UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 30 code

minijeff

I see no reason to get upset over Lizard and Vulture being left out. They are going to come. I am sure that the only reason they are being left out is to maintain interest of "old school Spidey villain collectors" (i.e. most of us here) in a later Spidey wave next year or something.

Kind of funny that apart from Kang and the Wrecking Crew, there isn't much of a clamor here for other old-school X-Men and Avengers enemies, though we are still missing beaucoup enemies from their line-ups. Yet we have hordes of Spidey villains already, and no one seems the least bit satisfied with them. Just an observation. I guess Spidey's villains are just more memorable than your Masterminds, Mimics, Black Kings, Baron Zemos, Count Nefarias, etc. Can't underestimate the genius of Lee, Ditko, et al., I suppose.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUCK.

Yes single word childish posts from older members who should know better do indeed suck!

T.

AGREED.

You know, guys, this being a public forum where I can express my own opinion and all... ;)

It has NOTHING to do with opinion. It has to do with you making a pointless single word post that adds nothing to the topic it's just spamming the thread, which is against the guidelines. and you have been a member long enough to know better!

T.

I have no idea who "Takara (spectaclestesticleswalltewatch)" is. But that is so going to be my next forum name when I sign up somewhere. (Copied and pasted to notepad :) )

I do understand its just some guys name and your making the sign of the cross like he's godlike its the whole thing just reads so well.

The short answer is Takara is a japanese toy company. They made the toys Hasbro rebranded into Transformers 25 years ago. Once Transofrmers took off, they made the Japanese versions. Right now, since they are not bound by US toys law they can make TF's that the US can't or has to modify to bring over in "unnacceptable" ways. (go to any TF board and search for "short smoke stacks", you'll get the idea) In recent times, they re-release US TF's with different, often more extensive and more "show accurate", paint jobs. For this they are praised and Hasbro is evil. I know, I don't get it either. I'm sure TM2 chopperface could explain it, but we're veering off point.

Which was it's always fun to find out who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are in any new collector community.

Its like this. Takara is the company that will honor the history of a series and release toys the way fans want them to honor the origianl figures. They do this with steller pain apps, stickers, classic chrome detailing and their excellent engineering. Hasbro is the brother company who gave us a red character like powerglide in a nasty one color off white. Be happy hasbro isnt making minimates. *Vomits on self*

Heeeeeere we go. I ask you, if I may, who gave us Classics in the first place? Who and where was it that Megatron showed up on the store shelves, unannounced, as a gun, for the first time in over 20 years? Was it here? Did Hasbro do that? it was. Hasbro gave of the Classics line, with Megatron, first. Before Henkie, before Masterpiece Megatron. Classics Megatron is made out of pure unadulterated love and sunshine, because he was unexpected. He just appeared. Universe is the problem. The fans wouldn't stop complaining about repaints, so Hasbro found an entire line of Repaints. When Classics was canned, they were almost forced to bring it back. There weren't any plans, but there it was.

Classics is American first and foremost. The new line unbelievably sucks, but 1.0 was amazing. Never forget that.

Heh, chopperface. Haven't been called that in a while. :P

I see no reason to get upset over Lizard and Vulture being left out. They are going to come. I am sure that the only reason they are being left out is to maintain interest of "old school Spidey villain collectors" (i.e. most of us here) in a later Spidey wave next year or something.

Kind of funny that apart from Kang and the Wrecking Crew, there isn't much of a clamor here for other old-school X-Men and Avengers enemies, though we are still missing beaucoup enemies from their line-ups. Yet we have hordes of Spidey villains already, and no one seems the least bit satisfied with them. Just an observation. I guess Spidey's villains are just more memorable than your Masterminds, Mimics, Black Kings, Baron Zemos, Count Nefarias, etc. Can't underestimate the genius of Lee, Ditko, et al., I suppose.

He he he - don't get me started. There are DOZENS of X-Men enemies that i am dying to see made into 'Mates: Stryfe; Mr Sinister; Sebastian Shaw; Fitzroy with hiw crystal Armour; Holocaust; Blob; Toad; Hell Fire Goons; Phalanx; Avalanche; Destiny; Pyro; Black Tom; Nimrod; Bastian; Spiral; Omega Red; Sauron; Shadow King; etc ... etc ... blah blah. But if i harped about the villains i want as much as we heard requests for Spiderman Enemies, i think i'd be boo'ed out for requesting characters that are 'over-saturated'.

But you have a point - I have Spiderman & Blackcat facing off against an army of about a dozen Spider-specific bad guys on my bookshelf, while i have about 15 X-Men with only 6 or so Villains to face off with.

Edited by Nessex

I have to confess that I am completely lost sometimes with some Marvel characters that are being announced but usually bring myself up to speed. This is all about my comic hiatus during the late 80's & 90's which I would guess most of you guys were beginning or in full swing of your comic-reading. I think most of us want the characters that we related to in our heydays ........ DST have done pretty well giving many of them to us.

I would like to add that my closet favourites would be The Mimic & The Super-Adaptoid. Maybe they're not iconic now but they were when I was introduced to them.

