UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates in need of a redo

MST3KFan

Looking over some of my older minimates where they had the bigger feet and not as detailed looks about them, it got me thinking...

Who in Marvel Minimates needs a redo?

Sure we've gotten a number of redos in Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc... More popular characters.

But there are some that could use a re-working, right?

Daredevil is a prime example of a MM in need of being redone of course.

A new Nightcrawler would be cool too for those whom haven't gotten him, or for those whom would maybe like a more detailed one (bendy tail maybe?)

What are you, fellow MM collectors thoughts?

Heck, it could be even more newer minimates that could use a redo.

Doctor Octopus: Needs better tenticles (with articulation).

Absorbing Man: They never really captured the likeness of the character IMO. He needs a sculpted head with big honkin' brow bones and his big goofy ears.

I don't think Daredevil needs to be redone at all, since the Marvel Knights version is pretty much perfect.

The one that jumps out to me is Juggernaut. With all the time they've spent trying to make the Hulk bigger, this is one puny guy that really needs some size. That big helmet makes him look like a little kid. A Powerhouse Rhino would also be nice.

If you're going to redo Powerhouse versions, Colossus should be in there too.

I'd love to see a redo of Doc Ock also, but more for the weird fat belly than the tentacles. I'd also love to see a fantastic Four that have matching outfits (and non-1960's hair for Sue) and an updated Bruce Banner without sculpted glasses.

If you're going to redo Powerhouse versions, Colossus should be in there too.

I'd love to see a redo of Doc Ock also, but more for the weird fat belly than the tentacles. I'd also love to see a fantastic Four that have matching outfits (and non-1960's hair for Sue) and an updated Bruce Banner without sculpted glasses.

That's what quick cutomizing is for! :D

I think Bishop, Rogue, and Cable need more iconic versions than the ones we have.

Seconded. A new Mystique and a Jim Lee-style Professor X (with the green jumpsuit and yellow hoverchair... and no, I don't know how I'm going to get the Kubrick one) would be the bees' knees as well. But again, seems unlikely. (Heck, we need Jim Lee versions of the other X-Men too :()

To go left-field a bit, I actually want a redo of Blade for some reason. (Granted, I don't even own the first one yet.) And maybe a proper comic Extremis Iron Man, though it might be too soon (or too late) for that. And... are we allowed to say Black Panther?

Oh, and I gotta throw in a new and proper Black Cat for TM2 Dinobot as well :lol:

Thor! with his new costume, and luke cage, they really screwed up on the last one, also rogue with jacket,or bullseye or even bullseye as hawkeye...and a new cyclops! oh and we cant forget puny juggernaut!

People are pretty much on target with Doc Ock and Juggernaut. I'd love a Hulk in the bigger sized figure, but we kow that won' thappen. The New Avengers Luke Cage is also a must. Maybe a Wolverine in his new Astonishing X-Men/New Avengers outfit WITH a mask (although the 1st appeanance/Secret Invasion Wolverine's mask does the job okay).

Hey Greg, I've seen you on fbtb, but I didn't know you were into Minimates too! :)

I must be the only one who can't stand the powerhouse body piece. It doesn't look right with the skinny arms and legs. Maybe if the limbs were thicker, it would look better. Of course, I would rather see the bigger characters as 2.5" mates like most everyone else would, but since that's not possible I'd sooner see them with the standard torso like Juggernaut and series 1 Hulk.

As for redos, I'd like to see a new Nightcrawler with a new hairpiece, and maybe lose the powerhouse chest in favor of something like the shoulder pieces on the secret invasion Wolverine. The original Nightcrawler looks a little hefty.

Here's my list of redos I would like to see

-Elektra

-Carnage

-Rhino

-Doc Ock

-Bullseye

-Juggernaut

-Chameleon

-Grey Hulk

-Brown Costume Wolvy

-Nightcrawler

-Colossus

There are other characters who I would like to see new costumes/alternate mates of, but these are the ones who I wouldn't mind seeing new versions of the costumes/versions we already have. And I put CHameleon on the list b/c the one we have is one of the least inspired/good mates ever

Edited by blizzerd

Rhino

Juggernaught

Doc Ock

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Cable

Bishop

Iceman

Professor X

Rogue

Quicksilver

Iron Spidey(he needs the claws)

Storm (that big hair is impossible, I want 90's Storm)

Edited by Dio

I don't think Daredevil needs to be redone at all, since the Marvel Knights version is pretty much perfect.

