UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine Movie wave now in stock at TRU.cm

groundhog7s

Damn that's cool. Silver fox arms you say?

Yup. It's like they planned the colors to be compatible. Hmm...;) The only thing i don't like is the addition of the wrist-strap paintapp on the back of the wrists. While very accurate to Fox's outfit, they make Maverick look wierd from behind. :blush:

And yes, Robo, Maverick is Zero. I only know this because of my X-Men Encyclopedia Volume 2, which lists additional aliases for the given characters. B) I always knew the character as Maverick, from the 90s cartoon no less :D, so i prefer that name for him.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the coat Zero comes with a waist-length, or a trench?

I keep wondering, with Zero or Sabertooth's trench and the molds for his cards and staff already made (and unlikely to find a use anywhere else), if there isn't a movie version of Gambit in the works. The Iron Man Desert Ambush set was a surprise nobody saw coming, and I'm sure they could move sets with a few extra key characters from W:O (Gambit, Baraka Deadpool, Emma...)

Is the coat Zero comes with a waist-length, or a trench?

I keep wondering, with Zero or Sabertooth's trench and the molds for his cards and staff already made (and unlikely to find a use anywhere else), if there isn't a movie version of Gambit in the works. The Iron Man Desert Ambush set was a surprise nobody saw coming, and I'm sure they could move sets with a few extra key characters from W:O (Gambit, Baraka Deadpool, Emma...)

God, if Tim were here he'd KILL ME for replying so much in one day, but i'm that bored. It's waist length.

Trust me, i was thinking the same thing, but there are two complications they'd have to get around. Sabretooth's coat is specifically made for thin-haired fellows, as in non-Tayolr Kitsch-es. The hair'd have to flow awkwardly. The second is the card-throwing. I love that you brought up the fact that DST has no other purpose for these, so they must have something planned in the future. But from what we can tell from the previews, it's really just his fingers that glow, or the end of the staff. (BTW, that's disapppointing if true) Can anyone who's seen it already (as in PIRATES gasp!!) clarify.

But i would love to see a box set come out of this. I expected an SDCC one though. Seems like the perfect environment for it. And i concur to that line-up, if they could get Remy to work.

And yes, Robo, Maverick is Zero. I only know this because of my X-Men Encyclopedia Volume 2, which lists additional aliases for the given characters. B) I always knew the character as Maverick, from the 90s cartoon no less :D, so i prefer that name for him.

I've Wikied Maverick/Agent Zero and come up with some info that confuses me. It lists his powers as 'Maverick's primary mutant power is an ability to absorb the kinetic energy generated by an impact without harm to himself. While there are limits to this power, Maverick is able to survive falls from tremendous heights, energy blasts, and being struck by superhumanly strong foes without being injured.' It varies a bit - but it's basically all about shooting energy. For some reason, i thought his powers were that he could see into the very near future - which meant he could see the outcome of a fight & decide whether or not to continue the battle based on his visions. EG: If he saw himself losing, he would leave the fight. He may have been able to use it to help avoid fatal shots or blows . . .?

Does anyone else remember this? Or did i have a brain tumour for breakfast?

Awesome job on the Agent Zero in his combat dress...I am totally gonna need to score some extras now to pull that one off! I would have totally liked that version better then the boring suit one but hey, a mate is a mate in the end. Again great work...and I was over in your customs thread just now too....more movie awesomeness there too....if they dont throw us a bone with a boxset to round out the cast I may have to hit you up for some work there man!

Jeff of the Miniacs

But from what we can tell from the previews, it's really just his fingers that glow, or the end of the staff. (BTW, that's disapppointing if true) Can anyone who's seen it already (as in PIRATES gasp!!) clarify.

I saw it. The movie actually came out yesterday in Korea, so no piracy here. It is just Gambit's fingers and eyes that glow, and the ends of whatever he's charging (i.e. card edges, end of his staff etc.).

I was considering leaving this wave, but like the Hulk and Iron Man mates before them... I saw the film, I want them. Will have to search ebay desperately for a Silver Fox as well *swoon*

Just got back from my local TRU. I got the only 2 Exclusive wolvie packs they had out 1 each of Silver Fox and Agent Zero, and also I couldnt turn down the Blob pack lol. They also still 2-3 union jack packs left and a few of the heroes/villians 2 packs, I almost got the wolvie/magneto pack but decided id just get the 4 packs instead

But from what we can tell from the previews, it's really just his fingers that glow, or the end of the staff. (BTW, that's disapppointing if true) Can anyone who's seen it already (as in PIRATES gasp!!) clarify.

