UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Roundup

Okay, so I'm looking for a single place that has all the SDCC 2009 exclusives. I want to make sure that I don't miss anything. Here's what I have so far:

Marvel Champions 4-Pack (AFX)

Marvel Thunderbolts 4-Pack (AFX)

T2 Attack on Cyberdyne 4-Pack (AFX)

Fanboy Keychains (4 colors) (AFX)

Ghostbusters GB2 Venkman/Stay Puft 2-Pack (DST)

Marvel Dark Avengers 1 (TRU)

Marvel Dark Avengers 2 (DST)

Did I miss anything? I'm counting on these being available online from the respective retailers after the show, with the exception of the keychains (which are the least important to me, anyway).

Thanks, dudes.

as far as I can recall it is standard that they are 2000...which is great for us geographically challenged :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah - i'm in Oz, so i'm a little bit worried about missing out too!

But, AFX is now offering there 'Limited' Hostil Takeover set in there express packs in an attempt to sell off some old stock. So hopefully, the limited number is plenty to go around - it seems to have been with the Hostile Takeover set.

Am I the only one who doesn't think 2000 is alot? :huh:

It doesn't seem like a lot, but previous sets released in this number took forever to sell out at AFX. Remember, these aren't Transformers or Barbies. There aren't hundreds of thousands of fans who will buy them, and (most) people who do aren't either going to hoard them or buy a bunch with the hope of "flipping" them for a profit on eBay.

I guess I sound as if I'm on AFX's case.....I am.....

A Pre-order with AFX is no longer a guarantee of actually getting what you've ordered from AFX. <_<

Care to clarify?

T.

Happy to. I have Pre-ordered The Heroes sets & have yet to receive diddly although the Villains are on their way. I have ordered The Spirit & received half of one order (2 packs) ,none of the 4 packs & no real response to my query as to the whereabouts of the remainder . All these items were pre-orders or orders promising delivery within a given period.

I have been an advocate of AFX for a long time ,often promoting them directly & pointing people their way.......I'm afraid my opinion is changing.

I currently have EVERYTHING Minimate that can be pre-ordered....pre-ordered with AFX ...& I have taken out a small mortgage to pay for it up front so to be fair Tim I think I deserve a little customer satisfaction & I ain't getting it.

Happy to. I have Pre-ordered The Heroes sets & have yet to receive diddly although the Villains are on their way. I have ordered The Spirit & received half of one order (2 packs) ,none of the 4 packs & no real response to my query as to the whereabouts of the remainder . All these items were pre-orders or orders promising delivery within a given period.

I have been an advocate of AFX for a long time ,often promoting them directly & pointing people their way.......I'm afraid my opinion is changing.

I currently have EVERYTHING Minimate that can be pre-ordered....pre-ordered with AFX ...& I have taken out a small mortgage to pay for it up front so to be fair Tim I think I deserve a little customer satisfaction & I ain't getting it.

Ok that's good to know,

Pat at AFX is a good guy and does a lot for the minimate world and is usually very responsive to email and questions.

I have myself had orders shipped from them with stuff missing without explaination (For example missing the DSS set, which I found at retail and eventually cancelled with AFX after a few months of it not showing up.).

One thing to remember with AFX is that I think they have their Minimates shipped direct from the factory so they do not always have the same release timing as people that order through Previews. However the benefits are that somehow this allows them to put together 'magic chase cases' with 3 sets of 8 rather than 4 sets of 6 minimates.

Perhaps make a list of what you ordered what you got and what preorders you might just cancel and go elsewhere if it's not resolved and send it to them, perhaps ( knowing your likely ordering numbers) they will sit up and listen a little?

T.

Therein lies the rub.....I have now ordered (in desperation) The Heroes sets from BBTS whose service waivers from excellent to bloody abyssmal !

All I want to be able to do is pay someone a reasonable price for Minimates sets that arrive in good time undamaged as they are released. Currently this is not the case with any retailer I'm trying .....the latest I'm trying is Midtown...we'll see!

Maybe it's just me!

Crap on a crutch! I went to the absolutely weakest Minimate SDCC showing since their inception. I fly to San Diego in 2007 all excited for my first Comic Con and what do I get... a Zombie Minimate 2-pack. (2 years later and one of my LCC still has 10 of them on a shelf covered with dust). The years before and the years after have been loaded with sweet stuff!

At least I got to meet some of you fellow collectors. Maybe next summer I'll be able to swing down.. but then again that may jinx it for us all and all they will sell is a 2 pack with battle damaged spiderman and Wolverine XXIV.

I can't wait to hold those ghostbuster mates.. just sweet!

Vox

I love the SDCC exclusive minimate sets and I have pre-ordered (for pickup at the convention) from AFX and that has worked out really well. I have also used them for just ordering normal sets and have always been satisfied. I have switched to BBTS simply because I love the pile of loot function and their prices are ever so slightly cheaper.

The last two years I have noticed large quantities of the AFX sets still sitting in the booth at the end of Saturday so I think that 2000 tends to be plenty so that collectors who can't go to the convention can still order from the website after the show and be ok.

Edited by gambitron

About the SDCC freakout. I asked AFX and actually got an answer!

"Yall have WAY too many SDCC exclusives coming out. My wallet hates you. I love you though! Any chance of an SDCC Minimates Xpress Pack after the show? ^-^"

"Hi Sam, yes we plan to have some specials with our exclusives. Thanks for checking."

Came off my facebook page. :rolleyes:

I've ordered mine. Let's wait & see :ermm:http://www.shopafx.com/afxsdexmixpp1.html

That's a pretty good deal, it saves the worry about chasing these seperately on ebay and as a bonus you get the hostile takeover set for free! which works for me because I still dont have that set.

All I need to do is find some $$$ now and talk AFX into also sending those giveaways they have as well!

The only thing with AFX that annoys the crap out of me is that it never remembers my account and I have to recreate it every time!!

T.

p.s. Shameless plug time: If you order from AFX dont forget to use the ad at the top to contribute to the multiverse!!

p.s. Shameless plug time: If you order from AFX dont forget to use the ad at the top to contribute to the multiverse!!

I never see these things until after I place my order!

Yeah, Darn this new fangled stuff that's only been there for a couple of years B)

T.

I've ordered mine. Let's wait & see :ermm:http://www.shopafx.com/afxsdexmixpp1.html

Thanks for the link BHM, but where'd you find it? I pre-ordered the stuff I want, but just tried it again and now it redirects to the main site, where there's nothing about the SDCC exclusives... weird!

Yeah, doesn't do it for me at all.