UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX's 4th SDCC '09 Exclusive - can you guess what it is?

Jad

I knew she fought the hulk , i am goning ttto have the minimate thunderbolts fight skrulll version of there enimies

(and hulk alrady green) thanks for the relpies

maple syrup?

Edited by Scorpion

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this a random question but what is moonstone main hero she fights(that is a minimate)

As... provocative... an image as Karla covered in maple syrup is, the closest thing Moonstone has/had to a nemesis hero is Captain Monica. Roger Stern really pushed the idea the during his run in the mid 80's, but as his Captain Marvel fell out of favor with future writers, so did her rivalry with Moonstone. In fact, until Kurt Busiek put Moonstone into the original Thunderbolts team, she spent most of the 90's locked in the Vault. So just wait for the Secret Wars set.

I thought Penance was Nitro... :huh:

Nope. Penance used to be Speed Ball. I never had much use for Speedy before Fabian Nic... uh I can never remember who to spell his last name... anyway, until Fabian's long run on the original New Warriors book. To see that book and that team degenerate into the joke it became, and finally the bumbling initiators for Civil War was a real shame. Back in the day, New Warriors was actually a real solid title. Oh well. Times change, people change, hairstyles change, interest rates fluctuate...

Are T-Bolts good or bad guys?

Currently? Bad.

Classically? Complicated.

T-bolts started as the 6th Masters of Evil. Baron Zemo was in the process of assembling a new team of Masters for a future scheme against Captain America and the Avengers when it appeared that most of their enemies died fighting Onslaught. In a world suddenly without both the FF and the Avengers, Zemo hit on the idea of pretending to be a new team of heroes, gain the publics trust, then eventually take over the world. So the Masters all picked new code names, some got new armor and powers, and debuted as the T-bolts. Zemo became Citizen V, Moonstone changed her name to Meteorite, Goliath called himself Atlas, and the Fixer went by Techno. With help from the Fixer, the Beetle totally redesigned his armor into Mach 1, and using tech stolen from Klaw, Screaming Mimi became Songbird. But Zemo had not figured on nearly half the team deciding they liked the acceptance and respect of being heroes, nor that the team would pick up an actual heroic teen member in Jolt. The plot fell apart, Zemo and Techno left the group. Atlas, Songbird, and Mach 1 really wanted to reform, Moonstone... Moonstone stayed because she didn't have anywhere else to go, and playing hero came closest to being a success with her abilities as she'd ever come. So the team tried to make a go as "outlaw heroes" trying to prove they genuinely wanted to reform. Sympathizing with them, Hawkeye quits the Avengers and becomes the leader of the T-Bolts. Over the course of many adventures, over some of which Zemo semi-reforms (now wants to help people and save the world... but by eventually ruling it himself... like I said, semi-reform) with new and old members, the group falls apart after a disastrous team-up with the Avengers. Now calling himself Mach 4, the former Beetle tries to restart the T-Bolts with their original premise of villains trying to go straight and recruits Songbird, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Blizzard, Genis Vell, Joystick and Speed Demon to his new team. That starts to go south too, but by then the T-Bolts are recruited by Stark into the Initiative. Osborn is put in charge and the ranks change as more ruthless criminals with little intent to reform are recruited as hero hunters. Norman spins control of the Bolts into becoming head of HAMMER in the aftermath of the Skrull Invasion, those T-Bolts he didn't feel he had under his thumb are deported (R-Man), killed (Swordsman), or he makes a solid attempt at killing (Songbird). The rest become the Dark Avengers, and a new team of T-Bolts are recruited, all loyal to Osborn to do his really, really dirty work.

There you go- T-Bolts at a glance.

It should be noted that Zemo and most of "his" T-Bolts have been out of sight for a long while now, and I suspect that the "real" Thunderbolts will play a big part in Osborn's downfall. Justice Like Lightning and all that.

Edited by Mirymate

I finally got my T-Bolts box set today and I'm really pleased but I did have one issue. The tampo on Radioactive Mans head is WAY to low. You cant even see his eyes when he has the hood on. He looks fine without it though which is how I plan to display him in his "classic" garb. I had an extra Skaar lying around from my Conan custom and thought I'd try his head in the hood.

post-679-1251938998_thumb.jpg

What do you think? Does it work? I think its ok.

Edited by Rheul

What I've found is that you have to take the head off the body and stuff it into the helmet first as it isn't even.

That's the same thing i've done. I make sure it's no so far so that it won't fit on the head-peg, but just enough so that it slides in the mask and the peg with ease while the eyes are still visible. The tank also fits well after that, too.

But it's all up to personal preference. I wouldn't so it (my OCD barely let me change my SHIELD Soldier's heads!!), but it does look nice.

What I've found is that you have to take the head off the body and stuff it into the helmet first as it isn't even.

I tried that. When I did it his eyes were just above the bottom of the mask. Still a little too look. It just looked "off" I tried Gamma Hulks head too but his mouth was visible through the hoods opening. I didn't know others were having this problem too.

I used Gamma Hulks legs and painted Lady Deathstrikes "apron" (for lack of a better word) green to make a more classic Radioactive Man

post-679-1252241668_thumb.jpg

What color paint did you use cause i am having a hard time matching the green on his shirt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...