UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Hot Toys IronMan

mabait1020

let me start... i juts got them earlier and all i can say is....

"These Are FREEAKIN' AWESOME!!!!"

Hottoys Ironman Mark II & III

The Box

frontbox.jpg

sidebox.jpg

backbox.jpg

Opened

openbox.jpg

What's Inside

whatsinside.jpg

Armours

awesome.jpg

Alt. Tony Heads

tony.jpg

MArk II's amazing sliding face plate design... (it's magnetized)

faceplate.jpg

The Proof that Tony Stark has a HEART!

heart.jpg

TFL!

More cool pics coming...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I would love to pick up the Mark III at some point, but with so many great Hot Toys figures, you've got to draw the line somewhere (don't know if you saw, but in-hand pics of Dutch and Predator have been released over the last week or so, and those are both must-owns for me). HT is also reusing that mold for a "gun metal gray" SDCC exclusive, which doesn't make as much sense as a Stealth IM repaint a la the Minimate, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

Nice. I would love to pick up the Mark III at some point, but with so many great Hot Toys figures, you've got to draw the line somewhere (don't know if you saw, but in-hand pics of Dutch and Predator have been released over the last week or so, and those are both must-owns for me). HT is also reusing that mold for a "gun metal gray" SDCC exclusive, which doesn't make as much sense as a Stealth IM repaint a la the Minimate, IMO.

yeah... i've seen your post about your 1/6 scale stuffs... and i gotta tell you bro... those made me "in" to 1:6 stuffs too... but planning on expanding the collection but i am wanting to buy other 1:6 figures from sideshow/medicom/enterbay... ETc.

about the Gun metal.... i'm gonna pass on that one... i dont really get the gimmik.

but these 2 babies are 100% pure awesome!

who said 2 babies?

IMG_4819.jpg

Yes your not seeing doubles and no camera trick here...

they are my daughters and they love Ironman:)

Awesome, but if this is your first foray into the 1/6 toys, be forewarned--it can be just as addicting as anything else, but as I'm sure you have seen with those Iron Men, much much more expensive ;)

I fully expect to get into the premium format figures, statues, 1:1, scale reproductions, etc. once I get my damn degree and a real job.

who said 2 babies?

IMG_4819.jpg

Yes your not seeing doubles and no camera trick here...

they are my daughters and they love Ironman:)

They're incredibly cute, especially with those Macho Man sunglasses :D

post-1827-1242881940_thumb.jpg

But. . .are you letting them play with those toys? :ohmy:

I have the Mark I on pre-order. It will be my first 1/6 scale figure. I wanted to buy the Mark III as well, but I could only afford one of them, and I love the detail on the Mark I.

i dont have markI on any pre order i'm still waiting for the full detailed review before i get one... hey luke... you think you can make one when you get yours? and about affording them... come 'on man... you? go get one now master! it's worth every penny!

Don't know if this matters to either of you, but supposedly the Mark I is not in scale with the Marks II and III. It is apparently a bit smaller. However, they might have jacked the price up another $50 if they tried to make it the actual size, so. . .you take the bad with the good.

Don't know if this matters to either of you, but supposedly the Mark I is not in scale with the Marks II and III. It is apparently a bit smaller. However, they might have jacked the price up another $50 if they tried to make it the actual size, so. . .you take the bad with the good.

well.... this got me thinkin twice again... :huh:

i dont have markI on any pre order i'm still waiting for the full detailed review before i get one... hey luke... you think you can make one when you get yours?

Sure, I will post my thoughts here. I will also measure him to see how tall he is, so you can compare that to the other ones.

Supposedly they are all 30 cm tall. Thus, it should be the same size. The problem is scale in that the Mark I was bigger than the Marks II and III in the movie. So, the difference may not be so great, mabait. When it is released, I'm sure there will be numerous comparison picks to give you a better idea.

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...
I received notification that the release date for my Hot Toys Iron Man Mark I got pushed back to 3rd Qtr 2009... :angry:

Now I might have to buy a Mark III to make up for the long wait. :P

Do it. You will not be disapointed. I'm sure that you can afford it now that you're part of the staff. I bet they gave you a big signing bonus.

I received notification that the release date for my Hot Toys Iron Man Mark I got pushed back to 3rd Qtr 2009... :angry:

Do it. You will not be disapointed. I'm sure that you can afford it now that you're part of the staff. I bet they gave you a big signing bonus.

Yes, it was massive. But I already spent it on this. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it was massive. But I already spent it on this. :P

Holy shit. That is fantastic. Maybe if I sold one of my kids I could get one of those. Not sure if the wife would go for it.

Michael Crawford got a review of the Mark I up, and there are comparison shots at the bottom of the page. He actually looks a bit shorter than the Marks II and III:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071009a.htm

I love that site. It gives me detailed shots of all the things I would have if I didn't have kids. It's almost as good as having them.

We got the Mark III in at my work and it is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the moving pieces in Tony's armour and the RDJ likeness is out of this world.

• 1 month later...

More pics of the Battle Damaged version. Looking very, very nice. The first release seemed a bit plain to me, and I never picked it up, in part, because of this. But all the details and little improvements on this guy is making me think I might have to get him:

post-1827-1251737364_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251737338_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251737345_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1251737389_thumb.jpg