UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Villains

So the current score for minimate villains compared to heroes is grim. Just figured I'd bring up my top ten X-Men villains I'd love to see transformed into mates. I have a soft spot for the X-Men since I grew up w/ the 90's TV show.

1. Pyro

2. Mr Sinister

3. Avalanche

4. Toad

5. Omega Red

6. Powerhouse Juggernaut

7. Black Tom

8. Hellfire Club

9. Different outfit Mystiques

10. Sauron

Feel free to add to the list and discuss who'd be better as a mini.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from Freedom Force, Hellfire Club, and Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (must have an updated Juggernaut w/powerhouse piece), I would also like to see Mimic, Arcade, some 2-inch Sentinels, Reavers, Marauders, Mojo, and Proteus.

Mimic would be cool (especially if we could get an Exiles version of the character as a variant-- Proteus or normal). I'd also love to have the Hellfire Club in mate form. :)

Mystique's long overdue for a revamp, too. If we could get the leather outfit, that would be awesome!

In a perfect world we'd get an Avalanche/Pyro two-pack in the next wave.

Amen to that. Here's to hoping next up is an X-Wave w/ some good villains.

Apart from Freedom Force, Hellfire Club, and Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (must have an updated Juggernaut w/powerhouse piece), I would also like to see Mimic, Arcade, some 2-inch Sentinels, Reavers, Marauders, Mojo, and Proteus.

Dang. Forgot how many good badguys (so to speak) there are out there, maybe top ten wasn't enough. But for the Sentinels couldn't we also get Bastion, Nimrod, and Human Sentinels?

As as Avengers fan, I'm not sure what the X-Fans are complaining about.

We've got 3 Avengers villians so far, (Loki, Ultron, Taskmaster) with only one more on the way. (Moonstone) And only one of them is an "Avengers only" villain, (Ultron) the rest are borrowed from members' rogues galleries. And then there's Taskmaster, who qualifies as the Avengers villain everyone else has fought. Radioactive Man and Absorbing Man are Thor villains with a history of taking on the Avengers. Scorpion and Shocker were both briefly members of the third Masters of Evil (they were really hurting for members that lineup) And Rhino and Electro once fought the team together. And really, with the exception of Sinister or Apocalypse, they've fought everybody at least once.

But Really we've got Ultron, Loki, Taskmaster, and Moonstone that could be considered primarily Avengers villains. That's it.

33 different Avengers members made or announced. (counting each character only once) 4 bad guys.

Just for the curious-

Ant-Man/Giant Man, Beast, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America (Barnes), Captain America (Rogers), Dr. Strange, Firestar, Hawkeye/Ronin, Hercules, Human Torch (Hammond), Hulk, Iron Fist, Iron Man , Ms. Marvel, Namor, Power Man, Quicksilver , Scarlet Witch, Sentry, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman I, Spider-Woman II, Thor,

Thor II, US Agent, Vision, Vision 2.0, War Machine (Rhodes), Wasp, Wonder Man

and Wolverine (who I keeping trying and tring to forget is now on the team)

Edited by Mirymate

As I posted elsewhere, I think it is a bit unfortunate that both X-Men and Avengers villains are in pretty short supply relative to Spidey's foes, but at the same time, I understand it. It seems largely to be the fact that the enemies we haven't already got are, for the most part, only known to comic fans. Spidey's villains are basic-looking, iconic, familiar foes that all of us probably knew about as kids. They are in cartoons and now, movies. Kang? Baron Zemo? Black King? Most of us probably know who they are, but they are by no means well-known outside of the comic collecting community, and honestly, they aren't as intrinsically cool looking as a guy with an electricity mask, or a lion vest, or a fish bowl on his head.

So the current score for minimate villains compared to heroes is grim. Just figured I'd bring up my top ten X-Men villains I'd love to see transformed into mates. I have a soft spot for the X-Men since I grew up w/ the 90's TV show.

1. Pyro

2. Mr Sinister

3. Avalanche

4. Toad

5. Omega Red

6. Powerhouse Juggernaut

7. Black Tom

8. Hellfire Club

9. Different outfit Mystiques

10. Sauron

Feel free to add to the list and discuss who'd be better as a mini.

I would drop the hellfire club lower on my list and the mystiques, and add Arcade, Proteus, and Mastermind. Sauron would definately be higher. Blob, deathbird, living monolith, silver samurai, stryfe (I know I know) and wendigo would be really cool too

As for avengers villains, Zola and Modok. Then, Zemo, Strucker, Mandarin, Grim Reaper, Whirlwind, The Klaw, The Wreckers, Crimson Dynamo. Maybe not that order, except the first 2.

