UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

i just did some thing pretty cool for a new licence

i just sent DST an e mail here's what it said

"hello,i am a fan of your minimates product(a huge fan)and as some of you know,people customize and paint the minimates,well i have made a custom that you might enjoy!it is scorpion from the mortal kombat video game series.

me and many other fans of minimates would absolutely go crazy if you get a mortal kombat video game license for minimates,such as your past street fighter 2 and darkstalker minimates packs.so please take this to mind,and enjoy my custom(PS. i am a 13 year old boy)thank you".

along with it i sent pics of my scorpion minimate.hopefully, we might get a mortal kombat minimates :biggrin:

post-337-1240351186_thumb.jpg

post-337-1240351267_thumb.jpg

post-337-1240351351_thumb.jpg

post-337-1240351406_thumb.jpg

Edited by clayface1

Good for you! That's a damn fine custom & it's something they'll definitely look at. I also find it incredible that you joined this forum when you were 10/11 years old :ohmy:;) Amazing!

why thank you good sir!hopefully they think about that license..........

Edited by clayface1

It's certainly a license with a wide variety of characters and Variants.....I wouldn't mind MK as mates.

Nice custom Scorpion by the way!

RAIDEN!

And even better: Get the license for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. OWNED!

Good for you! That's a damn fine custom & it's something they'll definitely look at. I also find it incredible that you joined this forum when you were 10/11 years old :ohmy:;) Amazing!
I agree with you BHM! Awesome custom and e-mail (you MIGHT want to work on the grammar a bit though...)

Oh yeah, not to brag, but I'm also 11 years old! It's just maybe I lack the skills to do the real customs... no equipment to do it :( (I do have a few simple Mighty Mugg and Minimate digital customs though :yes:)

I agree with you BHM! Awesome custom and e-mail (you MIGHT want to work on the grammar a bit though...)

Oh yeah, not to brag, but I'm also 11 years old! It's just maybe I lack the skills to do the real customs... no equipment to do it :( (I do have a few simple Mighty Mugg and Minimate digital customs though :yes:)

What's with all the prepubescent people posting (I love alliteration, don't worry kids you'll learn about that one in high school) on this board? I have never felt older.

Oh yeah, not to brag, but I'm also 11 years old! It's just maybe I lack the skills to do the real customs... no equipment to do it :( (I do have a few simple Mighty Mugg and Minimate digital customs though :yes: )

What's with all the prepubescent people posting (I love alliteration, don't worry kids you'll learn about that one in high school) on this board? I have never felt older.

im pretty sure captian minimate is the only "prepubescent" member here

Well if we're gonna get pedantic all about it... :blink:

Pretty cool going clayface1. I don't know if DST will actually respond to it, but if Minimates actually do score the Mortal Kombat license (doubtful, given Minimates's target demographic and the game's "gore") then count me in as one potentially ecstatic collector.

I wonder who we have to write to so that Toys R Us will start selling their Minimate exclusives in branches overseas...

Nice pull sir.

Pretty cool going clayface1. I don't know if DST will actually respond to it, but if Minimates actually do score the Mortal Kombat license (doubtful, given Minimates's target demographic and the game's "gore") then count me in as one potentially ecstatic collector.

I wonder who we have to write to so that Toys R Us will start selling their Minimate exclusives in branches overseas...

I don't think that there is a place for Mortal Kombat minimates or merchandise in general. I think that the ship has sailed on that franchise as a whole. I can't believe that I am going to say this (due to my loathing of the SF mates) but 2 months or so ago would have been as good a time as any to bring back the Street Fighter mates because Street Fighter 4 was awesome. As for minimates overseas if they sell well here in the states I think that they will be available to everyone no matter the nationality bringing us (society) one step closer to a unified people. You heard it here first folks Minimates have the power to unite the World.

Your custom is cool Clayface. I applaud your gumption and apologize for referring to you as prepubescent.

Nice pull sir.

I don't think that there is a place for Mortal Kombat minimates or merchandise in general. I think that the ship has sailed on that franchise as a whole. I can't believe that I am going to say this (due to my loathing of the SF mates) but 2 months or so ago would have been as good a time as any to bring back the Street Fighter mates because Street Fighter 4 was awesome. As for minimates overseas if they sell well here in the states I think that they will be available to everyone no matter the nationality bringing us (society) one step closer to a unified people. You heard it here first folks Minimates have the power to unite the World.

Your custom is cool Clayface. I applaud your gumption and apologize for referring to you as prepubescent.

apologie excepted :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

If you want that custom to be perfect, take that slip head off (It looks like the one used on Spider-Man mates recently with the rounded top) take the head under it off, get a Ghost Rider head and use that to emulate Scorpions skull, then put slip head on and voila.

I don't think its fair to say that MK has no chance due to content. After all, we have Silence of the Lambs as a license, which was rather bloody, plus other violent movies and shows like Platoon, T2, and 24. Digital bloodshed, regardless of how graphic, is much less disturbing than the real thing.

More likely, the license wouldn't fly because Midway is closing shop. Street Fighter II's line has proven that an after the fact license isn't necessarily a powerful one, so if we aren't getting more MK games, we probably won't be getting 'mates based off of them.

All that said, the custom Scorpion looks great, and showing that off in an email to DST likely goes a lot further than the usual "Where's my (insert name here) minimate!?" messages that they get bombarded with.

Personally I'd rather have DoA mates, but that's very simply me. Think about it, if/when they do DOA5 we could her Ryu, and a Master Chief, and a Rachel. That's 3 games (Ninja Gadien, Halo and DOA) all in one license!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Personally I'd rather have DoA mates, but that's very simply me. Think about it, if/when they do DOA5 we could her Ryu, and a Master Chief, and a Rachel. That's 3 games (Ninja Gadien, Halo and DOA) all in one license!

I don't think master chief would be in dead or alive 5, maybe if they did DOA4 we'll get those characters, cool idea, fan of the game, But I think a guilty gear series would be way better!

• 7 months later...