UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU series 3 pics with Moonstone and Bullseye!

luke314pi

FYI: TTF is now a Moonstone fanatic after reading Ms Marvel 38. LOVE HER!!

yeah dude, i felt the same way, fantastic issue, and damn she sexy, now all we need is a classic ms.marvel

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipping

Scalper Mark-Up if I have to buy from annoying comic book guy

Gasoline to drive around the city

Time spent hunting for these = expensive gifts to my wife as bribes for "wasting time" on my hobby

PayPal fees for money transfers

I think the suggestion of a buddy system is an amazingly generous thought, at least for larger releases like the exclusive GB packs that would add up on eBay -- but I certainly wouldn't want someone buying extra gas and taking the time to drive around and hunt them down! That's way too much trouble to go to.

I assumed people were talking only about US board members with local TRUs where the previous releases were easily found, so they could just grab extras when they went to buy their own sets... Quite a few members do this already of course, but this way it would be pre-payed, including all the shipping and Paypal fees, so those members wouldn't end up with unwanted sets. I thought we just meant trying to organize that generosity (okay, that does sound evil) ahead of time somehow, definitely not hunting/bulk-buying/shipping to a hub/etc -- yikes! I feel guilty just thinking about that. :blink: I'll stick to eBay/watching for members with extras.

Edited by battlecat

Another thought on this wave...

When the two War Machine packs came out, I made the decision I was only going to get the Rhodey version, as I didn't want two Spymasters. But even with 25 coming out, I'm taking a hard look at the double Stark TRU pack. Sure, instead of a second Spymaster I'd have a second classic Iron Man. But then, I've got this spare Movie Jim Rhodes...

So when do these officially get released? Even though I'm gonna receive the Classic Iron Man, I think I might still get that one. I'm a sucker for Iron Man.

All right! Moonstone and Bullseye to compliment Osborn, Venom, Penance, and Radioactive Man? Yes please! I can now forgive DST for the lack of Moonstone/Songbird in the exclusive.

That said, we seriously need Songbird and Swordsman now so we can finish that incarnation of the team. I'm stoked!

All right! Moonstone and Bullseye to compliment Osborn, Venom, Penance, and Radioactive Man? Yes please! I can now forgive DST for the lack of Moonstone/Songbird in the exclusive.

That said, we seriously need Songbird and Swordsman now so we can finish that incarnation of the team. I'm stoked!

I could be completely off, but considering how many people were disappointed about Bullseye and Moonstone's absence from the Thunderbolts only to be relieved by the announcement of this set, I feel like DST is in some way or another planning to get those two to us. How they do it is anyone's guess, but I can't see them starting the team and not finishing it this close to the finish line. If this set didn't exist I'd say it's probably a slim chance, but now that these two have been revealed I feel like their likelihood went up substantially.

It shouldn't be that difficult arranging a system whereby all UK/EU collectors can obtain the TRU sets,the only fault with the system would be the usual one.....how much to charge! I gave up the idea of selling Minimates purely because I didn't/don't want the stigma of being 'buttheadsmate Minimate dealer' otherwise I'd happily sort this .......immediately. My rule of thumb still holds for pricing Minimates for sale in the UK .....substitute the $ sign US purchase price for a £ sign when selling in the UK .......$10 becomes £10 etc. This works for me.

The TRU stuff is difficult to obtain but is getting easier purely because of the help I already receive from my friends here but I'm afraid that any goodwill towards me may dry up if I was seen to be profiteering from their help.....hence I don't trade.....it's a vicious circle.

Perhaps I'm being too defensive?

If TRU could properly sort their online service (which is abyssmal ) their Minimate line would be the best thing that has happened to Minimate collectors in many a long day.

Back on track ......Is the Web-Armour a facsimile or a variant of the original ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I could be completely off, but considering how many people were disappointed about Bullseye and Moonstone's absence from the Thunderbolts only to be relieved by the announcement of this set, I feel like DST is in some way or another planning to get those two to us. How they do it is anyone's guess, but I can't see them starting the team and not finishing it this close to the finish line. If this set didn't exist I'd say it's probably a slim chance, but now that these two have been revealed I feel like their likelihood went up substantially.

Sounds logical to me, so I hope that you're right. I'd love to have th complete lineup of Ellis' Thunderbolts.

Already have a set of the Iron Man series pre-ordered. I'll still be buying the Iron Man set off line asap anyway. It's my most wanted minimate I've seen in production so far (concept art doesn't count, else it'd be a real close tie for 1st with Black Panther).