Edited by arnim zola

It's not as if any villain has a set hero they fight and no other. Say, Sabretooth is smashing up a bar and Spider-Man happens upon the scene. It's not as if they look at each other, then Spidey says "Terribly sorry to have bothered you," then leaves.

That being said, the heroes do outnumber the villains a bit. I just want to see more baddies across the board. I envision a world where mutant can team with mystic, strong arm can team with street thug, cosmic threat can team with common criminal. Where a hero can break the jaw of a villain without asking if he's a Master of Evil or an Evil Mutant. That is my dream.

There are several villains from across the board that I'm surprised we haven't gotten. We're 30 waves in and we haven't gotten a Mandarin or a Pyro mate? I think both of these guys, among others, are as familiar to kids as Electro or Sabretooth or whoever else we've gotten

I was just thinking about this too.

They could do a Pyro/Avalanche 2-pack like someone mentioned. Also the Blob / Mystique (her modern look since they've already released a classic look.

A Hellfire club 4-pack with Donald Pierce, Red Queen, Jason Wyngarde (Mastermind) and Sebastian Shaw.

On the topic of the X-men. I think they should do a Banshee / Sunfire set since those are the only two missing from the Giant Size X-men team.

There are several villains from across the board that I'm surprised we haven't gotten. We're 30 waves in and we haven't gotten a Mandarin or a Pyro mate? I think both of these guys, among others, are as familiar to kids as Electro or Sabretooth or whoever else we've gotten

Not really.

Mandarin hasn't been seen in a cartoon in a comics accurate form since the Iron Man cartoon of the early 80's. Not that most would call that whole thing accurate, but compared to the version appearing in the new Nicktoons show its spot on. I certianly would not have picked the new one out of a lineup as the Mandarin.

Pyro is different. Do kids know him from the X-movies? Sure. Do they recognise him as the guy in the orange and red costume and big red goggles? Not really. Put Nitro's fire hand and Hydroman's hair on Marty Mcfly in Disguise and that they might recognise as Pyro. And he hasn't appeared in costume in the newest X-Men cartoon either.

On the other hand, Electro was in a couple of episodes of Spectacular Spider Man. The look was very different, but the lightning around the head, and general color scheme was the same. And Sabretooth is very memorible from the first movie, even before the current one came out.

Alright, so my top 10 X-Villains that i'd like to see would be (roughly in order of personal craving):

Mr Sinister

Pyro

Spiral

Deathbird

Stryfe

Omega Red

Holocaust

Nimrod

Malice (Possessed Polaris)

Fitzroy

So - these arent' the best X-Villains fo all time, but i think they walk the line between being classic bad guys or being something that would loook hella-cool as a 'Mate. Fitzroy isn't a major player, but he has green hair & crystal armour that wouls look awesome in MiniMate form.

Pyro is different. Do kids know him from the X-movies? Sure. Do they recognise him as the guy in the orange and red costume and big red goggles? Not really. Put Nitro's fire hand and Hydroman's hair on Marty Mcfly in Disguise and that they might recognise as Pyro. And he hasn't appeared in costume in the newest X-Men cartoon either.

On the other hand, Electro was in a couple of episodes of Spectacular Spider Man. The look was very different, but the lightning around the head, and general color scheme was the same. And Sabretooth is very memorible from the first movie, even before the current one came out.

Not to be a jerk, but i'm pretty sure the Red & Yellow goggled Pyro appeared in the original X-Men animated series from the 90's. He also featured in the 2nd and 3rd series of X-Men Evolution with a similar, although slightly modernised costume. He also appeared in similar costumes in X-Men Legends & X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. There was also a recent Marvel Legends figure of him in his classic costume, as well as a Superhero Squad version in the same garb.. For anyone who has history with the X-Men, i think he's pretty recognisable. Maybe not as recognisable as Sabretooth - but i'd recognise him before i recognised The Leader (Hulk), Ultron (Avengers) or Lady Deathstrike (X-Men).

As I posted elsewhere, I think it is a bit unfortunate that both X-Men and Avengers villains are in pretty short supply relative to Spidey's foes, but at the same time, I understand it. It seems largely to be the fact that the enemies we haven't already got are, for the most part, only known to comic fans. Spidey's villains are basic-looking, iconic, familiar foes that all of us probably knew about as kids. They are in cartoons and now, movies. Kang? Baron Zemo? Black King? Most of us probably know who they are, but they are by no means well-known outside of the comic collecting community, and honestly, they aren't as intrinsically cool looking as a guy with an electricity mask, or a lion vest, or a fish bowl on his head.

