More Pics of DC Minimates

HelloMate

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oooh new pix, cool I haven't seen some of those before :)

the Damaged B & S are released in waves 2 & 3...

We know we're gonig to get variant supes and bats and I guess if they do battle damage early then we can hope for super cool variants in future ;)

T.

I didn't know that Deathstroke was getting a removable mask, I thought it was just painted on the actual head. But wow, a hairpiece and three accessories? DCD is spoiling us. You think they could have straightened Booster's helmet though <_<

Other than that they look great!

Dammit, DC mates are already heavy with accesories, and now full masks AND hair pieces for Deathstroke and BD Bats.

Poor Booster, he can't see straight and his only powers are flight, because the batteries that power his suit are in his wrist bands...

I wonder if Skeets is removable. Hope so.

Some nice pics there, I'll put this up on MMC's news page this evening.

My only small complaint is that the battle-damaged figures are not anywhere nearly damaged enough. I wanna see Supes with the S half torn off etc.

These still look very much like protos don't they? The paint apps are horrendous. Looks like some peoples questions about Batman have been answered. Full face slip over mask with another mask underneath. Curious that they've gone that route when the tooling for Batmans mask has been done before.

Hmm, I actually prefer these slightly BD'd ones over the Heavily BD'd ones from the Marvel line.

My thoughts:

- Curious to see how Penguin will look next to another Minimate. He should be a little shorter, but with that top hat, I'm afraid he may be too tall.

- Very impressed that Deathstroke comes with removeable helmet & hairpiece.

- Booster looks great. And it looks like Skeets is attached to that special piece Booster is wearing around his waist.

- Ares = very nice

- Beetle = very very nice - I was not expecting the bug-eye goggles.

- The only thing that bugs me is the fact that Batman's cowl is printed on, and doesn't have a cut-out for his mouth.

- The only thing that bugs me is the fact that Batman's cowl is printed on, and doesn't have a cut-out for his mouth.

Same here, and it looks the same for Harley Quinn too. I can't understand why they've opted for the slip over headpiece for Bats and Harley when Booster and Beetle both have cutaways? I still think we're looking at protos here. Some of them are nowhere near production quality, look at the paint apps on beetles boots and the thickness of the lines on some of the chest detailing. I'm still looking forward to DC mates, but warily.

Same here, and it looks the same for Harley Quinn too. I can't understand why they've opted for the slip over headpiece for Bats and Harley when Booster and Beetle both have cutaways? I still think we're looking at protos here. Some of them are nowhere near production quality, look at the paint apps on beetles boots and the thickness of the lines on some of the chest detailing. I'm still looking forward to DC mates, but warily.

Of Course they are Proto's, you'd be wetting yourself is someone did a custom that looked like these..:) and dont forget these have had to deal with 'show setup' handling so may ot be in thier prime.

BTW the whole Batman Full Mask thing isn't an issue if you see them in person, it looks great and gives the chance for a totally different expression underneath.

T.

Of Course they are Proto's, you'd be wetting yourself is someone did a custom that looked like these..:) and dont forget these have had to deal with 'show setup' handling so may ot be in thier prime.

BTW the whole Batman Full Mask thing isn't an issue if you see them in person, it looks great and gives the chance for a totally different expression underneath.

T.

Tim, there are people on this board whose customs are far superior (in my opinion) to those protos.

I'd be wetting myself if I did a custom that looked as good as them though. :P

Awesome. This is making the marvel line look more and more amature with each new picture. I love it. Here are my thoughts:

The Good:

ACCESSORIES!!

-Swords, Guns, Tridents, Arrows, Kryptonite, etc. This is what Minimates were missing. We new the figures were cool and the character selection was nice, but we have been missing accessories. I'm SO happy to see a nice set of accessories, I mean come on, we are getting GL's Lantern. Sweetness!!

Charater Design

-I love everything from the classic look of Robin and Joker to the Hush Look of Batman. DC/AA is taking extra good care of their mates and really filling the waves with a solid character line up.

Villians

-This is the OTHER thing we can say is missing from the Marvel Mates. Almost every pack includes a villain. Joker, Penguin, Ares, Deathstroke, Underwater Guy, Star Saphire, Killer Croc. Crap, that's almost more in the first 3 waves than Marvel has seen in 13.

Masks

-I, personally, love the printed on Masks for a few reasons. You can have different facial experssions under the mask. While Batman is looking very angry in the mask, he could have a suave smile under the mask. I honestly hope they continue this with any other full-mask character.

The Bad:

Masks

-OK, I know I just mentioned this, but here is the bad side. Lack of accessories. We've seen a hair piece for BD Batman. Now, maybe it's wishful thinking, but it would see, unless DC/AA are morons, they will do the same thing for regular Bats. That's awesome and I love it. However, what about Harley? We know from the animated series she is a really cute little blonde under the hat. So, is she going to come with a pale face and blonde hair? If so, this you can erase this "Bad". However, if she doesn't and she's just a face with no hair under her mask, that will be very bad.

Battle Damaged Figures

-I never thought I'd say this concerning Minimates, but DC needs to take a hint from Marvel. Battle Damaged Daredevil and Captain America are the bar. And Supes and Bats don't come anywhere close. I can still remember when I first opened my BD Daredevil. I was honestly taken back by how beaten he looked and just sat for a few minutes and admired the work on that figure. In contrast, it looks like Superman and Batman were on a sleep over at Wonder Woman's place and they all had a pillow fight. Seriously, I want to see "The Death of Superman" battle damaged, not "I Ran Through a Car Wash Superman".

The Ugly:

The WAIT !?!?!

-Seriously, with the possibility of these sets falling into Q4, it's going to be a long Q3. If I knew these were going to be released tomorrow, I'd go get in line right now. I love Minimates in every way, and I haven't looking forward to Mates this much since I picked up my Stealth Batwing. I'm just hoping we see some Speed Racer within the month, at least that will tied for over....for a while.

neo

Who is the guy with the axe & sword. Looks like a knight. I hate to sound so dumb, but I really ride on the short bus when it comes to DC sometimes. Hey, that sounds fun.

I ride the DC short bus!

I'm starting to warm up to the full head piece design. As other people mentioned if executed well, this could be a nice step forward. We'll just have to waitand see the finished product.

The protos look great though (IMO) even with the fingerprints visible in the paint. :)

Any one else see that Green Arrow's bow has a little clip for holding onto an arrow? :wub: