UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Announcing DCD Blammoids

boyd

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to hit the unpopular train here and say I really kinda like those. They look pretty cool. A little ridiculous in the whole groin thing, but besides that I think they make for some cool looking toys. NOT $20, but if they're $10 that might be a little more palletable.

Blammoids, huh? I'll just call 'em BMs for short! :lol:

Call them BlaHeMorrhoids so we can use the acronym of BHM. It’s got a nicer ring to it. :D

You Both got it wrong. Its BlammoidS or BS for short. I personally find those to be hideous. I look at them and I cant find one positive thing to say, except maybe brewer will be canned for this, though I know he wont.

has anyone seen the southpark episode where cartman becomes a hall monitor and becomes the "dog",so he gets a fake wife?those toys look like his wife

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I love how he sprays random people with bear mace.

They certainly are ugly pieces of crap aren't they; but i think we should know by now that DCD don't really care what we want.

Gotta' love the bitterness in this thread, right?

Personally, I think these look fun. They're bold, different and have a sense of humour. (In my opinion they're certainly more eye-catching than even the most adventurous Minimate design.) Of course, they are overpriced, but show me a designer-vinyl toy that isn't.

Edited by gerg

If I ever saw them in person, they would certainly be more "vomit catching" than any Minimate I had seen. As for non-overpriced designer toys, look no further than the Mighty Muggs.

Gotta' love the bitterness in this thread, right?

Personally, I think these look fun. They're bold, different and have a sense of humour. (In my opinion they're certainly more eye-catching than even the most adventurous Minimate design.) Of course, they are overpriced, but show me a designer-vinyl toy that isn't.

I don't think it's bitterness actually. I stray away from the Mugg thread ,for example, because I have no affection for them. I collect kubricks despite the 'don't get it' from many here. I collect Cosbaby lines for 'some bloody reason' & accept that they are strange. I am sure that GI Joe would be interesting & realise that Transformers were unfortunately not of my time. I liked palZ & I am an avid Maschinen Krieger collector. I loved BSG but couldn't ever enjoy a Star Wars movie. I prefer Marvel comics although there are many DC titles I have enjoyed. I love Minimates & I enjoyed DC & C3 Minimates tremendously & have no animosity towards whoever runs DC ...................................................

...................................but these are just SHITE......& that's just my opinion.

Aquaman is just epic failure.

story of his life.

so if we all straight up agree not to buy any of these abominations, maybe they won't sell enough and dcd will get their heads out of the clouds... even if they don't bring the dc minimates back (as they should!) they at very least, need to stop making these terrible things. they're freakin' hideous and must be stopped

Edited by killcharlesdead

Its not bitterness for me. The problem for me with DCD is their consistent inconsistency. I used to collect their stuff b4 the minimates. Their quality control and customer are infamous, the 1st waves of their Kingdom Come and Crisis figures were so bad they had to issue an apology/replacement wave (eventually). The scales of their figures vary wildly, sometimes on figs in the same wave. and then they have the tendency to leave lines incomplete, even the successful ones. So i just decided that i personally wouldn't buy their product anymore.

..and imo Blammoids may actually be worse than pocket heroes

Edited by TITAN

I actually liked the Pocket Heroes. . .until I saw Minimates :)

I still dig Pocket Super Heroes. Collecting the many and varied Green Lantern Pocket Super Heroes is what got me into toy collecting to begin with. If they just had two (or better yet, four) more points of articulation, I'd probably rate them as better than Minimates, what with the larger size and less stylized design allowing for more personalization per character (okay, potential, not actual...the Guardian really is bad. I want a Minimate Guardian just so I have one that's the right scale for the Pocket Super Heroes...). I got started on Minimates out of a desire to get the GLs that weren't made. Then I got Minimate versions of the characters I already had. Then I decided I needed a Minimate Alan Scott to complete my collection, and realized how awesome Minimates are for customization. Then, having both Golden Age Green Lantern and Red Tornado (who I got because...well...), I just had to complete the JSA in Minimate form, which of course meant I needed more Pocket Super Heroes...long story slightly less long: I finally got ahold of Hawkman and Hawkwoman, and wish there were more DC Minimates to buy. These new Blammoids things are not that, and they look terrible, to boot.

I actually like these. I certainly won't buy any, but I think they're cute. Still not the worst attempt at a major company trying the designer vinyl thing.

And where's all this animosity coming from about these replacing DC Minis? Is there any official quote that says "We stopped making DC Minimates cause these new things are awesome!"? Or is it all just assumptions?

Or is it all just assumptions?

I think it is an inference based on the fact that seem to constantly have some product focused on the mini-collectibles market, and have moved from Minimates to these.

Regarding the Pocket Heroes, one thing they certainly had going for them was a great character selection. You got the bulk of the Golden Age JSA and the Teen Titans (something the Minimates really should have placed more of a focus on, IMO), as well as more great villains and a number of Legionnaires on top of that.

Ya know what i find really funny?? Yes, besides wanting the Hal/Sinestro pack. Jerkfaces. :P

No, i was on a Green Lantern forum the other day looking at custom figures for minimate ideas, and i came across a thread for "Blammoids!". Well, wouldn't ya know it?? They hate them too!! What broke my heart was this:

"Those things are so ugly, but i still like them .0000000000001% more than those ugly mini-mate things." :blink::jawdrop:

Holy. Shiiiiieeeeet. That's a knife in the back right there. These more desired than minimates?!?! I think not.

But only a little more desired than minimates... :confused:

Or is it all just assumptions?

I think it is an inference based on the fact that seem to constantly have some product focused on the mini-collectibles market, and have moved from Minimates to these.

That, and there was talk that was (I believe) being passed on at the con circuit last year that DC was developing its' own in-house line of mini-figures. I don't believe there's a quote from Georg Brewer confirming that, though.

• 2 months later...