UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ComicsPro promo

ComicsPro is an organization of comic store retailers. They share information about their businesses with each other to make comics retailing as professional as they can, it's a really good group. I'm sure they do a lot more than what I've just said, but I'm not as "inside" as I used to be with the retail side.

I guess you could ask your LCS if they are a member and if they are, they might be able to get one for you. I'm going to talk to some people and see what I can do about getting some more for members here. I'll update once I have more information.

damn, another blank i don't have, geez, where am i gonna find out of these. i'll have to snoop around the lcs i go to, se if they can get a hold of some

Go to your LCS and tell them about ComicsPro and encourage them to join, or at least inquire about joining. Maybe if they talk to the right people at ComicsPro, they'll send them some of the minimates promo if they know to ask about it. Make it happen Cap'n!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I found a shop in NJ selling these - Kinda pricey but hey at least I have one now

They had a paperbag full of them :blink: It's interesting to note that the most recent white blanks I've seen have color issues - some have what seems to be specs of dirt and some different shades of white - one of them for example had pinkish white arms

If your looking for one PM me and I will send you the link to the store - I'm not about to advertise for them at the price I paid

I'm still working my connections to try to get a quantity of this promo. I don't know if, when or how many I may get. Depending on your level of "need" or "want" you may want to look into this NJ store mentioned above. A paperbag full of them sounds great, I just hope he's not ripping people off. They are intended to be giveaways for minimates fans / customers of the retailers that attended the meeting and/or are members of the organization. I will post any new info I get here. Fingers crossed...

****Edit: I just got a promising phone call regarding these. More info when I get it, but it seems likely that I'll get a few of these to get to some members here. It's not a large amount, so I may just give some to the Staff to use as prizes.***

Edited by hulk197

• 4 weeks later...
If hulk197 hadn't posted pics, I'd be thinking these guys were fantasy. I've been watching eBay (admittedly, not overly diligently) and... nothing.

Started to feel a bit of panic, here...

I hear ya man.....I have been hunting and hunting this one with no sign

Jeff of the Miniacs

FYI guys, I contacted ComicsPro about the possibility of them selling some of these on their website. I got a reply that they could actually set up one of their affiliate stores to give me one. I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet, as the closest store is a 3 hour drive, but it is a very nice gester.

I'm sure if we should all start flooding their inbox with requests for these, but if you are desparate, it is an avenue you could try.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck through contacting the ComicsPro organization?

I finally managed to get over to Little Rock today to pick mine up. As promised, the comic store owner was holding it for me and gave it to me free of charge. Well, it wasn't exactly free, I had to stay with the in-laws for a night :blink:

post-1266-1245549667_thumb.jpg

post-1266-1245549695_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was in Orlando this week and Colosseum of Comics is a ComicsPro affiliate. Unfortunately I went to the two that had no promos in the store but the owner of the chain did say he still had some just not at the stores I was able to make it to.