UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Question about customizing Minimates

Hey, I'm new to the minimates scene and I'm looking to make some customs. I've seen that the heads, arms, legs and waist, hands and feet can pop right off and are interchangable. But are the knee and elbows interchangeable too or no because of the little pegs holding them together?

Also, is the board where people can post questions about which parts would work best for certain customs? For example, are there any parts out there would make a cool Ken or Guile from Street Fighter? (Anyone with camo army pants?)

Edited by MisterMiracle

The arms can easily be switched, although I've found that not every arm mold is the same size, so the arms may be extremely loose. Legs can If you boil them, otherwise thy tend to break.

Check out the "How to" Guide at the top of this section for tips (you can ask questions there too!)

I don't think there are any camo pants, but you could use a Platoon 'mate to start!

Also, head to the minimatefactory for Lee's Street Fighter decals (he has Ken and Guile)

Well - for the best catalogue of what pre-made parts are available, you need to hit up http://minimatedatabase.com/ . The guy catalogues every aspect of each figure he buys. . . and he's got almost EVERYTHING.

For help with customizing techniques, head over to http://minimatefactory.com/ . Great demo's and advise on painting, using decals, sculpting etc. . .

These are two of the best references for Collecting & Customising.

Enjoy & be sure to show off your customs here when you get into it :thumbsup:

Edit: Damn! beat me to it, the punisher=D

Edited by Nessex