UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X3

AdyCarter

Did everyone catch the little sequence after the end credits?

I hate when I miss these. No, I didn't catch it. I was shuffled out by my sons who needed to hit the men's room.

I liked it. I'm a little stunned over the whole Cyclops & Prof. X thing, but figured the "cure" would not last. X4? Whatcha think?

If you're interested what happened was:

Moira went to check on the patient whom had no conciousness (the one from the ethics lesson earlier) it would appear Xavier moved his conciousness into that body as it spoke with his voice and knew Moira

The Cyc death suprised me, really didnt see that one coming. Hopefully X4 will happen, although I believe they are doing Wolverine next...

I just figured that Phoenix didn't really "kill" Cyc & X, but merely moved them into an alternate plane or something. She would have the power to re-assimilate Cyc & X's bodies if their consciousness' were not destroyed.

What the hell did I just say?

I just figured that Phoenix didn't really "kill" Cyc & X, but merely moved them into an alternate plane or something. She would have the power to re-assimilate Cyc & X's bodies if their consciousness' were not destroyed.

What the hell did I just say?

Me and the girls who work at my comic shop were just arguing over this yesterday and saying that since we didn't necessarily see Scott die he could still be alive. Heres what I think:

Jean takes off Scott's glasses playing a game with him but he ventures into the forest but doesn't realize ihes in the forest and starts to make out with a tree for several minutes until he realizes it's not Jean and is still stuck in their blind as a bat since Jean left him their. :P:rolleyes:

I seen it today, and i can't say I was impressed. For a movie that is supposed to be the last chapter, it sure had a lot of dangling plot lines. I hope the do an X4, but I doubt that will happen. So all in all, I was not impressed!

I liked the movie. I thought that it was a good end to the trilogy. The bit at the end was totally not worth sticking around for (I had it figured out by my mid-movie pee break). But there were enough little things in there that made the movie interesting for me:

- Fully iced-up Ice Man

- Collosus carrying the tv down the hall

- Kitty (She was LITTLE)

We know there won't be an X4, but a New Mutants movie would be sooo cool.

I usually stick around and read through some of the credits. I know a few guys in the biz and its cool to see their names. I also know that clips are snuck after the credits, so I try to be patient. However, in this case I had a 9 year old holding his pee-pee, so I couldn't wait.

First I'd like to say Hi to everyone. I didn't get an email you were all leaving so for the past 2 weeks I thought I was all alone in the world.....I missed you guys :)

Anyway, the movie was Good and Bad. I'm a huge comic fan, but I try not to let that interfer with a good movie. Much like X1 and X2 I took what I knew about the characters and just let the movie play out. Here are a few of my thoughts:

The Good:

-Anything with Pheonix in it. Sure, the story wasn't what I had hoped for, but the Effects were awesome and truly made her look like something to fear.

-Twists and Turns. Maybe I was the only one, but I didn't read anything about the movie going in on purpose. I like being suprise and this movie was full of them. Cyclops and Prof X. Iceman Icing Up. Shadowcat being Awesome. Mystique losing her power. Just to name of few........and oh yeah, don't forget about the ending...

-WOLVERINE. Wait, let me say it again, WOLVERINE. Hugh Jackman is Wolverine. I am still awe struck by how he has brought the character to life. No matter how lackluster a scene may be, when he walks in frame he puts the film in drive. If they ever made a X-man movie without Hugh it will be the end of the series.

The Bad:

-Cyclops biting it. Sure, this was bound to happen, but come on. Like I said earlier I try not to bring comics into the theater, but this was Cyclops. This was like Xavier's child. He IS the leader of the X-men. Not flippin Hallie Berry. I was really hoping that he would play a huge role and that he would be the one that had to make the final call on Jean in the end. I was very disappointed in his story. However, like it's be mentioned he died off screen, so there is that chance....

-Iceman vs. Pyro. If you would have told me that the climax battle would be between Iceman and Pyro I would have been first in line. They have built this relationship between the first two movies. Of all the cool things I was looking forward to in X3, this fight was on the top of my list. The movie even started out great, building even more tension. And then it happened.........Iceman Headbutted him. WHAT DID I JUST SAY !?!?!? That's right, Omega Level Iceman that can freeze and control any mosture in the air won a fight but a Headbutt K.O. That was capital Lame! What a letdown.

-Wolverine vs. No One. Ok, given, there was a good scene in the woods where Wolverine whipped up on some people, but I was looking for a good ol' fight. In the first movie we got Wolverine vs. Mystique and Wolverine vs. Sabertooth. In X2 we got Wolverine vs. Lady D. And, in X3 we got Wolverine versus a Hot Redhead who didn't even put a fight. I would have like to have seen a Mid-Movie battle with a Magneto Owned Omega Red or even Wolverine vs that Spikey dork guy just for fun or Better Yet, I would have liked to see Wolverine take on Juggs again at the end of the movie, this time for Keeps. Like I said earlier, Hugh Jackman/Wolverine takes both X1 and X3 from a C+ to an A. I would have liked to see him do what he does best....a little more.

The Ugly:

-Lack of Character Development. Seriously, if there was one thing Singer did well is was develop these characters. This whole movie seemed like Storm's Circus. A love triangle between Iceman, Rogue, and Kitty? Yes Please. Frasier as the Furry Beast in the White House? I'll have two. Colossus? Sure, I'd like to know his back story. Leech? Not sure what tree he fell out of. There was just so much left unsaid. Am I forgetting someone? Read on......

