UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

You know your a minimate addict when...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know your a minimate addict when your buying two of every mate so you can display them both one with the mask on and one with mask off.

or so that you have a back up in case the other fails. If I have one of something I have two of it. Damn OCD.

-When you re-arrange your living room furniture so that you can better see your Minimates :(

-When you never pass by a new Minimate in the store without buying it, despite the fact that you may not want it.

-When you own about 30 Captain America Minimates, and about 50 Spidermen

Edited by karamazov80

when you turn the house upside down when you loose one

when you cry if you break one

if you do anything to fix one if you mess it up

... Dammit i'm addicted

....when you've read all the reviews at minimatescentral.

Twice.

I know I'm going to sound like an @$$hole, but I've ignored this longer than I wanted to...

"You know you'rE a Minimate addict, when..."

:rolleyes:

:lol: I spent a good week trying not to make an a-hole post in the "Star War Minimates" thread, but then it moved from the front page and I could breathe again...

• 2 months later...

Minimate Collecting: Occupational Hazards

• Losing really small parts. Unless you have a really good eye (or experience in menial work that involves "lots of fiddly bits"), expect said parts to be lost forever. I'm looking at you, Clobberin' Time Thing cigar.
  • Completist syndrome. The line's only been around since 2003. Should be easy to get 'em all, right? Right?
  • The Great Block Figure Debate. God help you if you cross paths with any of those people.
  • License lottery luck-outs. No official Star Wars 'mates, but at least we've got Desperately Seeking Susan.
  • Competition. See: Capitalism.
  • Scalpers. See: Capitalism.
  • Potential size-shipping fee discrepancy. See: Capitalism.
  • Peer pressure. "Make Kang!"
  • OCD. Minimate masks and eyeholes.
  • Life imitates art. The Clone Saga. (Also: anytime a custom gets "retired"... you know why.)
  • Making up stories/Falling out of touch with reality. "... and then Jack Bauer aids the X-Men in fending off the Cylon menace, while Marty McFly gets recruited into the Enterprise. And the Justice League and the Avengers get lost in space and are saved by Clint Eastwood, Mr. T and Samuel L. Jackson. And then Hannibal Lecter shows up and just eats everybody. And I need more AIM agents."
  • Fandom jargon. You're collecting two-inch-tall block figures; expect at least one casual conversation of yours to be mistaken for some messed-up double entendre.
  • Finance. Seen your credit card bill lately? (Also see: Completist syndrome.)
  • Gateway addiction. When you're "browsing" for in-scale vehicles. Or Lego parts. Or customizing supplies. Or old comics/DVDs. Or bandwidth.
  • Addiction enablers. *cough*

... when you're not fazed by "Hulk" and "duck feet" appearing in the same sentence.

... at least once in your life you've had to tell somebody "THEY'RE NOT LEGO MEN!!!"

... you have a high tolerance for release date "estimates."

... you've experienced the (sometimes fruitless) agony of waiting for your favorite character/license to come out in Minimate form.

... "Minimate Database" is bookmarked.

... regardless of what license you actually collect, you're bound to own at least one Spider-Man.

... you can name at least three other obscure block figure types that remind you vaguely of Minimates.

... Hasbro becomes your arch-nemesis.

duuude the lego thing happens to me. :blush:

...you take time off of work so you can check TRU for new 'mates.

Thankfully they're not too nosy at work and I didn't have to lie. Although I had prepared a story about a cloud of grasshoppers abducting my youngest niece and that I was the only warrior valiant enough to reclaim her.

Savin' that one for later.

You know you're a minimate addict when....

you substitute minimates for food.

you check ebay every hour with various search combinations to find those mates you still are missing or extreme rarities.

you keep getting the same minimate over and over just because you like it.

you lose count of how many minimates you have.

your eyes light up every time you find them at a store.

you have cold sweats at night or that itch until you get the next wave or package.

you don't leave the store until you find a minimate (looking in the cracks) and annoy the staff.

you get both the comic shop pack and mass market pack even if the minimate looks the same.

you use your entire two weeks pay on minimates.

you can use your collection to trade for any minimate.

you meet someone you didn't know collects minimates and think you have found your lost minimate brother.

yes you not only get annoyed when people call them lego, but you also get annoyed at people who still don't know what minimates are!

you punch the guy who called them ugly!

you save every picture, art, poster of a minimate to make your own.

it doesn't matter to you what's the license, it's a minimate.

you can't find a good reason to stop buying minimates.

you start looking like one.

• 6 months later...

Lastnight on Fox there was a Simpsons retrospective and at one point the question was posed Why do you love the Simpsons? then there were several people who say Homer. The woman in this picture was onscreen long enough to say Homer take a moment and say homer I'll wait. See it takes what a second? tops? my eye was immediately drawn to the Minimates on the shelf. What is wrong with me?

post-955-1263274947_thumb.jpg