UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hoping for a new Nightcrawler and some MAX 'mates.

DooMmonkey.

Unsuccessfully I have been searching for a Nightcrawler 'mate to find them all overpriced or sold only in a bundle, I'm wondering why there hasn't been another minimate made of this character. He is popular and a staple of the X-men team (not as profitable as Wolverine but still popular) the only costume they have made of his is the old circus one he used in the 70's and 80's I'm wondering why the have not jumped onto making him in his current X-men outfit, the black and yellow leather as they all wear now post-X-men movies. Another thing I'd love to see is a box set made of the characters from the Marvel Max series. How cool would it be seeing Luke Cage, Tombstone, Punisher and Nighthawk together in a box set, would be easy and need barely any new sculpted parts, maybe a cornrow sculpt for Tombstone and a new helmet sculpt for Nighthawk aside from that there would be all reuse, wondering why DST hasn't jumped on making some MAX characters.

Yes!! I would LOVE a new Nightcrawler mate! He is a very popular X-Man, and I think a modern version of him would sell really well. If I can be a nerd for a second and make a correction, though; Nightcrawler hasn't worn the yellow and black leather look since Grant Morrison left the book years ago. None of the X-Men have. His current look is even cooler though, it's reminiscent of the old one, only more simple and without those weird shoulder thingies. Here ya go...

post-1624-1241487508_thumb.png

And hell yeah, he better come with TWO swords! And have his tail be bendy, so that he could hold a sword with it, or hang upside down! That would be awesome!!

Edited by Mate-iac

I've been hunting for nightcrawler as well but it's impossible.....A differnt version would suffice for me as well. I'm wondering in what kinda set he could be included in....Maybe an excalibur box set or something. So someone out there, please help us Nightcrawler fans!

:( ive been searching for him two

one time my comic book store got one in and said theyd save for me but an hour before i got there they sold it :(:(

well maybe we'll get a new one

Yes!! I would LOVE a new Nightcrawler mate! He is a very popular X-Man, and I think a modern version of him would sell really well. If I can be a nerd for a second and make a correction, though; Nightcrawler hasn't worn the yellow and black leather look since Grant Morrison left the book years ago. None of the X-Men have. His current look is even cooler though, it's reminiscent of the old one, only more simple and without those weird shoulder thingies. Here ya go...

post-1624-1241487508_thumb.png

And hell yeah, he better come with TWO swords! And have his tail be bendy, so that he could hold a sword with it, or hang upside down! That would be awesome!!

Sorry about that, haven't read for awhile, last I read was the arc with Skin and Jubilee getting crucified and Angel giving away his blood or whatever it was, I'd prefer him in the yellow and black but any costume but the one he has now on the 'Mate.... Damnit I still want Tombstone to be made though, hopefully in another Spidey wave and better be with Robbie Robertson.

I'm surprised Nightcrawler has never seen a regular release, he is a relatively popular character.

I like Mate-lac's choice of costume, close enough to the original costume for fans missing the GSX one, but new enough for all collectors to enjoy.

I don't know all the ins-and-outs, but apparently the Max-Mates were very expensive to make, and didn't sell. That's a bad formula for a business. So, unless there is a serious surge in Minimate interest out there, I wouldn't count on seeing those. . .however, if they could find some way of just releasing large Minimates (made of plastic, articulate, etc.) the size of the Minimate Max figures, they probably wouldn't cost much more than a glorified "Build-A-Figure" to produce, and could potentially have a market. I would love to get Uatu, Giant Giant Man, and Fin Fang Foom.

I don't know all the ins-and-outs, but apparently the Max-Mates were very expensive to make, and didn't sell. That's a bad formula for a business. So, unless there is a serious surge in Minimate interest out there, I wouldn't count on seeing those. . .however, if they could find some way of just releasing large Minimates (made of plastic, articulate, etc.) the size of the Minimate Max figures, they probably wouldn't cost much more than a glorified "Build-A-Figure" to produce, and could potentially have a market. I would love to get Uatu, Giant Giant Man, and Fin Fang Foom.

