• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very odd new blog entry up at Art Asylum

The only thing in the entry is:

59 50 12 47 89 89 3 96 74 78 12

The entry's tags are Marvel and Minimates, so what is this referring to? :huh:

59 50 12 is Cantonese Sweet & Sour Chicken,Spring Rolls & Special Fried Rice, 47 89 89 is Chicken Chow Mein & Noodles (double-helping) whilst 3 96 74 78 12 is the Special Set Menu 'A' with Special Fried Rice.

We know it's Marvel related, which helps narrow down the subject matter a little.

Assuming it is coded words, the second word (47 89 89) is three letters long, with the last two letetrs the same. How many three letter words that end in double letters are there? And do any relate to Marvel?

Also, I now want Chinese. Thanks a lot, BHM.

Edited by boyd

Maybe it's

an

actual computer error and we're all just over-acting

?

Or maybe

I just said that last statement because I'm just annoyed that I can't figure it out, since I'm only marginally sure it's not some kind of numeric substitution cipher

?

Nah.

Can we assume that does not compute references someone who might say that?

Run down of marvel robots... Macine man, ultron???

Off the top of my head:

Jocasta

Girl-Ultron

Quasimodo

the Recorder

Sentinels

Doom-bots

ISSAC

Super-Adaptoid

Of course, Wikipedia has entries for 76 characters...

Edited by boyd

I'm guessing "Short Circuit" Minimates. I don't know if "Error, does not compute" was a line from that movie or not, but it probably should have been if it wasn't.

Woman: "Hey Number 5, why don't you suck a raw egg?"

Number 5: "Error, does not compute."

etc.

The blog entry is labeled "Marvel" and "Minimates".

I was hoping there might be a clue in the AA Gallery, but so far nuthin'. Maybe it's a password for SDCC like boyd suggested?

To follow up on luke's issue-run guess, maybe the numbers relate to a year, like a character's first appearance? (Except for the 3 and the 12s, which might be clues pointing to a team or version of something?) I mean, I was just reminded of the clues in the wave 25/2628 guessing contest before.

Edited by NorthRaider

The blog entry is labeled "Marvel" and "Minimates".

Recall that a huge chunk of movies and TV shows released in the 1980s had "Marvel comic adaptations." I'm now guessing either Willow or Sledge Hammer Minimates.

DSTMatt: *laughing* Chuck, come look at this! I put some gibberish up on the website and those nuts over at the Multiverse are trying to decode it. They think its an actual message!

DSTChuck: Quiet, Matt! I'm still trying to figure out how to make Marvel waves 29 and 30 both be filled with 14 variations of Spider-man.

More thoughts:

1. Its not date-related or time-related because some of the numbers are too high

2. There is nothing hidden in the html of that page.

3. The numbers do not point to any secret page on the AA or DST web sites, because they use a CMS system that arranges things in a certain way, and it is always word related or date related

4. It is not a reverse cryptarithm.

5. Its not an ISBN number.

6. I ran the numbers through every possible cipher solving tool here, but no dice.

(I will keep updating this post as I try new things)

Edited by luke314pi