He he he - don't get me started. There are DOZENS of X-Men enemies that i am dying to see made into 'Mates: Stryfe; Mr Sinister; Sebastian Shaw; Fitzroy with hiw crystal Armour; Holocaust; Blob; Toad; Hell Fire Goons; Phalanx; Avalanche; Destiny; Pyro; Black Tom; Nimrod; Bastian; Spiral; Omega Red; Sauron; Shadow King; etc ... etc ... blah blah. But if i harped about the villains i want as much as we heard requests for Spiderman Enemies, i think i'd be boo'ed out for requesting characters that are 'over-saturated'.

But you have a point - I have Spiderman & Blackcat facing off against an army of about a dozen Spider-specific bad guys on my bookshelf, while i have about 15 X-Men with only 6 or so Villains to face off with.

I gotta agree man I'd love some more X villains. Spideys Rogues have definatley had the spotlight since wave one so it only fair that the others get a shot.

I rekon we'll get some more x villains when Xmen First class gets released in 2010

Wow, I never realized how few X-Men Villainmates there are.

Cause I'm bored, I feel like comparing them to Spider-man. Just looking at the characters made from the 616 universe, there is only:

X-Men Villains:

Magneto, Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Mystique, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse, White Queen, and I guess Archangel (total: 8)

Spider-man Villains

Carnage, Chameleon, Venom, Green Goblin, Sandman, Dr. Octopus, Mysterio, Shocker, Kraven, Tarantula, Hobgoblin, Rhino, Hydroman, Scorpion, and Electro. (total: 15)

NOW, let's look at the HEROES....

X-Men Heroes:

Professor X, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird (I guess), Rogue, Bishop, Cable, Emma, Havok, Polaris, Shadowcat, Gambit, and Psylocke. (total: 20)

Spider-Man Heroes:

Spider-Man, Black Cat, Ben Reily, and Spider-Girl (total: 4)

So yeah, I'm sure I'm missing a few. But, it goes to show that Spider-Man villains have been shown a lot of love. For those who request some X-Villains to balance out the team, they have a valid suggestion.

I have to be up in 5 hrs, I should sleep. :(

Spidey has fought Magneto, Juggernaut, and Sabretooth before also. Not sure which Spidey villains that the X-Men have done battle with.

Oh, and Spidey has also fought Dr. Doom, so you can add him to the list too.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

so the next character alfter ultimate spiderman in the ultimate spidey universe that we get is ultimate spiderwoman. Im going to go ultimate shoot myself. I hope the control art changes my mind.

your forgetting the ultimate green goblin

Jeff of the Minifacts

My only question is, when do we get control art for these? We got wave 29 right away. I wanna see it for these too!

it was about 3hours after the last code was cracked we got the control art, fingers crossed unless they won't do it this time because of all our bitching about the spider-men :blink:

Edited by winkerbean

I really liked the clone storyline in ultimate spider-man and really liked her costume design. I'm pumped for this.

Well it's not really a Spider-MAN variant at least...

And it is a new character... sort of...

And I am curious to see the design on this one. Will it have a brand new mask w/ hair piece?

X-Men Villains:

Magneto, Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Mystique, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse, White Queen, and I guess Archangel (total: 8)

Spider-man Villains

Carnage, Chameleon, Venom, Green Goblin, Sandman, Dr. Octopus, Mysterio, Shocker, Kraven, Tarantula, Hobgoblin, Rhino, Hydroman, Scorpion, and Electro. (total: 15)

NOW, let's look at the HEROES....

X-Men Heroes:

Professor X, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird (I guess), Rogue, Bishop, Cable, Emma, Havok, Polaris, Shadowcat, Gambit, and Psylocke. (total: 20)

Spider-Man Heroes:

Spider-Man, Black Cat, Ben Reily, and Spider-Girl (total: 4)

I think that is just natural: If you were to become a future Marvel villain minimate, would you want to face 20 crazy X-Men with outstanding powers, or are you willing to join a gang of already 15 deadly guys who only have to face a handfull of unorganized heroes? I know that if it was up to me - and giving that decision to an unmaterialized spirit is the way new Minimates come to life as we all know - I'd love to be in the Wrecking Crew!

I really liked the clone storyline in ultimate spider-man and really liked her costume design. I'm pumped for this.

Ditto. I'd much rather have a different (if not derivative) character than "Cowboy Spider-Man".

I think that is just natural: If you were to become a future Marvel villain minimate, would you want to face 20 crazy X-Men with outstanding powers, or are you willing to join a gang of already 15 deadly guys who only have to face a handfull of unorganized heroes? I know that if it was up to me - and giving that decision to an unmaterialized spirit is the way new Minimates come to life as we all know - I'd love to be in the Wrecking Crew!

Small hole in your logic there. While there may only be four or five unique characters in the Spider-Man stable, there are still in the neighborhood of 30 Spider-Men running around the Marvel Minimate Universe. You're better off squaring off with the X-Men and hoping that the all-Wolverine unit is busy fighting someone else.