UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GIJOE Minimates

I would love for Art Asylum and DST to do GIJOE minimates.

With the live action movie coming out this year and Hasbro just recently celebrating the 3-3/4 line's 25th anniversary. Now would be a great time to do Joe mates.

What do you guys think?

Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow 2-pack

Duke / Cobra Commander 2-pack

Scarlett / Baroness

Gung Ho / Destro

so many possibilities.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I wouldn't go all out with the major characters like that in wave 1. My personal choice would be:

Destro/Gung Ho

Flint/Firefly

visor Snake Eyes/Cobra Trooper

variant pack:

parka, 1989 version, Resolute, battle damaged, or ninja training Snake Eyes/Cobra Trooper

You couldn't have a first wave without Snake Eyes, but I would hold off on Duke, Storm Shadow, the other major Snake Eyes variant (goggled), and Cobra Commander for later--always leave them wanting more, you know?

Edited by karamazov80

This has been a long time thing, WAY back before AA were owned by DST there was talk of this, sadly Harbro isn't going to give up licensing on one of it's cash cows :(

I'm sure Nervous has better stories to tell on this subject!

T.

Still fun to speculate on.

Wave 2:

Duke/Lady Jaye

Serpentor/Roadblock

Storm Shadow/Cobra Eels

variant:

good guy/hooded Storm Shadow/Cobra Eels

Wave 3:

Goggled Snake Eyes/Scarlett

Zartan/Shipwreck

General Hawk/Crimson Guard

variant:

pre-General Hawk/Crimson Guard

Wave 4:

Beachhead/Baroness

Tomax/Xamot

Cobra Commander (helmet)/Snow Serpent

variant:

Cobra Commander (hooded)/Snow Serpent

Wave 5:

Blowtorch/Major Bludd

Snow Job/Buzzer

Torpedo/Viper

variant:

Wet Suit/Viper

How amazing would these be?

Still fun to speculate on.

How amazing would these be?

Agreed and I think these would make awesome minimates and I'm not really into GI JOE.

They seem to hit the colorful character hotspot that makes the the marvel figures work so well IMO.

T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would LOVE to have GI Joe minimate, I would want them to be waves without variants though, just give us more characters. There are so many different ones to choose from that it would be easy to do this. My dream wave it all I could get was one wave would be

Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow

Gung Ho/Destro

Cobra Commander/Scarlett

Alley Viper/Heat Viper

These were simply my favorite ones as a kid (except Scarlet I didn't have her as a kid but she would definitely need to be included here). I know this is heavy on the badguys but they simply look cooler.

I saw the Rhino vehicle for the 3 3/4" figs in one of the print ads in the newspaper today - does anyone think it looks like a rip-off of the Aliens APC?

Either way - if there was a vehicle made, besides the Ecto 1 or BTTF DeLorean, I'd say something like this would be at the top of my minimate list (though I'd much prefer the Aliens variation w/o the corny, detachable helicopter.)

The most iconic vehicles are, to me, some of the Cobra vehicles. Specifically the HISS Tank, Rattler and Trouble Bubbles. But a VAMP, Skyhawk, Dragonfly, or Sky Striker would also be cool in Minimate form. I would just hope that they wouldn't be "super deformed" like the BSG stuff.

I don't think anyone needs to guess my feeling on these, lol...I love all your wave choices Karamazov.

off the top of my headmy top 3 5 (too hard to do top 3) from each side would be.not necessarily in the same wave, but spread out over waves.

GI Joe:

-Duke

-Gung-Ho (Dress Blues Variant)

-Airborne

-Wetsuit

-Starduster

Cobra:

-Firefly

-Major Bludd

-Destro

-Cobra Viper

-Cobra Eel

man this is hard, I wanna list everybody, lol

hopefully I'll have time to start customizing again, I have a ton of ideas I wanna do.

I think that Luke's Toy Store should carry an "American Hero" (to avoid legal action) series of decals designed by Nervous. If you guys havenn't seen his customs, go find that thread!

