More Pics of DC Minimates

HelloMate

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we can expect the quality to be on par with John Stewart...

The tampo print process used in production just makes everything look so much better!

T.

I think I ought to point out that I was looking at the protos while at work, and had forgotten that the resolution on my work monitor sucks! I mean seriously, It even makes me look bad in photos and I'm the prettiest bastard on the planet! B)

So yeah, I'm sure the tampo detailing is going to be perfect on the production models. I remain to be convinced on the full face thing, Harley just looks wrong.

Saw the Penguin mate at WWC...he is slightly shorter than normal mates

That's good to hear. Makes me curious if there's a different body type for Penguin - could be useful for other short characters like the Guardians of the Universe.

Saw the Penguin mate at WWC...he is slightly shorter than normal mates

That would mean that DC was utilizing not only the 2" and 2.5" minimate bodies but a smaller version as well, possibly 1.75" or smaller even.

Can anyone else confirm this? And wouldn't that have shot the cost for the line through the roof?

I just checked the control art, I can't believe I didn't notice this before, but the Penguin is shorter!

th_MiniMates.jpg

Is this a new minimate body or did they employ a method of making him smaller akin to the shorter legs that Lego used?

Those look great!!! I'm really glad we are getting so many accesories--it's great! Blue Beetle, Deathstroke, and Ares look great. I'm fine with the over-the-face masks for Batman as long as long as they don't make his face look fat :rolleyes: I wish we could see the pic of the Penguin--it would be great if the Penguin is actually shorter than the normal one.

DC Minimates= lots of accesories, cool characters, lots of villains, GREAT

Marvel Minimates= not many accesories, re-issues( yes I'm talking to you wolverine!), not many villains at all, LOUSY

R.R.

Here is the pic

th_80073_TRS_1915_465lo.jpg

just click to enlarge

I had to change the url manually for this one cause when you click to enlarge you get robin

if posting the pic up is a big deal let me know or take it down

Interesting... rather than shorter legs it looks like he has modifed feet!

Look at the feet in the pic and the legs seem to go lower than the curved part of the foot.....

He might be 'slightly' shorter after all.

T.

Funny thing, I was in my local CBG's shop today and he said that wave 1 should hit August 30th according to his solicitation from Diamond-Preview(?). Can anyone confirm or deny this or give us a firm date yet?

Funny thing, I was in my local CBG's shop today and he said that wave 1 should hit August 30th according to his solicitation from Diamond-Preview(?). Can anyone confirm or deny this or give us a firm date yet?

That was the original date DCD gave, while there has been nothing official they were saying late Q4 at SDCC/WWC. As per usual with figures they tend not to be resolicited and just turn up at some point.

Man if they do come out at the end of august i would be so happy. Love Green Lantern and Green Arrow. and i dont think his hat and hairpiece are seperate. I think they are together.

Man if they do come out at the end of august i would be so happy. Love Green Lantern and Green Arrow. and i dont think his hat and hairpiece are seperate. I think they are together.

As much as I hate to say it, don't count on seeing them this month. IIRC one of the admin types over at the AA forum confirmed they were delayed.

Matter of fact, here's the thread: http://artasylum.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.0

IronCow: The Batman figures don't sport interchangeable heads. It's still a removeable mask, but this way you can get multiple expressions out of the same character. Both Batman figures (regular and Battle-damaged) will have a Bruce Wayne head underneath the mask, along with a hair piece for the Bruce head.

Guess that settles the Cowl/Head uncertainty