As much as I love my Galactacus and Sentinel I meant Max as in the comic imprint http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAX_(comics) so that makes for the rougher Punisher style the gore one people are used to seeing and so on, would make some good gritty civilian 'Mates.

I said yesterday that 'for some unknown reason' I believe we'll see a Nightcrawler soon . This is purely a gut feeling & I have absolutely no evidence.

Re Maximates ....i think they're great but expensive. Karamazov80's idea regarding articulated giant-type 'mates is welcome but if you have ever seen the kubrick equivalents which are known as 400% kubricks you'd be disappointed. Disappointed because they are NOT solid but hollow & they really are sad bits of kit. If the 'mates versions were solid they'd be winners but expensive...very expensive.

Re Maximates ....i think they're great but expensive. Karamazov80's idea regarding articulated giant-type 'mates is welcome but if you have ever seen the kubrick equivalents which are known as 400% kubricks you'd be disappointed. Disappointed because they are NOT solid but hollow & they really are sad bits of kit. If the 'mates versions were solid they'd be winners but expensive...very expensive.

I hadn't thought about that. The 400% Santa I briefly had was of a horribly low quality. However, I have seen other large "rotocasted" figures (much bigger than 8 inches tall) that weren't nearly as bad. Not sure how they are made, but the Marvel Legends Icons are 12 inches tall, are of a reasonable quality (despite being made by Hasbro), and cost $20 or so.

Edited by karamazov80

Nightcrawler would be very welcome indeed. I am hoping the fact that Storm is getting a new mate bodes well for our chances.

You know of the X-men Nightcrawler is the only one I'm missing as well. I had to go on Ebay to pick up Thunderbird and Classic Storm. Now they are coming out with the Jim Lee storm and for the Secret Wars voting I can't remember if Storm is in the lead for that too.

I would love a new Nightcrawler too.

I sorta liked his corsair outfit in Excalibur.

Okay, so it's settled. We want a modern Nightcrawler, with Corsair Nightcrawler variant. (although I remember his being called "Pirate Smurf" back in the day when Toy Biz made a 5" figure of that design)

I like that Corsair look also. Like I said any Nightcrawler Minimate would be cool.

How about an Excalibur wave.

Captain Britain/Megan

Nightcrawler/Shadowcat

Phoenix/?

Phoenix (hound costume)/ army builder

with

Phoenix (dark phoenix colors)/ army builder

or

Marvel Girl (Rachel) / army builder

as the variants

I'd pick an army builder, but those seem to be completely indepentant of the wave (barring the Ultimate SHIELD agents in the Ultimates wave). Probably the most approriate one for the wave would be Shiar soldier. I can just imagine their triangle helmets translated onto a Mate's round head.

I like that Corsair look also. Like I said any Nightcrawler Minimate would be cool.

How about an Excalibur wave.

Captain Britain/Megan

Nightcrawler/Shadowcat

Phoenix/?

Great idea! :)

You're new so probably have no idea how long I've been campaigning for a series or more likely a box set of Excalibur!

The chase could be the 70's Capt Britain costume?

Not sure why but for some reason I want a Hellfireclub goon as the army builder with this set!

T.

Not sure why but for some reason I want a Hellfireclub goon as the army builder with this set!

T.

Warwolves! Made similar to the Ghostbusters "Terror Dog." Probably wouldn't be too popular with the masses, but I would like to have a few.

Warwolves! Made similar to the Ghostbusters "Terror Dog." Probably wouldn't be too popular with the masses, but I would like to have a few.

Oh I am SOOOOO loving that idea. So see, there's at least two sales right there.

Oh I am SOOOOO loving that idea. So see, there's at least two sales right there.

Hell, at least three! I would buy the regular and variant pack so that I could have two of those bad boys :buttrock:

• 2 weeks later...