UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Help

So, my only way of getting any SDCC exclusives, let alone the Minimate ones, has just announced that she won't even be buying anything for herself, let alone anyone else. So, I'm kinda screwed.

I'm making this thread (if it's in the wrong place, I apologize, and if someone could move it to where it needs to be, but will still be seen, please/thank you) not only for myself, but others in my position.

Is there anyone who is physically going to San Diego Comic Con, who could help out other board members, such as myself?

Post if you can help, or post if you need help (but mention how you plan to finance).

I need help, and I can pay upfront via Paypal.

Anyone else?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still hovering about going but I'll need somebody to drink with :yes:

If I go, I'll definitely drink with you BHM. I'm in Pennsylvania (East coast) so I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to get out there. It's a little early for those plans, but we'll see. Cheers!

The Minimates should all be available through either AFX, BBTS, and/or other retailers. Unless that last two years were flukes, then these aren't the exclusives that you would need "someone on the ground" to help out with.

Edited by karamazov80

I can't make it either, but as Karamazov stated above, the regular exclusives that are for sale shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of after the con. AFX is still selling their exclusives from last year on their site, and I also have seen them in Newbury Comics out my way. The give aways, if there are going to be any, are what will be difficult for us no-goers to get.

BS

The Minimates should all be available through either AFX, BBTS, and/or other retailers. Unless that last two years were flukes, then these aren't the exclusives that you would need "someone on the ground" to help out with.

I can't make it either, but as Karamazov stated above, the regular exclusives that are for sale shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of after the con. AFX is still selling their exclusives from last year on their site, and I also have seen them in Newbury Comics out my way. The give aways, if there are going to be any, are what will be difficult for us no-goers to get.

I hope so... :unsure:

Hopefully people will be allowed to get one of each of the AFX keychains at SDCC. I mean, ever heard of how the SDCC clear blanks were distributed last year? Good gravy, you had to come to the booth EVERY DAY to get one blank of each color, an it's not even a guarantee...

SDCC 2008.

I of course went to SDCC for the 'whole deal' & I thoroughly enjoyed the experience but these freebies are actually a pain in the ass. I don't wait in line too well at the best of times but when the time came I became one of the animals in the zoo at feeding time. There was so many things I missed at SDCC, seminars ,events,shows etc. to get some of the stuff given out & I wouldn't go to SDCC again purely to do so. Nor should anybody unless the economics work for them.

I got my supposed SDCC exclusives & arrived home with most of it bent & creased ....only to purchase it later....much later. The Promos given out were readily available on ebay....... eventually less than $16 or so each.

I do however feel that the stakes are higher this year because of an upsurge in Minimate interest & the recent scarcity of Uni Spock etc. ......... so who knows?

I haven't gone, and probably never will. But if I did, it surely wouldn't be to wait in line for toys. Like BHM says, you invest all that time, money, and energy, only to save maybe $100-200 over what you would pay on EBay for all that crap? Forget it.

But then, as much as I love toys, I don't think I could ever justify going to a convention that wasn't more than an hour and a half drive or so, and that was very cheap to get into. Maybe I would violate this rule if I could meet some of my fellow Multiversers, but not for the convention itself. I don't care about seeing celebrities in person, you get the gist of what goes on (including trailers and things) online, you can get the toys online, and you don't have to deal with mobs of sweaty geeks, which sounds like a real nightmare to me. Honestly, I don't get the popularity.