UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who Wants Rangers?

So it surprises me how few people have thought of how awesome it would be to create Power Ranger minimates. As far-fetched as it is, it would still be one cool series. Personally I've been working on matifying as many as possible (drawing them, I can't customize worth anything) and was wondering how many other like minds there are out there. Working on uploading my drawings to share but my technological situation is currently not the best (plus I hate technology in general) so yeah, let's just open up the floor to the Ranger talk now!

Dear God NO!

Power Rangers are one of those things I neither "get" or have any interest in understanding!

Stupid people in tight lycra and silly masks playing ninja badly is not something that should be encouraged!

T.

Well I've got an 8 year old and a three year old that would make happy.

Logistically... dear Lord. What, one wave per series for 10 plus series? What do you do for the years they've had more than 6 Rangers? And that's happened at least twice the the last 7 series.

Which really is all I know, from Ninja Storm up to the current, oddly post-apocolyptic, RPM. Didn't pay any attention to these guys until my friends and I started having kids. But I would imagine we have members here that grew up with them and have the same blind-eye remembrance of them I have for Space Giants and Ultra Man.

I am not a Power Rangers fan, but I think the Minimate format sure would be a perfect fit for the fan base and they'd look pretty cool, too.

Dear God NO!

Power Rangers are one of those things I neither "get" or have any interest in understanding!

Stupid people in tight lycra and silly masks playing ninja badly is not something that should be encouraged!

T.

I guess we have the Japanese to blame for this ludicrously prolific trend, eh? Crazy Japanese.

I'm not exactly a diehard fan: I grew up watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (the first series) and didn't really jump back on the wagon until Ninja Storm. I agree that Power Rangers are one of those licenses that seem tailor-made for the Minimate format (well... not counting their giant mechas/Zords). In addition to the themed costumes there are also all the neat weapons and wacky villains... I imagine that if DST ever gets this license then they could milk it for all its worth just about as long as they have the Marvel line.

Edited by NorthRaider

I don't know if it would work, I mean they have a monster-a-day thing going on like Sailor Moon (which is also Super Sentai). I guess Lord Zedd, Rita, her brother, Goldar and that those two other guys would be good enough for villains.

Would probably sell, but I hope it never happens. No Power Rangers, no Yugi-O, no Pokeman, none of that. Ever. . .well, that is, unless DST uses the profits to produce more awesome Minimates stuff for adult collectors. But even then, that opens a door that should probably remain closed.

Edited by karamazov80

Now being a fan of the original series, I think it would be a great idea

Only if they make megazords in which a ranger minimate can be placed in, and make giant monster to fight them,

but even that sounds crazy!

All I would want is the original Red Ranger with sword and blaster gun and the original Green Ranger with the dragon dagger and sword of darkness. Throw in a couple of morphers too. Man, imagine a minimate morpher! Once done with those two, the line can end.

No. Just no. Unless there was ever the Kang-ranger that i somehow missed as a kid, there should be nothing to associate the words "Power" "Ranger" "Minimate" other than "Kang, the ultimate ranger of power is now a Minimate." And i will jump for joy the day that comes. And eat burning lead via a pistol the day these come.

NOTE: If thse do ever come (glares at Matt'n'Chuck) i will not be killing myself. Sorry, there's goes BHM's dinner-and-a-show. :P

But I have to mention the door it would open since the Rangers are now owned by Disney.....

Uuhhhhh...

.... since when did something being owned by Disney give it better chances of getting Minimated again? :confused:

wow, bunch more haters out there than I expected... I ain't givin up tho so HA! But I have to mention the door it would open since the Rangers are now owned by Disney.....

I'm confused I thought you were in the "For" camp...

Mickey Mouse can kiss my animated shorts!

T.

But I have to mention the door it would open since the Rangers are now owned by Disney.....

Uuhhhhh...

.... since when did something being owned by Disney give it better chances of getting Minimated again? :confused:

Yeah, I'd sooner want Pirates of the Caribbean mates than MMPR...........

I'd be all for the originals and jump ship after that, myself. But they would indeed work well with the style, and could have their helmets as separate masks so there'd be faces under there (plus, for once, the slight "big-head" effect would be entirely appropriate). Like I said, though, my nostalgia would only make me buy the first team, and I'd be done after that, so they'd have to get the kids hooked to keep it going.

Love to see your drawn renditions if you can post them.

wow, bunch more haters out there than I expected... I ain't givin up tho so HA! But I have to mention the door it would open since the Rangers are now owned by Disney.....

I'm confused I thought you were in the "For" camp...

Mickey Mouse can kiss my animated shorts!

T.

:D

I'm not anti-Disney (or even Uncle Ben) but there is one Disney character that I just detest (U know who).......I guess we all have one?

Power Rangers. I can't really comment properly because....well I can't really relate to it . Are they still popular with kids now....real kids not kids like me & many of us here? I have learned from my DSS,Chef Duff lessons...don't knock it until you've seen it.

Difficulties with Disney notwithstanding, these could be pretty cool. I have fond memories of watching the original series but not much beyond that. I wouldn't chase after them [beyond one wave with all the original-series ones -- three 2-packs, with the White Ranger as a variant] but I wouldn't begrudge their existence, which would be ridiculous. it could actually be pretty cool -- bodies are essentially blanks painted up in the standard color code, with the only sculpted biutys being removable helmets and spare civilian hairpieces, and either an individual Power Blaster component weapon [and the Dragon Dagger/Saba] or just one Blade Blaster mold used multiple times to save on sculpted bits.

I mean, I was half anticipating a general apathy toward them from here but the negativity is a bit much. It's Power Rangers, which is essentially down the block a little from the also-in-spandex superheroes we currently go nuts over. Plus, in Minimate format, it's minus all of the bad faux martial arts shrieking.

It's not like their possible presence would take away slots for the Minimates/lines that people already collect, which I'm pretty sure is not how it works. the existence of a Red Ranger doesn't mean you won't get a Kang as a result, TTF, and I'm not sure where one would even get that idea.

I'd be all for an opportunity to let minimates cater to varied target audiences -- they've got a good deal of stuff for comic fans and movie buffs, and had/have stuff for the sci-fi crowd; it'd be helpful for the brand's exposure to have something for a younger audience [and/or play to 90s nostalgia, which is inevitable].

So yeah, while not exactly something that's likely to happen, it'd be a welcome thing to me -- while I don't think it has the potential to go through all the Ranger generations, I would definitely snap up a pack or wave of the MMPR ones. Or, if their character selection logic is as weird as the one employed for the Super Legends video game, just an original Green/White Ranger.

Edited by lastmaximal

It's not like their possible presence would take away slots for the Minimates/lines that people already collect, which I'm pretty sure is not how it works. the existence of a Red Ranger doesn't mean you won't get a Kang as a result, TTF, and I'm not sure where one would even get that idea.

Green Ranger.

Maximal...it was a joke. I was adding to the Kang-want. Calm yourself, my child. <_<

And i take back PART of what i said. I remember only ever liking Green Ranger, because green is the best color ever created :P, and would MAYBE buy him...and whoever happened to be packed with him.

[shrug] It's difficult to tell something's a joke, since this is almost always text without the context of voice and facial expressions [it doesn't help that while the Kang-want was -- I can see now -- deliberately overdone, that's not entirely different from many other times you've posted about something :D ] anyway, yeah, I'll say for the record that I want a Kang too.