UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

and I'm back!

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello. I've been reading for a while but have never made any posts, and then I decided to join a few weeks ago.

I thought I would share my story with the 'verse. Basically I got into these guys long back when Powerslave had come out. I was at a Sam Goody about a year or so before it went out of business. I saw an Iron Maiden action figure for sale there, I couldn't make out the price, but I thought "well there aren't too many iron maiden figs out there...." so I went up the counterand paid for it, turned out to be $1.99! So after owning him for about a week, I realized he was actually pretty damn cool. So I went back to Sam Goody, and I took all the rest off the shelf---probably like 5 or 6, 2 of which turned out to be Ozzy's. And when I went to the counter, the girl scanned the first one and said "...huh these were supposed to get destroyed, we haven't sold many at all" DESTROYED?!??!? just think of all the original 3" that didn't make...

I did some research on the internet, I guess this was around early 2003, and there realyl was not much info about minimates, I learned that there were a few other sets roaming the earth, and I decided I would collect them all, boy what a mistake that idea was hahaha. I bought Crouching Tiger (which was a movie I thought was cool, but I wasn't a huge fan) and I also got the Bruce Lee's (minus immortal dragon which was impossible to find, I ended up with 2 ascension of the dragons, the guy on ebay thought he would trick me I guess). I also got the Rock 'mates set and the Dark Angel--a show I never watched.

Then the marvel mates came into play, I was actualyl disappointed they shrank them down to 2." I only bought 3 sets of them and I fell out of the game because I thought they were way overpriced, and I still think they are. I stopped collecting them until about a month ago where I stumbled upon a punisher in my garage. Now I'm sorry I sold my Bruce Lee's and Crouching Tiger's on ebay..rats! Oh well, I will never be a completist or anywhere near that in order to keep things under control, I am now just buying here and there--the ones I really like. I am looking forward to the terminator sets, those look awesome!! and the GB look great too!

So thats the end of my long, excrutiatingly detailed, anticlimactic welcome story!

Whoa... a veteran of the 3-incher mates, I see.

Welcome to the Multiverse! Not surprisingly, a lot of us are into the current 2-inch lines. (The only 3-incher I own is Sauron from Lord of the Rings, which I paid waaaaaaay too much for :lol:) Doesn't make this place any less enjoyable though ;)