That Daredevil is pretty good, but the fact that his eyes don't line up with the sculpted eyes on the mask always bugs me, even if I can't really see it.

My top choices would be Bullseye, Doc Ock, Rhino, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Though honestly I think just about everything before Wave 19 would be legitimate.

With the upcoming release of the Ultimates, it might be cool to see updates of the Ultimate X-Men with more modern sculpting & a less cartoonish look so that both sets can stand together on display.

Now, when we say 'redo' are we asking for characters who need to be redone with the same costume as their initial release, but with a higher level of detail (EG: Ultimate Jean Grey)? Or are we asking about characters who need to be made with previously unreleased costumes (EG: Jim Lee era Jean Grey)?

Edit: I'm guessing that it's the former - Previously released characters who need updating. Otherwise this just becomes another 'Wish List' thread. In which case, i'd like to see re-releases of Doc Oc with a less cartoonish feel; Bullseye with a darker costume; & Elektra with better sculpting on the hair & an angrier face added to the Ultimate X-Men.

Edited by Nessex

My list:

Elektra: while the original was well done, we could definitely use a more updated one

Carnage: he is just too hard to find, and new minimate sculpts could make him look really cool

Mary Jane Watson: I would like a Mary Jane figure that doesn't look like a man. The movie one was okay, but still didn't capture the character well.

Rogue: The first was disappointing, we need a new Rogue with her more iconic looks.

Bishop & Cable: Same as Rogue for both.

Nightcrawler: For such a popular character, he got a very limited release. He could use a redo, and should come with a sword.

J. Jonah Jameson: While I'm thankful J.J.J. got released at all, I wouldn't mind a figure of him that wasn't The Chameleon.

Professor X: His hover chair would be cool... if it doesn't count as a "vehicle."

Iceman: I don't like the way the original see-through tint made him look.

Doc Ock: His tentacles are not very intimidating. The lego ones look much cooler. An updated Doc would be cool.

I like most of them already. I'm not a fan of the powerhouse chest either, I think sometimes simple is best.

The only ones I would like redo are more costume variations. Sabretooth was in need of a better version released, and we're already getting him this coming year. Hawkeye could use a better version, without the powerhouse chest but that's really about all I've got. I'd rather have new characters that haven't been minimate-ized first. :D

I'd say we definitely need a newer Doc Ock, with some longer tentacles and less cartoony styling. Look how many Venoms we've had, yet this guy was only in wave 4. For such an iconic Spidey villain that's a poor show.

Other characters that should be larger, like Juggernaut and Rhino, well I have mixed feelings about this because I don't think the powerhouse chest piece has been all that successful but I'm not sure how you'd do them better without it.

I think the powerhouse pieces are fine when they are kept simple, such as on the Defenders Hulk (the definitive Hulk 'mate, IMHO). It's when they start trying to sculpt in muscles and shoulders that they get bizarre. For Juggy, my main beef is that without the powerhouse piece, his helmet just looks gigantic on him. he looks like a little kid.

That Daredevil is pretty good, but the fact that his eyes don't line up with the sculpted eyes on the mask always bugs me, even if I can't really see it.

My top choices would be Bullseye, Doc Ock, Rhino, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Though honestly I think just about everything before Wave 19 would be legitimate.

Amen!!!i totaly agree nearly all of them need to be redone

Edited by Monkey Lord 5000

I agree with everyones suggestions but don't you think an updated Thanos and Silver Surfer would be awesome.

As a side note if we get the original Captian Marvel (aka Photon) and the current captian marevl (aka Marvel Boy) withotu the iconic Captian Mar-Vel I'll be angry. Yet not angry enough to stop buying marvel minis