with rooted hair for the Widow. However, I would take some serious heat from my wife for having a figure like that on my shelf. She would definitely call it a doll.

It crosses a line of some kind. There is a difference between Hot Toys and Tonner, and the rooted hair is a step in the wrong direction, IMO. Sculpted hair may reduce articulation, but I would prefer that any day of the week to some Barbie looking thing.

Some have said that it adds to the realism of the doll, but I think there are some real limits we need to impose in that domain. I don't want dolls that urinate, that are "anatomically correct" underneath the pant area, or that have hair that needs brushing.

Man, yet another reason I love this forum! HAHAHA!!

Where else can you find a bunch of grown men (and women) who collect block figures debating the pros and cons of rooted hair on a 1/6 scale action figure, or 12" doll, if you will?

You folks make me proud to be a dork! :)