-The Avenging Angel? Or more like The Lackluster, Only Concernred for Himself, Boring, and Underused Angel. Seriously. Was I the only one who couldn't wait to see Angel Fly with the X-Men. Well, he flew, 3 times, and had nothing to do with the X-men. Honestly, there was NO REASON to put Angel in the movie. He served NO PURPOSE. The beging of the movie I was like "YES, I can't wait to see Angel in Action". Then, as the credits rolled I turned to my wife and said, "Did you see Angel in action, I must have missed it?" Talk about a complete waste of Talent, Character, Special Effects, and Story.

-The Future. With a number of Solo projects there is no telling if and when we might see another X-Men movie. That is said. Especially because some of the actors are going to move on and might not be so interested 5 or 6 years down the road. Same

Now, before you judge my comments. I really liked the movie. I would probably rate it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars or a B- if you will. It had it's moments and in some of the things that it did (Phoenix, Danger Room, etc) it did very well. In the same vien it also had some just disappointing turns (Angel anyone???). All in all, X2 still stands to be the gem of the trilogy. I just can't help but thinking how GREAT this movie would have been if Singer would have sticked around. Damn you Singer. Damn you Warner Bros. And Damn you Man of Steel. That is all. neo

Hey Neo. Welcome back... errr, yeah, you get the point.

I pretty much agree with all the points Neo brought up (sorry, I was never a big fan of the Phoenix). I was disappointed in Angel and Sentinel, though I didn't know it was going to be in the movie. And Psylocke was there? Anyway, I don't want to dwell in the negatives since I really enjoyed this movie.

What really surprised me was the Juggernaut. I thought he was going to be a forgettable lackey, but that one scene was awesome. Plus, I liked that hidden scene tease. I knew it was going to happen, just didn't know how it would happen. In the end, I left with a big smile on my face.

I was talking with my manager about this, and the only reason we could come up with that Angel was in the Movie was to possiblly bring on Apocalypse in the next one.

Favorite quote in X3, "Don't you know who I am, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

Oh that made my day hearing that........lol

• 2 weeks later...
The Cyc death suprised me, really didnt see that one coming. Hopefully X4 will happen, although I believe they are doing Wolverine next...

Cyclops may not be dead.Jean just thought.He may be in a hospital.They never showed the end.Cyclops coukd be anywhere.Jean could of even just teleported him to somewhere.

I thought the movie was good, but not nearly as good as the other two. The action sequences were amazing, but there was very little character development. Some of the acting was really bad, IMO, like the President and Storm.

There were some great moments though, like seeing Beast and Colossus in action. :)

It wasnt as good as the first two, but i was gearing myself up to be really disapointed and it was better than my expectations so thats ok.

The only bit that really really annoyed me though was a bit of bad editing: when magnetos moving the bridge its light, but when he lands it and the battle begins its dark. The second time i saw the film i noticed there seemed to be strange dark clouds moving rapidly around the island in the background of one shot, so maybe a longer cut had an explanation of some mutant at work or something, but as the edit stood i just thought it looked a bit sloppy (and im not one of these complain about every little thing that changes in the edit people: i rarely notice stuff like that but this semed glaring).

Following up the excellent X1 and X2 was going to be hard. I thought X3 was VERY average. Although it made tons of money, I think that it was the low point of the franchise. If the spin-off solo movies are this bland and boring, they are going to kill all hopes of getting X4!

There were some awesome scenes (as mentioned in previous posts), but not enough to save this flick from mediocrity...

i thought it was good, it could have been better if they put more time into it instead of trying to make a huge movie such as this in about 8 months. but over all i was satisfied.

:lol: HEY GUYS...! It's been a long time since we last met...! :)

Ok, so my 1st post eva in this forum will be about X3... I gues it's worth it, I guess.

Two points in the movie that let me really, really down

-As neolego said, character development & prominence. It's all about Wolverine, Phoenix, and Logan. Colossus is Wolverine's personal slingshot. Angel is for breaking windows and saving daddies (they started SO well with him...) and I really wish that the Beast character would've been developed more. I don't care if he's the one who cured Magneto or the guy that defends the mutants' rights I want to know who he REALLY is. What does the scene w/ Leech mean? It SHOULD drive somewhere... but doesn't. I thought this was the best opportunity of expressing Beast's feelings with the cure thingy (oh what I'd give to see that Beast vs. Wolverine fight scene) He resumes everything with "You don't leave hairs on the sofas". Noooo.

-Dialogue... some cheesy frases we heard in Winnie The Pooh or Toy Story... like "we're a team", "what have I done?", "no, it's what you want" or the worst of all "I dunno how to swim"...personally I felt embarassed with Beast's "Well, as Churchill said...". It's like "hey! look at me! You thought I was a diplomatic but I'm also Beast! I'm both for those who haven't notice! Hahahaaa!"

Goody points:

-Actors... AWESOME. Kitty sometimes looked drunk, but nevermind, they all made their role with real dignity. And thumbs up for Kelsey Grammer as Beast...yeah... B)

-Some astonishing scenes (insert pun) like the Phoenix vs. Xavier, Magneto's Golden Gate or when Angel is shaving his wings. WOW. See, if this things would've been developed more, it'd make a great movie IMO.

Overall, enjoyable but dissapointing.

P.S. TBT, sorry if I didn't answer you yesterday, haven't noticed...I did realise after two hours... :(

P.S. TBT, sorry if I didn't answer you yesterday, haven't noticed...I did realise after two hours... :(

No worries, you're here now and that was my main agenda... :D

Good to have you onboard :)

T.