UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Help

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing (hoping) that the DA set will be available on DST's site after the con?? It isn't AFX, so that's my reason for asking.

Aw, sh**... :(

One of the sets last year wasn't an AFX set either (Invaders I think?) and they were just as easy to get online right after. If we go by the last few years, AFX will probably have all the sets up for preorder a while before SDCC, and they'll ship a day or two after the con. From what I remember BBTS takes a little while longer to get the sets in stock, but they'll have them too.

Seriously, from everything we've seen, 2000 sets is more than enough. They take a long time to sell out, if they even do (some of the old exclusives were still on BBTS last time I checked).

• 2 weeks later...
One of the sets last year wasn't an AFX set either (Invaders I think?) and they were just as easy to get online right after. If we go by the last few years, AFX will probably have all the sets up for preorder a while before SDCC, and they'll ship a day or two after the con. From what I remember BBTS takes a little while longer to get the sets in stock, but they'll have them too.

Seriously, from everything we've seen, 2000 sets is more than enough. They take a long time to sell out, if they even do (some of the old exclusives were still on BBTS last time I checked).

K, thanks.

I'm just panicking. :unsure:

If DST offers extras of their exclusives at WWC, I may be able to pick up a couple for some people. Can't make any promises though. ;)

Am I correct saying that DST has 2 exclusives (ghostbusters and dark avengers) and AFX has 4 (thunderbolts, champions, T2: Cyberdine Attack, and Keychains)?

would anyone be able to pick me up a bunch of stuff and have it shipped? I would be willing to pay you for your time. I am looking to get 2 each of the Mighty muggs, 3.75" Luke Skywalker in X-Wing gear, and Minimates. Pm or email me if you think you want to help.

Thanks,

Kyle

If DST offers extras of their exclusives at WWC, I may be able to pick up a couple for some people. Can't make any promises though. ;)

If they're at WWC(a.k.a. "Chicago-Comic-Con" now :rolleyes:), I can get them all by myself, and even help others out. The past couple years, though, SDCC's been getting more exclusives, and Chicago's been getting less. <_<

Let's just hope with it being after San Diego again this year, that we'll get the leftovers. :unsure:

Edited by TENIME_art

If AFX sells their exclusives on their site and DST sells theirs through Toys R Us, then I won't need any help. It's the freebie keychains that AFX has and the potential freebies that DST and others might have that I'll be trolling eBay for.

I think I may be going. I already have my SDCC tix for Thursday and Sunday (my friends took too long buying tickets for the other 2 days) and I would at least like to run around with some MMMV folk. We should make some custom Minimate Multiverse T shirts too wear!

If anybody attending SDCC 09 can give this "trapped" canadian a hand please shoot me a PM. All I'm looking for is 3 of the Dark Avengers 2 sets and 3 of the Venkman / Stay Puft exclusives. The rest I can obtain via AFX. Thanks.

I'm bummed out about not making it this year. It was really cool back in 2007 to meet some of you there.

I really want anything that is going to be exclusive to the con. Stay Puft! That thing rocks! So ya, if anyone is feeling altruistic, I'd love any minis that are exclusive to the show and I'd be happy to paypal the cost plus shipping.

Vox

SLC, UT

And hopefully my final edit to this list.

BOTH DA sets are now available for pre-order on DSTs site. Therefore, i no longer need number 2.

My list is now:

Stay Puft/GB2 Peter

Green Keychain

Thanks!!

I saw the DA sets listed as "wish list." I have never used that function before. Is that like a request to be notified when they come up for pre-order?

Any idea on how much the key chains are going to go for on ebay? I have a feeling I'm going to want all 4 and I'll probably have to cough up some cash.. :(

I've never gone to ebay for the freebies so I was wondering if anyone knows how bad it gets?

Thanks