UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 30 code

minijeff

So since it appears that we're geting alternate Spider-Folks, which sort-of Spidey do you think we'll get next?

Bag Man dammit! Come on, don't you want a paper bag mask for your minimates?

And Kaine would fit with Spider-Girl I think. According to Wikipedia, Kaine is her overly-protective uncle and she is the source of his redemption or something.

Honestly I eant an Electro out of this wave more than any other character.

And as for Army Builder: Spider Slayers.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as for Army Builder: Spider Slayers.

Ooooo! As much as I like the idea, so far the 616 Army Builders have had little to wave they're in. Otherwise it would have been Hellfire goons with this summer's X-wave not Skrulls. We'll probably get Kree or something.

Not liking how this wave is shaping up thus far, though maybe we were due for a lame wave after all the awesome ones that are coming up. Here's hoping this is just one throw away 2-pack from the wave, and that we get some "classic" villains next. If it is "all new, all stupid" characters and outfits, then I may well not buy.

edit:

Keep in mind though, that 2 characters announced doesn't necessarily tell us much about the entire wave. This could be a hodge-podge wave similar to the previous one, where we may get these two as the "new Spider-people" pack, a Man-Thing/Howard the Duck pack and a Hellcat/Nighthawk pack or some such thing (probably not that exactly, but. . .).

Edited by karamazov80

I'd also like to add that MMHQ is speculating that maybe the three announced mates so far (House of M Spider-Man, Scorpion, Spider-Girl) might all be the same pack, and that either Spidey or Spidette Mayday may simply be the variant.

I guess we won't find out what direction this wave is going for sure until tomorrow.

I'm a huge Spiderfan so another wave is like candy for me. But what i'm hoping for with the last four slots is Vulture, electro, toxin, and a new carnage.

They could have it as

M Spidey/ Scorpion

Mayday/ Vulture

Electro/ Carnage

Electro/ Toxin (Variant)

But this will never happen... : (

There is no guarantee that the figure packed with the variant WILL be an army builder. We only know that AA/DST are trying to do army building now. The Wolverine wave didn't have an army builder (well, maybe you could consider the overflowing supply of Wolverines an army). I say give it another day and we'll see if we're in a Spidey wave or if we're set for two Scorpion figures.

And yes, I know a movie wave doesn't hold much comparison to a comic book wave.

didn't they say in a Q & A that it was army builders for now on except when the wave was a movie wave??

And from know on I'm not thinking about anything minimate as when I heard about house of m spidey I thought god no, if they had to do a spidey couldn't they make a spidergirl figure.......

Edited by winkerbean

And from know on I'm not thinking about anything minimate as when I heard about house of m spidey I thought god no, if they had to do a spidey couldn't they make a spidergirl figure.......

"Ray... WHAT DID YOU DO???"

Also, whether this is a Spidey wave or not, I can't picture Spidergirl being packed with another character from her series. Let's face it, for DST she's just one more costume variant...

Edited by battlecat

Have to say that after knocking it out of the park with wave 29 I'm kind of disapointed that this is looking like the least exciting wave for a very long time. I don't mind the odd spidey variant but to cram a wave full of em just does not float my boat, if this doesn't get more exciting then this could be a wave for me to skip.

I'm starting to wonder if even DST is having problems coming up with valid spidey variants, as far as I know HoM spidey isn't exactly a must have fan favorite and they are getting to the point where they are scrapping the last dregs of spidey flavored peanut butter out of the jar. Makes you wonder what they will do when they run out of even these obscure versions, perhaps they will just publish other heroes in spidey costumes? Spider wolverine, Spider Doom, Spider fantastic four etc

T.

Jumped in this thread late and really wouldn't like to have to read through 8 pages so can someone recap what's been broken so far? I see the last couple pages have been talk of scorpion, spider-girl, and HOM Spider-man

Jumped in this thread late and really wouldn't like to have to read through 8 pages so can someone recap what's been broken so far? I see the last couple pages have been talk of scorpion, spider-girl, and HOM Spider-man

So in summary... yes you are up to speed ;)

T.

So in summary... yes you are up to speed ;)

T.