While that's a very good point, there's Wolverine and the X-Men that has plenty of villains. TBH I didn't know about Nitro until I watched that particular episode XD If we get Sinister I hope they have a goatee on one side and clean shaven on the other (thus merging the classic and modern look).

Not to be a jerk, but i'm pretty sure the Red & Yellow goggled Pyro appeared in the original X-Men animated series from the 90's. He also featured in the 2nd and 3rd series of X-Men Evolution with a similar, although slightly modernised costume. He also appeared in similar costumes in X-Men Legends & X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. There was also a recent Marvel Legends figure of him in his classic costume, as well as a Superhero Squad version in the same garb.. For anyone who has history with the X-Men, i think he's pretty recognisable. Maybe not as recognisable as Sabretooth - but i'd recognise him before i recognised The Leader (Hulk), Ultron (Avengers) or Lady Deathstrike (X-Men).

True Pyro has been featured in X-men Evolution AND Wolverine and the X-Men in something close to his classic costume so the classic would work.

Not taking as such, Nathaniel. The 90's cartoon is, well, at least a decade old. It's been in soradic reruns since. Evolution did have the goggles, but a very different costume. (had a lot of grey IIRC) It too is at least 5 years gone. And I haven't seen it in reruns. When you're talking kids, you're hitting about 7 to 12 for this kind of toy. And that's what blizzerd mentioned was kids. So most of them were either too young or not around for those shows. Now there was a the SUper Hero squad and the video game and that helps Pryo more than anything else. But I can only speak for the kids in that age range I know. And over half of them are like my kid, and the sons of recovering comics nerds. And even in that group, I'd say only about half would pick Pryo in costume out of a lineup of other fire themed characters. All that said, kid recognition is obviously not the by all and end all of minimate selection. We've made it to wave 30 as mostly a small scale collector focused line. Given that, it is surprising that Mandarin, Pryo, or yes Kang have not been made. Now as MM's have re-entered the mass market in TRU, kid appeal may re-enter the equation.

I'm not knockin Pyro, fellas. I'd love to see one made. But I dispute the notion he's at least recognisable as Sabretooth to most kids in the suit most of us think of him in. That's all.

For anyone who has history with the X-Men, i think he's pretty recognisable. Maybe not as recognisable as Sabretooth - but i'd recognise him before i recognised The Leader (Hulk), Ultron (Avengers) or Lady Deathstrike (X-Men).

Not taking as such, Nathaniel. The 90's cartoon is, well, at least a decade old. It's been in soradic reruns since. Evolution did have the goggles, but a very different costume. (had a lot of grey IIRC) It too is at least 5 years gone. And I haven't seen it in reruns. When you're talking kids, you're hitting about 7 to 12 for this kind of toy. And that's what blizzerd mentioned was kids. So most of them were either too young or not around for those shows. Now there was a the SUper Hero squad and the video game and that helps Pryo more than anything else. But I can only speak for the kids in that age range I know. And over half of them are like my kid, and the sons of recovering comics nerds. And even in that group, I'd say only about half would pick Pryo in costume out of a lineup of other fire themed characters. All that said, kid recognition is obviously not the by all and end all of minimate selection. We've made it to wave 30 as mostly a small scale collector focused line. Given that, it is surprising that Mandarin, Pryo, or yes Kang have not been made. Now as MM's have re-entered the mass market in TRU, kid appeal may re-enter the equation.

I'm not knockin Pyro, fellas. I'd love to see one made. But I dispute the notion he's at least recognisable as Sabretooth to most kids in the suit most of us think of him in. That's all.

I agree that Pyro's not as recognisable as Sabretooth - but in fairness Sabretooth hasn't worn his Jim Lee costume for close to 10 years - or his FA costume for about 20years (Which are the costumes we are getting in MiniMate form). Pyro may not be a big hitter like Sabretooth, but when i see us getting LESS recognisable (as far as kids tv goes) chacaters like Lady D, Thanos, Bullseye, Leader etc . . . who aren't really Kids TV characters - i get confused as to how the 'Recogniseable = Marketable' argument works.

I'll admit - i'm pretty biased towards X-Villains cause i grew up with them, but Pyro has been one of the cool X-Men bad guys for a years & his look has been fairly consistent:

post-2737-1242272241_thumb.png

Classic Look featured in X-Men Animated

post-2737-1242272110_thumb.jpg

Updated X-Men Evolution

post-2737-1242272100_thumb.png

Current Wolverine & The X-Men Pyro

I agree that Pyro's not as recognisable as Sabretooth - but in fairness Sabretooth hasn't worn his Jim Lee costume for close to 10 years - or his FA costume for about 20years (Which are the costumes we are getting in MiniMate form). Pyro may not be a big hitter like Sabretooth, but when i see us getting LESS recognisable (as far as kids tv goes) chacaters like Lady D, Thanos, Bullseye, Leader etc . . . who aren't really Kids TV characters - i get confused as to how the 'Recogniseable = Marketable' argument works.

