UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Return of DC minimates possible?

As people know there is 2 sets of Spirit minimates seeing release. The Spirit is published by DC comics also Spirit is an active member of the DCU now this could show there may be some chance of more minimates from DC properties, atleast from the comic Spirit set I can make a pretty good classic Vic Sage (already made one from a Frank Castle minimate with back in black spidey hair, making him in his 90's era outfit).

Edited by DooMmonkey.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC wont be coming back anytime soon The spirit licence and how it works outside of the main DC stuff is explained somewhere on this forum. Its nearly 1am here and I cant be bothered looking but it is somewhere.

DC wont be coming back anytime soon The spirit licence and how it works outside of the main DC stuff is explained somewhere on this forum. Its nearly 1am here and I cant be bothered looking but it is somewhere.

That's true, but the buyers are still there for DC people were devastated when the line was canceled, I know Spirit is pretty much in license limbo (Eisner and DC claim to both own it, DC have their logo all over the recent comics) but I honestly hope A.A. get their heads straight and make some more DC 'mates I need my fix. Then again I don't see why A.A. can't make a boxset of Vertigo 'Mates, an Imprint of DC which Mattel are not allowed to utilize characters from (Thus why Constantine or Rorschach will never appear in the DCU classics series) I'd love a box set of Swamp Thing, Spider Jerusalem, John Constantine, Jesse Custer and Rorschach.

Edited by DooMmonkey.

Yeah, the two don't really have anything to do with each other. The Spirit is owned entirely by the estate of his creator, Will Eisner. DC is just the publisher.

Please don't start threads with titles like this unless you have actual info on the return of DC Minimates!!!!!

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

DC MATES ARE AND WILL REMAIN DEAD!!!

At this point the only way to bring them back is if you buy DC and I buy DST and then we can resurrect them. I am a little low on cash at the moment so unless you can spot me I guess they are going to stay dead.

Edited by minimadman

Yeah, the two don't really have anything to do with each other. The Spirit is owned entirely by the estate of his creator, Will Eisner. DC is just the publisher.

Please don't start threads with titles like this unless you have actual info on the return of DC Minimates!!!!!

I never claimed to have any information, I just said it could be a possibility due to The Spirit minimates being released. And DC slaps their logo all over the comics and Spirit is used as a character in the main DCU so I don't see why it isn't a possibility. Also people claimed DC mates were dead with C3 and they were wrong.

Edited by DooMmonkey.

I remain secretly optimistic that DC Minimates CAN come back in one form or another... I just think we probably have to wait a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for that to happen. <_<

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

And MMMV definitely needs that smiley. :lol:

You know what!? I don't think Dunder Mifflin, I mean DST realizes how high us minimate fans can fly.

I say that all of us at MMMV join together and make our own minimate company. We can make boxed sets that include Street Fighter, LOTR, DC, the possibilities are ENDLESS!

And if our company goes under, then we form a new one!

I have already started brainstorming ideas for company names:

MinimateMultiverse Minimates

Ruby-Pick Toys

Michael-Scott Paper Company

Minimate Inc

Hail Ivan

That's already FIVE companies we can start!

Edited by the punisher=D

You know what!? I don't think Dunder Mifflin, I mean DST realizes how high us minimate fans can fly.

I say that all of us at MMMV join together and make our own minimate company. We can make boxed sets that include Street Fighter, LOTR, DC, the possibilities are ENDLESS!

And if our company goes under, then we form a new one!

I have already started brainstorming ideas for company names:

MinimateMultiverse Minimates

Ruby-Pick Toys

Michael-Scott Paper Company

Minimate Inc

Hail Ivan

That's already FIVE companies we can start!

Let me know when you start these companies. I'll have to keep refreshing CNN's website just to keep up with all the lawsuits.

Just have to remain optimistic, of course they won't come back if we keep saying. People thought C3 was the end of the DC 'mates. But they did return.

As BHM stated it is quite tiresome. As it appears that you have just joined us on the board I will give you a rough history of our positivity. When DCD first announced that wave 8 would be the last we stayed positive thinking that if we bought wave 8 and sent them emails about how much we like the product and that we would continue to support the product that they would change their minds. They didn't. Threads like this one are like having a really hot girl break up with you and every once in a while she sends you an email to tell you how happy she is without you. When someone is sick you stay positive, when they are dead you mourn. DCD Minimates are dead.

dcddead.jpg

Mods, is there any way to lock this section of the board until which time there is something new to put in it.

Just have to remain optimistic, of course they won't come back if we keep saying. People thought C3 was the end of the DC 'mates. But they did return.

As BHM stated it is quite tiresome. As it appears that you have just joined us on the board I will give you a rough history of our positivity. When DCD first announced that wave 8 would be the last we stayed positive thinking that if we bought wave 8 and sent them emails about how much we like the product and that we would continue to support the product that they would change their minds. They didn't. Threads like this one are like having a really hot girl break up with you and every once in a while she sends you an email to tell you how happy she is without you. When someone is sick you stay positive, when they are dead you mourn. DCD Minimates are dead.

dcddead.jpg

Mods, is there any way to lock this section of the board until which time there is something new to put in it.

I actually applaud the noobs optimism.

I first got into minimates because of the DC line, and when it ended, I was mad, but after a time (unless your a whiny baby) I moved on to the Marvel and C3 lines.

Unless your a fool, when a really hot girl breaks up with you, don't sulk and sit around forever like a dork, grow a pair and move on to another really hot girl or two. If the hot girl comes back, then ^&*% both or all of em! :P

So I say who cares, let the noob have his say. If you get your panties in a bunch over someone mentioning the return of DC (or your ex) I say don't take life so serious, besides the DC board is so slow a new post or two never hurt anyone.

Edited by mtd20_2000

I first got into minimates because of the DC line, and when it ended, I was mad, but after a time (unless your a whiny baby) I moved on to the Marvel and C3 lines.

Unless your a fool, when a really hot girl breaks up with you, don't sulk and sit around forever like a dork, grow a pair and move on to another really hot girl or two. If the hot girl comes back, then ^&*% both or all of em! :P

So I say who cares, let the noob have his say. If you get your panties in a bunch over someone mentioning the return of DC (or your ex) I say don't take life so serious, besides the DC board is so slow a new post or two never hurt anyone.

My God you are so right. Sorry noob. Did you at least like the graphic I whipped up? It only took a couple of minutes and seeing as how I no training in using photoshop I thought it came out well.

Why lock the thread? Why not lock the whole forum?

It won't happen. At least, not as far as any of us know. But if the guy wants to hope and dream, then let him. You don't have to respond to this topic any more than I do. So if you don't dig it, just move on.

Not fighting here and probably won't even see if anybody responds to this. Just saying.

I am with you on this one DooMmonkey. I could see the return of DC minimates. Not Supes or the Bat though, more along the line of Creator owned characters published by DC (the spirit). I mean most of the Vertigo titles are Creator owned. Maybe when we start to see some more Vertigo films, minimates may follow. Vertigo and Great Science fiction (Blade Runner, Day the Earth Stood Still, Enders, etc) are the only things that could bring me back to minimates.

yeah this thread made me weep. I thought there may have been actual hope for the dc line returning outside of just some speculation based on a license they got because of a movie =(

most disappoint brought by a thread ever.

all in favor? I.

Edited by killcharlesdead

My God you are so right. Sorry noob. Did you at least like the graphic I whipped up? It only took a couple of minutes and seeing as how I no training in using photoshop I thought it came out well.

Actually I did like the graphic you whipped up....lol....well done.