UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Codes are cracked, as a prize we got concept art !

TBT!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stryfe

Please. . .please God no. No Gideon, either.

i'm with nessex, who else is my cable mate s'posed to fight?? :D

no qualms with silver samurai though right? cuz that'd be sweet

Cable can fight Bishop and Deadpool. Stryfe can sit in the corner reserved for lame nega-villains. ;)

Even though i don't like Stryfe, I'd like to see how the mate looks. Besides, DST should try to make every Marvel character possible. That includes Stryfe; he clearly has his fans.

lame nega-villains. ;)

That's pretty much it. Not only is he one of the horde of laziest possible villains (the "evil clone," or "evil doppleganger," or "evil guy who wears the same costume but different colors"), but he was also a Liefeld creation. I'm still having difficulties enjoying Deadpool as much as I should, because I know where he comes from, and that is a dark, dark place. Also, I think he looks incredibly stupid, though the Minimate might be good for some customs.

Edited by karamazov80

Not only is he one of the horde of laziest possible villains (the "evil clone," or "evil doppleganger," or "evil guy who wears the same costume but different colors"),

So you don't care for Prof. Zoom, Sinestro, Bizarro, Venom, Carnage, Sabretooth, or Abomination on similar grounds? (Yes, yes, I know Sabretooth started out as something different, but by the time of his "death", the evil Wolverine was all he's become.)

Liefield is another matter entirely.

lame nega-villains. ;)

That's pretty much it. Not only is he one of the horde of laziest possible villains (the "evil clone," or "evil doppleganger," or "evil guy who wears the same costume but different colors"), but he was also a Liefeld creation. I'm still having difficulties enjoying Deadpool as much as I should, because I know where he comes from, and that is a dark, dark place. Also, I think he looks incredibly stupid, though the Minimate might be good for some customs.

I always thought his costume was pretty crazy (in a good way), and would love to see it materialized in 3D. The original X-Force figure circa 1993/4 was ok for it's time, but i've always hankered for something better - a MiniMate would make an awesome addition to my X-Men Villains (Visually - even if the idea that created him is a bit uninspired).

EDIT: I was hoping for a well painted, nicely sculpted Marvel Legend Stryfe, but i think Hasbro has seen to it that we wont be getting one.

Edited by Nessex

So you don't care for Prof. Zoom, Sinestro, Bizarro, Venom, Carnage, Sabretooth, or Abomination on similar grounds? (Yes, yes, I know Sabretooth started out as something different, but by the time of his "death", the evil Wolverine was all he's become.)

Liefield is another matter entirely.

Well, it's a combination of the two that really makes him so bad, and I should note that there are very cool "anti-" characters like Joker and Bizarro, who aren't lazy/lame rip-offs in the way that Stryfe was, IMO. Creating someone who possesses traits opposite of a hero is one thing. Making him a clone (which Bizarro is not, in my mind--he is from Bizarro World in another reality), or giving a guy the exact same powers in an opposite colored outfit or something (though I admittedly do like Reverse Flash's colors) is lame in the vast majority of cases. You throw in where he comes from and how he was written back in those days, and it's that much worse.

I also don't consider Sabretooth to be in that group at all (though I haven't read about him in years, so I don't know of him as the "anti-Wolverine" that you say he has become). Carnage is the very worst, though. Marvel creators were so lazy at the time that they created a cheap knock-off of a cheap knock-off.

--edit: Another comment: all Golden Age DC stuff (Justice League (cheap knock off of JSA), Crime Syndicate (cheap knock-off of JLA), etc.) are excluded from criticism, because all Golden Age stuff is awesome.--

Edited by karamazov80

yes - yes - yes!!! Sinister, Stryfe, The MILF, Holocaust, Shriek, The Symbiotes!!! Bring them all on! WOOT!

i would also like to see a minimate of Stiflers mum the MILF that she is, boy just think of all the sinister stryfe a young lad could get into with that minimate!! ;);)

Edited by winkerbean

Well, it's a combination of the two that really makes him so bad, and I should note that there are very cool "anti-" characters like Joker and Bizarro, who aren't lazy/lame rip-offs in the way that Stryfe was, IMO. Creating someone who possesses traits opposite of a hero is one thing. Making him a clone (which Bizarro is not, in my mind--he is from Bizarro World in another reality), or giving a guy the exact same powers in an opposite colored outfit or something (though I admittedly do like Reverse Flash's colors) is lame in the vast majority of cases. You throw in where he comes from and how he was written back in those days, and it's that much worse.

I also don't consider Sabretooth to be in that group at all (though I haven't read about him in years, so I don't know of him as the "anti-Wolverine" that you say he has become). Carnage is the very worst, though. Marvel creators were so lazy at the time that they created a cheap knock-off of a cheap knock-off.

