UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine Movie wave now in stock at TRU.cm

groundhog7s

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a full set at TRU in Lafayette, IN this morning. Picked up one each of the exclusives. Have the full set on order from BBTS. Saw some left overs of the Heroes/Villians sets minus WM/UJ. Guess I missed them!

Saw these at my local TRU today, as well. Still haven't seen the wave 2 figures. I didn't plan on getting many of these, but when I saw them in person. . .I couldn't resist myself :( Boring as all the Wolvie variants seemed at first, they actually are pretty cool in person.

I love the TRU waves for the simple fact that I have a TRU in town. Add that to the fact that I am probably the only minimate collector in my little burb and it makes it even easier to pick up any and all exclusives. The only thing that would make it more awesome is that if they started carrying the speciality exclusives too. I can't go to my LCS because I went cold turkey a couple years ago and all it would take to get back in is one trip there. I had to buy a whole case of mates to get him to order any.

Found the Wolverine mates today at my TRU. Picked up a Wolverine/Deadpool because I like Deadpool. (His swords can be put in scabbards on his back) And also the Wolverine/Agent Zero and Wolverine/Silver Fox 2-packs for trading maybe... Though I doubt anyone will be willing to trade the minimates I'm looking for still for them.

Saw a full set at TRU in Lafayette, IN this morning. Picked up one each of the exclusives. Have the full set on order from BBTS. Saw some left overs of the Heroes/Villians sets minus WM/UJ. Guess I missed them!

Actually, that's my fault.

Sorry.

It may be my fault too. I haven't been there to check for quite a while. I'm okay with shouldering some of the blame! ;)

Edited by dark knight

Okay, I'll bite.

What are you looking for?

A lot of the hard ones to find from what I understand...

Nightcrawler

Colossus (GSX)

Storm (GSX)

Iron Fist

Power Man

Tarantula

Spider-Woman II (black/white)

Professor X

Any non-U.S. member that doesn't yet have and needs a loose Silver Fox set, shoot me a PM. Will sell for cost.

This is open to U.S. domestic folk, too. I've got a couple of these, and intended to help someone out here with them, so let me know.

Will also trade.

Edited by karamazov80

Y'know, after getting a better look at all of these Minimates, I think my favorite is flannel shirt Wolverine from the pack with Agent Zero. He is my beer drinking Wolvie. I think Agent Zero is pretty lame, though.

I prefer to think of the one as 'wife-beating' Wolverine.

Y'know, after getting a better look at all of these Minimates, I think my favorite is flannel shirt Wolverine from the pack with Agent Zero. He is my beer drinking Wolvie. I think Agent Zero is pretty lame, though.

The flannel shirt one is 'Lumberjack' Wolverine to me (and in my head, he puts on woman's clothing and hangs around in bars).

The flannel shirt one is 'Lumberjack' Wolverine to me (and in my head, he puts on woman's clothing and hangs around in bars).

Oddly enough, as I was picking up the Wolverine / Agent Zero pack at TRU, my wife looked at it and asked if I really needed a lumberjack Wolverine.

Honestly, I'm surprised that ol' "wife beater" Wolvie is an exclusive. In the commercial he seems to be wearing that outfit a lot more than the he does "Logan"'s vest (that comes with Sabretooth).

Edited by karamazov80

Well, Zero isn't toally a miss. While i hate the idea of a plain old Asian-in-suit minimate, Maverick is very ycrucial to Logan's history, just as much as Stryker, Remy, or Wade, and he looks to have a bigger role in the film then i assumed at first. I like how accurate his mini is, but would have loved extra arms to make his jactketless "Weapon X" scene (according the trailers; i'm no bootlegger) style.

Also, and i only realized this last night, i prefer his bulletproof vest look MUCH more to this. It's shown in one of the more recent trailers, and it appears to be him training or something. Well, if you have a spare Fox, SpecOps Logan, and Zero, like me ;):P, you can take a slap her arms, Logan's legs minus belt, and Zero's head and hands onto a Blonksy Vest. Add pistols and there you have it. He looks great in the group, looks more interesting than suited-version, and both look cool side-by-side. Just a thought for fellow Quick-customizers. :D

Well, Zero isn't toally a miss. While i hate the idea of a plain old Asian-in-suit minimate, Maverick is very ycrucial to Logan's history, just as much as Stryker, Remy, or Wade, and he looks to have a bigger role in the film then i assumed at first. I like how accurate his mini is, but would have loved extra arms to make his jactketless "Weapon X" scene (according the trailers; i'm no bootlegger) style.

Also, and i only realized this last night, i prefer his bulletproof vest look MUCH more to this. It's shown in one of the more recent trailers, and it appears to be him training or something. Well, if you have a spare Fox, SpecOps Logan, and Zero, like me ;):P, you can take a slap her arms, Logan's legs minus belt, and Zero's head and hands onto a Blonksy Vest. Add pistols and there you have it. He looks great in the group, looks more interesting than suited-version, and both look cool side-by-side. Just a thought for fellow Quick-customizers. :D

wait a sec is agent0 maverick? because i thought they were seperate people

Agent Zero = Maverick

Agent Zero is his more recent codename in the comics, so the movie went with that.

I am super excited, as my local TRU got in minimates finally! I picked up the TRU Spidey & Goblin, and the Silver Fox exclusive! Yay!

BTW, does anyone want to trade for just the TRU Green Goblin? I just wanted Spider-Man.

I would like to see a pic of this one as I think this look would have been way cooler

Jeff of the Miniacs

Agent Zero = Maverick

Agent Zero is his more recent codename in the comics, so the movie went with that.

I am super excited, as my local TRU got in minimates finally! I picked up the TRU Spidey & Goblin, and the Silver Fox exclusive! Yay!

BTW, does anyone want to trade for just the TRU Green Goblin? I just wanted Spider-Man.

Is Maverick Asian though?

I always thought Maverick was Caucasian, w/ brown hair. Agent zero is Asian w/ black hair.

I would like to see a pic of this one as I think this look would have been way cooler

Jeff of the Miniacs

Your wish is my command, my master. :P

Behold, "Maverick":

2qsvy11.jpg

And, Punisher:

Deadpool also has scars and is psychotic, but alas he wears a tank-top and looks liek a serious veteran cop. Blame the movie for this one, but the idea of an Asian as "Maverick" could get interesting if he acts well.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face