Hey HD, thanks for the props... I think now that my life has calmed down after a very wild hectic last 12 months, I think i'd be really into doing something like that. At this point, I don't know when I can get back into doing full on customs, but designs may be a nice alternative (and let everyone else do the hard part, lol). Of course, we'd have to see what Luke thinks about this :biggrin:

You wouldn't have licensing issues creating "army infantryman," "masked terrorist soldier," "Navy SEAL commando," "disco fanatic with facial bone damage requiring protective metal mask," and "black ninja with vision sensitivity requiring shades," can you?

• 3 months later...

speaking as a GIJOE fan, it would be fantastic to see G.I.JOE Minimates, I also couldn't agree more about the wave selection and the fact the Joe Film Rise of Cobra has been out. You only have to look at the other products that have been released with GIJOE brand to see that GIJOE minimates would work.

The cool thing about this would be that other GIJOE fans might also then buy into a Minimate collection, having seen a Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow two pack, they might of seen a Ryu/Akuma one and wanted to see Ryu Vs Snake Eyes :biggrin:

Anyway I'm just waffling, maybe a deal could be struck between the manufacturers, between Art Asylum or DST and Hasbro. If they were that worried about sales figures they could make it online only pre-order or something, I'd be well up for getting at least 5 waves of GIJOE Minimates. I also have to agree on the Army Building Potential... you could have Vipers, Cobra's and BAT Minimate sets in packs or 4 or 5. Now that would be Awesome :)

You wouldn't have licensing issues creating "army infantryman," "masked terrorist soldier," "Navy SEAL commando," "disco fanatic with facial bone damage requiring protective metal mask," and "black ninja with vision sensitivity requiring shades," can you?

:) hi, I think i saw your name on the forums at Yojoe a few times, aren't you the guy with the macho man randy savage avatar? B)

Hello Urban Saboteur, and welcome! Yep, that's me. Unfortunately, my interest in Joes has waned a bit since Rise of Cobra and all the associated nonsense, so I don't find myself visiting Yojoe or Hisstank very much anymore. My only real Joe interests right now are the Sideshow toys, and there isn't much interest on either of those sites over those dollies.

Have you seen the Sideshow Firefly? Based on your username, I'm curious to hear your perspective.

Hello Urban Saboteur, and welcome! Yep, that's me. Unfortunately, my interest in Joes has waned a bit since Rise of Cobra and all the associated nonsense, so I don't find myself visiting Yojoe or Hisstank very much anymore. My only real Joe interests right now are the Sideshow toys, and there isn't much interest on either of those sites over those dollies.

Have you seen the Sideshow Firefly? Based on your username, I'm curious to hear your perspective.

Yeah!

I know what you mean, I've spoken to 5 different people on MSN this week and most of them have lapsed their collection since the rise of cobra movie, some of my mates in the UK are finding it difficult getting new product in here in England, and they dont want to be spiked on shipping prices, as far as I can tell the US is about 3 waves or so in front of the UK. :(

I didnt go into collecting ROC toys as much, I only picked up the Steel Crusher APV (Love to see one of these in Minimate form to go with a cobra set) :biggrin:

My friend sent me images on msn the other day of the Sideshow Firefly, I've always liked their work. If i'd of ever custom built my own articulated ACTION MAN/GIJOE based on the character I reckon it would of looked something like that. :blush: In terms of actual collecting of Action Figures i've never gone above the 6" scale really, I stopped Collecting the HML line a while back and referred back to GIJOE. I've stopped collecting GIJOE and now I'm onto Minimates. :biggrin: I actually am Stumped and amazed at the 14 POA that you can fit into such a miniscule little figure.... its awesome! Added you as a friend here on this forum, hope you dont mind. :blush:

Not at all, though I didn't get a message about it, and have nothing listed in my "pending friends" list. I've never tried to use this function before, so I don't know how this is supposed to work.

The articulation in the scale really is impressive with the Minimates. There is a guy here named "customizer" who actually added a swivel bicep to Minimates, to be more like GI Joes:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ic=5017&hl=