UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr. Who Time Squad

TM2 Dinobot

I bought all 3 sets for my kid (allegedly) :D

They are fantastic. Obviously not as cool as minimates but they're a lot better articulated than the Galactic Heroes. They're pretty much in scale with both Hasbro and GH. PM me if you need a hook up.

These are one of the things that inspired me to start making Dr. Who customs. I think they are awesome, and I have almost ordered a set a few times.

I hate to tempt you Luke, but I've taken a look at these in my local comic book store, and they're great. If you like or collect any Super Hero Squad figures and like modern Dr. Who, then you should pick these up.

Black dalek, bronze dalek, supreme dalek, Davros, The Doctor, Cyberman, Vashta Narada creature, Slitheen, Scarecrow, Weeping/Screaming angel (one figure, two faces, hair piece hides the non-displayed face) Pyrovile, Sycorax, Sontaran, Clockwork Robot, and an Ood. That's fifteen in all.

They're available in two packs @£4.99 or 5 packs at £8-9.99.

Honestly? I don't know the answer to that. As far as I was aware the figures in the 2 packs are exactly the same as those in the 5 packs. Have you seen any listed as variants vbpanizzi?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I got that set recently from TRU £1.99 a figure you have to buy 6 to build the master though. They're decorating my desk at work :D If any non-UK fans would like me to try and score them some then please drop me a PM.

I think the original two packs were £4.99 (coulda been £5.99 though) and the five packs were £8.99-£9.99.

These ones are single packed but each comes with a part to build the master. Assortment goes. 10th Doctor, Ood Sigma, Clockwork Robot, Cyberman, Sontaran, Weeping Angel. No Daleks which is just smurfed up if you ask me.

Crap. I still need these. :/

TM2, I'm happy to pick them up for you. A set will be £12.00. Your call dude.

Nah, thanks. What I really wanted but never got around to getting were those 3 five packs. I don't guess they're out any more though?

Crap. I still need these. :/

TM2, I'm happy to pick them up for you. A set will be £12.00. Your call dude.

Nah, thanks. What I really wanted but never got around to getting were those 3 five packs. I don't guess they're out any more though?

Two of them can be found quite easily. The downer is, the pack with Davros and the red Supreme Dalek in is nigh on impossible to find for sensible money. I've seen it on sale at £30.00!!! Considering these were a tenner at retail around 9 months ago that's a bit of stretch.

Just to really smurf you up. My son has all 3 sets. They're all jumbled up in a great big tub along with tons of Galactic Heroes and Superhero Squad :D

Siiigh...

I have the "End of Time" set in my Pile of Loot at BBTS right now, and I keep wavering on whether I should keep it or cancel it.

I mostly ordered it because of my affinity for Superhero Squad-style figures. However, I've never seen an episode of Dr. Who in my life, so I have no idea who any of these characters are aside from what I read on Wikipedia.

But, I could start watching it. However, I'm not sure if I have the time or gumption to invest in "getting into Dr. Who," which, as I understand, is an undertaking not unlike "getting into Star Trek."

And, that $34 could go towards Minimates. And if they make more, like past Doctors, I'm going to feel compulsively obligated to collect the whole line.

But I'd be spending the money anyway. And they're so cute.

Arrrghhh. Somebody talk me in to/out of these things. <_<

Edited by Lobsterman