--edit: Another comment: all Golden Age DC stuff (Justice League (cheap knock off of JSA), Crime Syndicate (cheap knock-off of JLA), etc.) are excluded from criticism, because all Golden Age stuff is awesome.--

My main beef with Stryfe was he in large part exists just to create confusion on the readers part. A red herring designed to make the reader qustion the mysterious Cable's motives. "Was Cable leading both the heroic New Mutants and the evil MLF? It certainly looks that way..." Cheapened both characters right off the bat.

Sabretooth did eventually become the Evil Wolverine. Or rather, Sabretooth embraced what Wolverine fought against becoming- a brutal, animalistic killing machine. I say fought because Wolverine doesn't seem to be fighting real hard against it anymore, and now he's even got Cyc's endorsement not to do so.

lame nega-villains. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA Liefield HAHAHAHA. The dark and evil liefield. Cable and deadpool are cousins with the honorable savage dragon HAHAHAHAHAHA. That made my morning.

My main beef with Stryfe was he in large part exists just to create confusion on the readers part. A red herring designed to make the reader qustion the mysterious Cable's motives. "Was Cable leading both the heroic New Mutants and the evil MLF? It certainly looks that way..." Cheapened both characters right off the bat.

Sabretooth did eventually become the Evil Wolverine. Or rather, Sabretooth embraced what Wolverine fought against becoming- a brutal, animalistic killing machine. I say fought because Wolverine doesn't seem to be fighting real hard against it anymore, and now he's even got Cyc's endorsement not to do so.

You can't say stryfe is there to create confusion for readers without accepting that is also the case for cable. Whats more retar-um confusing than shooting your baby into the future, then cloning it. Actually Im kind of hazy on how exactly stryfe came to be.

You can't say stryfe is there to create confusion for readers without accepting that is also the case for cable. Whats more retar-um confusing than shooting your baby into the future, then cloning it. Actually Im kind of hazy on how exactly stryfe came to be.

That's where things get squirrely. When Liefield was originally working on Cable, Cable and Cyc's timelost son were two different characters. It was after Liefield left without telling anyone where he was going with the whole who-is-Cable mystery, that someone decided to make Cable Scott's son back from the future, and thus further complicating the Stryfe confusion.

That's where things get squirrely. When Liefield was originally working on Cable, Cable and Cyc's timelost son were two different characters. It was after Liefield left without telling anyone where he was going with the whole who-is-Cable mystery, that someone decided to make Cable Scott's son back from the future, and thus further complicating the Stryfe confusion.

It's even more confusing if you consider that at one point Stryfe was intended to be Summers and Cable the clone. I think that would have been more interesting, but I don't know that it would have made Stryfe much better. But he's going to be featured again soon, so who knows?

Over at Corner Store Comics, they have preorders up for wave 29, alongside pictures of the prototypes.

mmm29_L.jpg

Blank Panthers head looks REALLY small, and the body looks far too big. Moonknights cape doesn't seem to be resting properly on the body. The Hydra Agents body looks too big, as well.

Sad thing is, I'm actually EXCITED for X-Force Wolverine. Him and Storm look the best. Strange how that works.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm not familiar with Armored Daredevil but he looks pretty cool.

Blank Panthers head looks REALLY small, and the body looks far too big. Moonknights cape doesn't seem to be resting properly on the body. The Hydra Agents body looks too big, as well.

Yes, I agree. Good thing is, that Hydra agent doesn't need to wear that bulky jacket. T'Challa's head might hopefully be a result of a bad perspective. And regarding Moon Knight's cape, I think it's just bad placement here. Whoever arranges those promo pics - they should acquire Ivan for that! - isn't really into it. I mean look at Daredevil's torso. :blink:

Sad thing is, I'm actually EXCITED for X-Force Wolverine. Him and Storm look the best. Strange how that works.

Your squirrel?..... chipmunk?.... avatar's tail's too big :D

Thanks for the pic & IMhumbleO they all look great . Black Panther...about time .

Thanks for sharing!

I'm not familiar with Armored Daredevil but he looks pretty cool.

Yes, I agree. Good thing is, that Hydra agent doesn't need to wear that bulky jacket. T'Challa's head might hopefully be a result of a bad perspective. And regarding Moon Knight's cape, I think it's just bad placement here. Whoever arranges those promo pics - they should acquire Ivan for that! - isn't really into it. I mean look at Daredevil's torso. :blink:

They do this a lot to get more dynamic positions from the characters. If you go back and have a look at the prototype pics from the Defenders box set, you'll notice that Namors head isn't really 'popped' onto his neck ball, it's just resting on top so they could get the angle they wanted for the image.

I wish they would of put the lightning effect on storm's hand so we could see what that looked like.

Edited by Scorpion

I wish they would of put the lighting effect on storm's hand so we could see what that looked like.

I guess you mean the lightning effect......not actually doing the bhm cleverass ....just couldn't get my head round what you meant. Yes that would be a good acc. !

I changed it now, and thanks for telling me.

Edited by Scorpion