I'll admit - i'm pretty biased towards X-Villains cause i grew up with them, but Pyro has been one of the cool X-Men bad guys for a years & his look has been fairly consistent:

Okay. Let me say this again. I am not trying knock Pyro. I was just disputing the claim that Pyro and the Mandarin are as recognizable to kids as Sabretooth and Electro. It was not my intention to say that this somehow disqualified Pyro from getting a minimate. There's a generation of comics book geeks that have no idea who Mariko is but we got a mate of her. Yes, Pyro is as recognizable as Lady D, Leader, or Thanos as far as kids go, and they got mates. Heck Thanos is nihilistic Death worshiper, and he got a mate. (although try explaining nihilism to an 8 year sometime)

Just FYI, he hasn't appeared in costume yet. He was in the first episode out of costume, but hasn't appeared since. Or let me add the qualifier- If he has, my DVR skipped the episode for some reason and my boys are going to kill me.

Okay. Let me say this again. I am not trying knock Pyro. I was just disputing the claim that Pyro and the Mandarin are as recognizable to kids as Sabretooth and Electro. It was not my intention to say that this somehow disqualified Pyro from getting a minimate. There's a generation of comics book geeks that have no idea who Mariko is but we got a mate of her. Yes, Pyro is as recognizable as Lady D, Leader, or Thanos as far as kids go, and they got mates. Heck Thanos is nihilistic Death worshiper, and he got a mate. (although try explaining nihilism to an 8 year sometime)

Just FYI, he hasn't appeared in costume yet. He was in the first episode out of costume, but hasn't appeared since. Or let me add the qualifier- If he has, my DVR skipped the episode for some reason and my boys are going to kill me.

Actually he has, in later episodes after his brief appearance he's once again Magneto's lackey and helps to capture Nightcrawler. So unfortunately your DVR skipped or the TV schedule messed up the episodes, they tend to do that.

Actually he has, in later episodes after his brief appearance he's once again Magneto's lackey and helps to capture Nightcrawler. So unfortunately your DVR skipped or the TV schedule messed up the episodes, they tend to do that.

Okay, does that fall before or after the one with Nitro (which is the last one I have). Blasted Tivo. And it's set for reruns and first runs and hasn't picked it up. Boys are gonna be ticked... if I tell them. :blush: My bad, Essex.

You know, this arguement about characters being recognized by kids and stuff... Does it really apply that much in Minimates? I mean, are there a lot of kids that collect the line versus collectors?

TRU is really the only place that sells them in limited quantities and everything else is comic store or online or special events like SDCC that they are sold at.

Target had them briefly, but I hardly recall them having them very long either.

Really though, I just don't picture a lot of kids collecting the line versus stuff like Marvel Universe or something that is sold in all stores that sell toys. Minimates are more collectors' stuff or kinda like collecting Mighty Muggs.

So I'm just curious on that. I mean, I can assume that maybe AA/DST thinks in the way of some things like a Spider-Man themed wave is to appeal to kids maybe it's true. I'm just wondering if kids really do collect Minimates.

For me, my first X-Men exposure was the 90s toon, and I watched X-Men Evolution too. I can't watch the newest toon as I don't have in on any channel, but I also recall a lot of X-related characters were also in the recent X-Men Legends video games too. SO I became familiar with a lot of characters even if they only appeared briefly in some episodes or if at all. (Iceman in only ONE episode of 90s X-Men!?)

The Brotherhood of Mutants best lineup to me was always...even if not all together at any point in the comics and stuff...

Magneto

Avalanche

Pyro

Blob

Mastermind

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

Toad

Other villains from X-Men villains worthy of a Minimate would be...

Mr. Sinister

Nimrod

Abyss

Calypso (and the Morlocks)

the Reavers

Juggernaut (powerhouse chest)

Sauron

Spiral

Edited by MST3KFan

And I dream of a world with arnim zola, stilt man, and devil dinosaur, So yeah. Didnt DST say something like, there is a possibility of a stilt man?

Devil needs a Moonboy! :) I'd be all over that, too. Same with, well, Arnim Zola and Stilt Man.

My honest to gosh, most wished for minimate that I know won't be made is the Crime Master. Remember him?

Anyway, as for X-villains I think it's a shame that they, Avengers, and FF are lacking while Spidey is thriving. I mean, I'm glad we have Spidey villains. I just wish we could get more villains for everybody else.

A Sauron minimate sounds delightful.