UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

You know your a minimate addict when...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... when you look at other toy lines and check off which of those figures haven't been made into desired Minimates (yet) and it really bugs you.

"They've got Kang! Dragon Man! Oh man, they made the Lizard! too! Why can't we have these as 'mates?!"

Edited by Mystery Man

check off which of those figures haven't been made into desired Minimates (yet) and it really bugs you

Even worse if this happens to you in the middle of the night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzDSTshouldmakeDominonextzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

you know your a minimate addict when...

...your wife refers to "those online people" as "your little minimate family" and gets annoyed when you talk to them too much

...when you have Excel spreadsheets to track the mates you have, want[\s] need, have preordered, are in the mail etc.

BS

replace wife with mum, and i agree

See it takes what a second? tops? my eye was immediately drawn to the Minimates on the shelf. What is wrong with me?

When they went to SDCC, I'm pretty sure I saw the Minimate Ghostbusters poster in the background.

Probably My favourite thread I've seen this week. Awesome :biggrin:

My favourites so far....

"Minimate Database" is bookmarked.

You make sure the eyes on the character's head line up perfectly with the eyes on their slip-on mask (because otherwise they can't see!)

When you think of money not in it's classical denomination but in the amount of Minimates it will purchase. It's not $50 it's 7 Two packs. HAHA! :lol:

I recently passed on dinner while in town, just so I could buy one extra 2pack of Minimates. :blush:

Okay...

How about despite getting a lot of very nice presents for Christmas, all of which were ostensibly things I've said I wanted, no one buys you any of the current boxed sets you refrained from purchasing for yourself despite repeated hints on your part that that's what you'd really like for Christmas (even going so far as to include web links to Luke's toy store in your wishlist document) and then no one gets them for you, so you quietly consider it a disappointing Christmas.

Or then realising you can't just buy them for yourself, because you already pre-spent your personal spending money for the next few months on pre-orders, so you claim you've just got a headache or allegeries acting up when your wife askes "Why are you in a bad mood today?".

And there nothing wrong with excel worksheets. Until they start to get bigger than 500 KB, and include pages of redundant, color coded information for tracking purposes. (minimates.xls is currently 527 KB, and has 11 different worksheets in it)

Or the idea of spending over $100 on a single minmate set starts to sound more and more reasonable.

I knew no one was getting me Minimates for Christmas, so I ordered the Cap Marvel/Black Bolt 2 pack from TRU.com and put it in my stocking for myself to open on Christmas morning :)

My sister knew I liked Minimates, so she went to the comic shop and picked up something that "looked sort of like them." They were Batman Cosbabies. She actually got me 2 of the ones I most liked from the series, though (Classic Batman and Robin), so that wasn't too bad. :lol:

Or the idea of spending over $100 on a single minmate set starts to sound more and more reasonable.

........when you check the Minmate section of ebay regularly.........to see if there is anything that everybody else might have missed :P

Well... yeah... they only made two series of those before they realized how much a second 'i' would help their marketing plan. :blush:

You know your a Minimate addict when...

You've had a few sleepless nights recently.. and sit up wondering.. just how the hell did I manage without them before???

Speaking from a relatively new minimate collector.. this definately applies to me.. I've collected lots of other lines but this one rocks!! :biggrin:

When you once accidently come across a webpage seeing a single really nice and innocent block-figure you could imagine to own, while quitting collecting toys for a decade, and then you end up being a member of this place and putting the thought "could easily buy minimates there" on your pro-list, when thinking about studing for a semester abroad in New York.

:geek:

When you get $10.00 worth of "R" Us dollars in the mail for spending so mush $ on minimates (and some other stuff) at TRU, and then go to TRU, with youngest daughter, and buy a box set that you don't really want, but have to get because there isn't anything else worth buying, even for said youngest daughter :unsure: , because you NEED to use those coupons before they expire, and they are burning a hole in your pocket.

BS

When you are setting up your waves 31 and 32 on your display shelves and curse, and from the other room your wife already knows that you cursed because of the domino effect that happens when one minimate falls down and then another and then another etc etc etc, adding significant time to the process.