UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet a whole lot of you wouldn't have voted for Mohawk Storm if you had found out about wave 29 =/ Now we're going to get another lame Storm.

I actually would have still voted for her (if i HAD voted for her in the first place. And considering how she's doing at the moment, i wish i had). I'd like to split my x-men into teams. Jim Lee's Gold Team, Outback X-Men, Astonishing etc . . .

At the moment - they are all together in one big hotch-potch of a team who's costumes span about 25 years. :huh:

mid-80s X-Men > early 90s X-Men

Yeah . . . . i agree for the most part, but there are some truely awesome stroies that i loved in the 90's, plus it was the era i first started reading in - so i am a bit soft for it :wub:

plus it was the era i first started reading in - so i am a bit soft for it :wub:

That's probably the reason I feel the way that I do, as well ;)

Started in the mid 70's. (yes, I am old) Which explains why I think Simon should have stuck with the jacket, and Beast should still be an Avenger. (and an ape man, bu that's a whole other ball of wax) I watched the whole New X-Men stuff happen as it came out, was there when Wolfman & Perez rebuilt the Titans, enjoyed the hieght of the JLA sattilite years, saw Spidey meet the Punisher and the Rocket Racer... and the Big Wheel, and watched in confusion as the Avengers went from arguably their strongest run (150 to 200) to their lowest point (Um, I know Hank is nuts, but a violent, cranky wife beater, the Hell?) and back again (the Stern era).

My favorite X-men era was the post-brood years, Claremont hadn't become a cliche yet, Paul Smith and JRJR were on the art chores, Nimrod was running around somehow looking cool despite being a strawberry jolly rancher by design. Good times.

We all knew it was coming, but it doesn't hurt any less: Spider-Man is #1 in the poll!

2-Captain Marvel (that's what happens when people think you've won and stop voting)

3-Storm (vote Storm!)

4-Beyonder (sigh)

(And yes, I know the addition of the TRU poll makes keeping track of this one pointless... but still.)

I think that seems like a reasonable final set. The world-at-large may not yet be ready for Molecule Man. . .but if so, I think he would look fine in a TRU exclusive 2-pack with Secret Wars Doom or energy form Cap Marvel.

Edited by karamazov80

Great!!!!

So the 1 vote i had which i gave to Molecule Man is now pretty much wasted.

I knew i should have voted for Storm.

This poll is bumming me out. If we lose Storm from the top 4 as well, i'll be really glum. :(

I think the TRU exposure is a double edged sword. Yes, we are just about guaranteed to get Spidey, but we are also just about guaranteed to get Storm. I can live with that.

I think the TRU exposure is a double edged sword. Yes, we are just about guaranteed to get Spidey, but we are also just about guaranteed to get Storm. I can live with that.

Sorry to ask, but i think i've missed a post somewhere: Am i to understand that TRU are ALSO conducting a poll to determin the contents of this box-set?

Sorry to ask, but i think i've missed a post somewhere: Am i to understand that TRU are ALSO conducting a poll to determin the contents of this box-set?

Yep.

Captain Monica... that's all I'm looking for outtah this.

Vote Early, Vote Often

Edited by Mirymate

I think what most people are failing to realize is that NO ONE HAS SAID if these minimates don't get released in THIS specific box set, we'll never see them again.

And I quote:

The poll is just what it says, it’s a poll to decide which figures go into the set, it’s NOT a poll that says if say Spider-Man does not win we’ll never make him, all those figures are very possible… Please don’t try and distort the poll by trying to figure out which figures will have to be in the set to be made. IF the set does not sell then TRU might not make more box sets or trust another poll. This type of thing has happened before. My advise is just vote for the one that you want to see in that set and don’t worry about the rest… those figures could very well come back in later waves… I mean come on do you really think I’d close the door on a Spidey design?

The poll is to see which of the four get in the boxset. However, that does not mean they're not going to be made EVER.

Don't fret if Molecule Man doesn't make it. DST and AA have been quite good to us over the past couple years, and I don't see this good will ending anytime soon. So don't worry - I, too, would love all of these mates.

But if a Spider-Man and Storm in the boxset ups sales and encourages TRU to try this again, then I'm all for waiting a bit to get Molecule and SW Doom.

Yep.

Captain Monica... that's all I'm looking for outtah this.

Vote Early, Vote Often

Do we have linkage to the Toys'R'Us poll?

I think what most people are failing to realize is that NO ONE HAS SAID if these minimates don't get released in THIS specific box set, we'll never see them again.

Ah, but they haven't said with certainty that they will appear elsewhere either.

Ironically, Storm and Spidey are the two most likely of the designs to turn up in a regular minimates wave, yet these are two of the most likely to make the cut. At the other end of the voting, Ben Grimm, who it would take one heck of a rally to get him in, also is likely to see release, probably as a variant of some FF themed pack. (We all know we're getting another Thing eventually)

I am not ignorant of the benifits of having one, or both, in the set. But there are some of these characters for who this may be their best shot at seeing production. Sure we've gotten odd 2 packs before, and probably have them again. And if Owen and Monica were popular enough characters, they'd probably be leading in the poll and we wouldn't need to be worried. But all things considered, it feels somewhat like a carrot hanging just out of reach.

And besides, Panicy overstatements are what keep the internet running, aren't they?