Mister Sinister

Edited by drgnrbrn316

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if 69 is the space, then maybe:

jonah jameson john?

You would need the number representing the "j" three times. No number repeats three times here.

I guess "space" or "blanks" do have a codenumber this time, because that was the one thing our codecrackers needed to deccipt the whole thing after what, two days? This time it's harder. But I don't think that one of the numbers occuring twice is a blank. I go for A, E, S, T, R, N or L with those:

_ _ 21 _ _ 69 _ _ _ 59 21 _ 81 69 59 _ 81 _

If you take those letters and arrange some possibilities you'll see that some won't work in that "tripplet" at the end (81, 69, 59, like the combination "SRL" for example.) On the other hand it might be completely crap, since Matt chose a name that doesn't follow that schema... This is really tough (but fun) and I'm a little unhappy that I don't have the time to try things out right now.

But I don't think that one of the numbers occuring twice is a blank. I go for A, E, S, T, R, N or L with those:

That would mean there's only one space, and two unusually long words (or one average-sized word and one extraordinarily long word). Doesn't seem as likely to me...

We're making your day, aren't we, Matt?

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm not even going to give this serious thought until we get one or two more clues, so that there is a pattern to follow. The chances of making headway with this one--given the no spaces component--are pretty dang slim.

This has got to be some sort of "Adjective Name". There just aren't enough full names to make something this big, especially any that don't carry the repeating letters in the pattern we need.

I agree that a second day's code with some of the same numbers in it will go a long way in helping crack this thing. Even better if its a simple one like Beetle or something.

Not to rag on anybody's theory but we have four numbers that are repeated through the code, 21, 69, 59, and 81. I would start looking for names that have repeating letters in the same positions, since we don't know if there are any spaces that's the best clue we have to go on.

Anyone considered that the code might be the same, but that this could be an anagram?

With only 1 (possibly 2 since we never got a translation for 48) vowels in all of that gibberish, plus 1 number, I find it highly unlikely.

Of course, if you can find a name in O2PBKXYTMJPWNXJHN?, be my guest.

With only 1 (possibly 2 since we never got a translation for 48) vowels in all of that gibberish, plus 1 number, I find it highly unlikely.

Well that's that, then. Interesting that most of the numbers correlate with the previous coded numbers, though.