Solid. I thought I saw someone comment about the last 4 slots but I only saw those 3 characters.

I'm starting to wonder if even DST is having problems coming up with valid spidey variants, as far as I know HoM spidey isn't exactly a must have fan favorite and they are getting to the point where they are scrapping the last dregs of spidey flavored peanut butter out of the jar. Makes you wonder what they will do when they run out of even these obscure versions, perhaps they will just publish other heroes in spidey costumes? Spider wolverine, Spider Doom, Spider fantastic four etc

I'm waiting for the inevitable '90s Foil Cover Spidey, aka "let's just make him shiny"... it'll probably be in the inevitable

Spidey Through The Ages set (we all know it's coming sooner or later).

I do like the Secret Wars design, and I wouldn't mind a six arm Spidey someday, but beyond that what else is actually left to make? Was Spider-Man alive in Age of Apocalypse (only other big alternate universe I can think of)?

I'm starting to wonder if even DST is having problems coming up with valid spidey variants,

T.

i would'nt worry we could still get:

Cyborg Spidey from Spider-Man #21 & #22

Insulated Spidey from Amazing Spider-Man #425 (would be good packed with electro)

Octo-Spidey from Funeral For An Octopus

Unlimited Spidey from Webspinners #13 & 14

ninja spidey from Spectacular Spider-Man #213 & #214

Spider-Hulk from Web Of Spider-Man #69 & #70

Spider-Lizard from Spectacular Spider-Man #39 & #40

Spider-Phoenix from spider-man #25

I'm starting to wonder if even DST is having problems coming up with valid spidey variants,

T.

i would'nt worry we could still get:

Cyborg Spidey from Spider-Man #21 & #22

Insulated Spidey from Amazing Spider-Man #425 (would be good packed with electro)

Octo-Spidey from Funeral For An Octopus

Unlimited Spidey from Webspinners #13 & 14

ninja spidey from Spectacular Spider-Man #213 & #214

Spider-Hulk from Web Of Spider-Man #69 & #70

Spider-Lizard from Spectacular Spider-Man #39 & #40

Spider-Phoenix from spider-man #25

Oh boy! there's waves 32 and 34 right there! :blink:

T.

perhaps they will just publish other heroes in spidey costumes? Spider wolverine, Spider Doom, Spider fantastic four etc

you know, there's a lot of semi-legitimate variants you could make using that concept.

Spider-Hulk, Punisher Wolverine, Punisher Venom, Venom Wolverine, other Symboite characters from "Web of Shadows" , Ultimate Black Panther Captain America, Punisher Captain America, That "Captain America Armor Iron Man" from that 'What if Comic...?" that probably inspired "Iron Patriot", Thor Deadpool, Marvel Girl Deadpool, Captain America Deadpool, Spider-Kraven, Mary Jane wearing Spider-man's outfit which is for some reason overly popular as random pin-ups/fanart, the Fantastic Four from that one What if where they all got the same powers I guess could be stretched out for a while... the remaining Dark Avengers maybe.... and of course KANG! (although he'd be Iron-lad... but you know, still Kang kinda)

probably more but that's all I can remember.... and hey like 5 of them would be pretty cool!

I wouldn't mind a six arm Spidey someday,

Here's hoping this wave's final Spidey is Man-Spider with a variant of six-armed Spidey. Or vice versa. Either way that would be super cool. And it might make the HOM Spidey acceptable. And a generic thug would even be cool for a variant; it's gotta hap[pen sometime.

TBT what happened to wave 33..... Oh that's right that's the hush, hush secret underwraps iron man 2 wave, boy I can't wait to get me a crimson dynamo

Not even DST would make every wave a spiderman variant wave.... yet!

Would they? :blink:

T.

...Thor Deadpool, Marvel Girl Deadpool, ...

I love Deadpool, but I hope we don't get a Marvel Girl Deadpool. Ever.

Until these waves and the TRU exclusives, AFX were the go-to guys for the obscure characters/variants, perhaps they'll have to take that to the next level. Marvel Girl Deadpool! Werewolf Cap! Bagman Spidey! No Nose Wolverine!

...wait... scratch those last two, gotta save them for Wave 37 and 39...