UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 30 control art at Minimate Headquarters!

NorthRaider

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god!!!!!, They're beautiful!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Seconded!! Sweet Jesus, no i officially want this wave in it's entirety!! This is the first wave to house all Spider-characters that i have said "oh my God this is gorgeous" to. At least in a loooooooooong time!! Woohoo for DST for giving us the ultimate Spidey wave!!

Some key points:

I figured they'd use PG's hair for SG. It totally works.

HoM Spidey has never looked better, which is awsome considering he was the one we all hated with a passion.

Thank God they made Insulated a darker blue. I was getting worried; primary looked awful on him.

Electro's mask looks a little too thick to me.

Scorpion just rocks hard; excellent example of pre-Venomed Mac.

Vault Guard looks cool, especially with twin barrel-guns instead of rocket blasters, but i feel like both greens need to be a lot lighter.

After looking at Wave 29's protos, this sadly has blown them out of the water!! :(

(Although I do know that brother Karamazov is totally in love with HoM Spidey's new mask...)

Well, the hidden mask underneath "insulated" Spidey, anyway ;) Am I the only one that sees this (avatar) as such a thing of beauty? Perfection.

Can't wait to get that Electro and Scorpion, btw.

Now all we need is lizard and vulture. They could have a helmet with a snout attached to it and under the helmet a curt Connors head .And for vulture the wings attached to the arm like Captain Marvel but shaped like feathers.

Pretty cool.

May is somehow darker than I thought she'd be. Time to sit back and see who offeres the best pre-order deal.

Hmm. Well now I only want Electro and Scorpion out of this officially.

And Ultimate SW. But as her pic has yet to surface, jusgment shall be reserved.

See i am not the only one who spells things wrong. I think he ment judgment.

I did.

Damn it, I've had a long day. Relay screws with your sleep patterns really well.

Did you say jugsment? :blink:

Actually jugsment would make sence as its a female minimate and they are usually depicted with big how you adults say "jugs"

I only want scorpion, Electro and the Vault guard from the set. I have no intrest in the others at alll. It reminds me of the early days with way to many lame spideys padding things. At least it's better than kissyface spidey. Even tho i'm spidey'ed out i actually liked all the spideys that came with the last spidey wave. The red and blue became my new default spidey, and the the symbiote spidey i never had.. well a non battle damaged version. And cosmic spidey i just consider captain universe. I'm tempted to cut out the little red face webing to make it more accurate to being "regular" captain universe.

Anyway the only spidey i kinda like is the electro suit one, i have o intrest in spider-girl and i only collect classic 616 minimates so i don't need HOM stuff or ultimate stuff.

On to the good stuff

Scorpion, just about perfect, i was curious how they'd make his tail, now i'd like to see how they'll do the lizards tail.

Electro, another simply awesome figure.

Vault Gaurd is not something at the top of my wish lists but after seeing him he looks great, i'm down with getting him. I got no qaulms with him characterwise. I think i'd like to have 3 of him. I'd have two without the shoulder armor, then one with it.

Edited by Ray

Hmm...i just got to thinking. Maybe the lack of a Spider-woman is DST's way of telling us that this will be available at TRU. I mean, it's a stretch and all, but it is another Spidey-wave with the lack of a variant in the proto-pics. Just a hunch.

Personally, i'd buy it at TRU. Especially if it popped up online. Then i have easy access to ten Vault Guards. :P

So, when is the Prototype for USW due???

Also - what is jutting out of Scorpions belt-line & do we think it will be corrected before the final product is released? Or is it meant to be like that?

It's probably sticking out there because it's a prototype, cut em some slack XD It will most likely be similar to Nightcrawler's belt/tail and Archangel's wings. It would never look good if it was bigger than the chest piece, so it will probably between the size of the pelvis and the chest block.

Considering this seems to be a Spider-man themed set, I'm actually quite impressed. Scorpion, Shocker and Vault Guard are amazing!

Can't wait to get them. :)

Wow! I must be really slow. I just noticed this pic for the first time, right this minute. The villains look great, but the Spider-Men and Guardsman are just "meh!" Looks like they reused Power Girl's hair piece for May. I wonder if there is a pic of wave 29 floating around out there in cyberspace?

He actually meant judgment.

you beat me to that one =/

by over 24 hours.

haha. well played sir.

the concept art looks pretty good all around in wave 30. wave 29 is actually a bit of a bummer, wolverine looks a bit dopey in the prototype, and black panther and moonknight's capes look a little bulky. meh, hopefully they'll fix it =)