I saw it. The movie actually came out yesterday in Korea, so no piracy here. It is just Gambit's fingers and eyes that glow, and the ends of whatever he's charging (i.e. card edges, end of his staff etc.).

Is it any dang good?

I need to know.

Edited by Trekker 42

I've Wikied Maverick/Agent Zero and come up with some info that confuses me. It lists his powers as 'Maverick's primary mutant power is an ability to absorb the kinetic energy generated by an impact without harm to himself. While there are limits to this power, Maverick is able to survive falls from tremendous heights, energy blasts, and being struck by superhumanly strong foes without being injured.' It varies a bit - but it's basically all about shooting energy. For some reason, i thought his powers were that he could see into the very near future - which meant he could see the outcome of a fight & decide whether or not to continue the battle based on his visions. EG: If he saw himself losing, he would leave the fight. He may have been able to use it to help avoid fatal shots or blows . . .?

Does anyone else remember this? Or did i have a brain tumour for breakfast?

So - no-one remembers this but me, hey?

Is it any dang good?

I need to know.

I'm not anywhere near close to being an expert on the whole comic accuracy/reinterpretation issue. However, I found it a really fun film to watch. It's not the best comic book adaptation ever, but I would definitely recommend it, and I'll probably watch it again. Some of the action is a little over the top at times, which may bug you if you wanted a more believable style, but for my personal tastes it was fine.

I saw the movie at midnight last night, and my impressions ended up being very meh. My biggest issue was that they seemed to rush through things far too quickly. Scenes with somewhat emphasized characters (such as the blob and deadpool) end up being small cameos, which was dissapointing, but I think my biggest gripe with it was if you didn't know comics, you might not know what the hell was even going on. For example, my brother came out of the movie and asked me "so, really dumb question, but wolverines brother was sabertooth right?". That sort of summed it up, there are a lot of assumptions that you know who the characters are, and some really important moments in wolvies past are sort of skimmed over. It was by no means a bad movie, I would probably even say it is better than xmen 3, but it certainly does not touch the quality of xmen 1 or 2. I would recommend seeing it at least, but don't have super high expectations.

I agree with Randymarsh that the average movie-goer would be left behind a little, as a couple of plot points were skimmed over. However, I don't think it's a significant problem. I would say it's a lot better than X3, but not as good as X1 or X2. I didn't mind too much that the other characters didn't get that much screen time. Yes, it would have been nice, but this was a 'Wolverine' movie first and foremost, which is fair enough. The problem was that in the promos and trailers, these characters were hyped up, making us expect they would have a bigger role.

It still didn't make me want to buy the 'mates like the Iron Man movie did, if that can be a judge of a film's quality. They seem to have a couple of nice parts, but not visually exciting in the way the IM ones were.

Just thought I'd let ya all know that toys r us in white plains ny has these all stocked up, including a bunch of union jack and wonderman sets. i ended up buyin the wolverine wave eventho i said i wasn't going to, i really wanted the villains, but now i have soooooooo many wolvie's arrg...i really wish they could have put 2 villains in a few 2packs and maybe released 1 or 2 wolvies to go with them that would have been plenty--and where is gambit, and the cool version of deadpool from the end of the movie, why did we get the ryan reynolds version??

Honestly, this would have been a cool opportunity to do a Wolverine through the ages set, but from the different time periods we see him in towards the beginning of the movie. It would have given us much more interesting versions of Logan than what we got (which, I do think, are pretty cool even though there are many).

I liked the movie pretty well, and I like the Minimates based on it pretty well too. I have a few problems with the pairings though.

The Agent Zero set seemed alright, since Logan was wearing that shirt when they had their little encounter in the film.

The "wife beater" Logan would have been better with Blob, since he wore that during their scene together.

Pity Wraith couldn't get a figure, since he had more screen time than probably Blob and Deadpool put together (I'm not counting Weapon XI towards Deadpool's screen time) Plus, out of everyone, he's probably the only one who could substitute as his comic book counterpart.