UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anybody played Resident Evil 5?

The_Donster

The woman loved RE 4, and literally just opened and played part 5 for the first time a few minutes ago. After about 2 minutes, she realized that she hated the controls and said she didn't want to play anymore. So, the game is now off :lol:

No offense to the 1 or 2 female members that might be perusing the boards, but that's a woman for you.

:lol: It's mine pushing for me to get it Karamazo. BTW, she has issues with the controls at time too :P What did you think of the game? I haven't played any of them before and not sure what to expect?

I picked it up for a couple minutes, and the control seemed fine, but I didn't even get to a zombie yet. I'm going out of town tomorrow, and taking the PS3 with me, so I'll probably have some more constructive feedback next week for you.

Regarding the previous RE's I've only played 0, 1, and 4, and the earlier ones were more "survival horror" (try to get by on 5 bullets, a knife, and limited saves), with fixed camera angles and somewhat (purposefully?) awkward controls that take some getting used to. Whereas 4 was more a traditional shooter. An amazing traditional shooter, but I felt that it had very little in common with the original. Hell, you don't even technically fight zombies! I think RE5 is supposed to be similar to RE4 in this respect.

Edited by karamazov80

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

The game sucks. I was excited to play 2-player with my wife and she couldn't manage the controls. So I gave it a shot by myself and played for a couple hours. That was all I needed.

I was on the easiest level and I was unable to get past the first boss. I repeated over thirteen times.

Frankly, I was hoping for something a casual gamer could play, but the details and complexities require someone with far more time on their hands.

I'll sell my PS3 copy to anyone looking to play.

Someone with too much time on their hands? Hmmm...that might be the game for me then :lol: At least until the baby arrives :happy:

JP, did you play/like RE4? Though this doesn't necessarily mean much, IGN gave it a 9/10 rating.

No I never played RE4. I played the one that came out on the first Playstation back in 1999 and loved it. It had me completely freaked out and it was easy to play (RE2?).

I was hoping for a similar experience.

On the plus side, the visuals for RE5 are amazing. My beef with modern games is the focus on realistic rendering and not gameplay. One reason I bought a Wii is that the games are fun and don't require 400 hours of controller mastery.

I actually loved RE4, so I'm hoping that this is a similar kind of thing. It is unfortunate that we no longer have a franchise creating these moody, scary games so much as a 1st person shooter with some minimal puzzle solving and creepiness thrown in, but. . .it kind of balances out with the fact that RE 4 was one of the best FPS games that I've ever played.

Edited by karamazov80

I actually loved RE4, so I'm hoping that this is a similar kind of thing. It is unfortunate that we no longer have a franchise creating these moody, scary games so much as a 1st person shooter with some minimal puzzle solving and creepiness thrown in, but. . .it kind of balances out with the fact that RE 4 was one of the best FPS games that I've ever played.

Umm... RE4 was 3rd person shooting.

But who cares? Because it is still awesome beyound belief. And honestly, RE5 does not appeal to me. Mostly because I have no PS3/360.

Have you played the Quake 3 game Karamazoo? I think that was one that made me jump a few times when I played it and was one of my favorite games to play. I think I'm going to take the leap and just get the RE5 bundle at Costco. Hopefully this time I won't have any problems, since it's a newer console <_<

If you liked RE4 you will LOVE RE5!!!!

Despite what Jatta says, this is one of my favorite games.

PHENOMENAL!!!. Kara, it has the same controls as RE4 so I'm not sure what the "woman's" problems are)

Actually my wife and I are on the last level playing coop.

Changed my mind and probable getting the bundle from Best Buy. It looks like with the Costco deal they basically have you paying for the extra controller and I've already got one. For the money I'm saving I might be able to get a game or two. Unfortunately I haven't played RE4 and this will be my first RE game. Has anyone heard of anything down the pike for the Elite or should I just take the plunge already :PQuick edit: Looks like the online store is sold out, shipping isn't an option anymore :(

Edited by The_Donster

Well, took the plunge and bought the RE5 bundle off of Dell.com for cost when everything was said and done. Unfortunately there's no getting around the tax man, but it also qualified for free shipping. Can't wait for it to hit my door :D I'll let you guys know what I think once I start playing it :thumbsup:

Something I heard on G4 was the same thing MM. The said the partner is pretty useless in a fight, which reminds me of Gears of War and my one frustration with that game. Still, I look forward to playing it. Hopefully my wife or I will be home to sign for the game next week. The hardest thing is the waiting :pinch:

Eh, tomato/potato (what would a 2nd person shooter look like?).

As to Nestle's post, that's what I thought, but. . .what you gonna do? Any thoughts yet, Donster? I still haven't gotten around to playing it much, been way too concerned with SF IV, which is really amazingly great.

Edited by karamazov80

As to Nestle's post, that's what I thought, but. . .what you gonna do? Any thoughts yet, Donster? I still haven't gotten around to playing it much, been way too concerned with SF IV, which is really amazingly great.

You know, I think it would look like God of War with shooting. More like a movie styled camera, less over the shoulder.

So then, Resident Evil 1, which is static in a given room, would be 2nd person as well? I would actually think of that as more "3rd person" than right behind the back/over the shoulder of a guy. 2nd Person should be you watching from the perspective of another actor in the game, no?

So then, Resident Evil 1, which is static in a given room, would be 2nd person as well? I would actually think of that as more "3rd person" than right behind the back/over the shoulder of a guy. 2nd Person should be you watching from the perspective of another actor in the game, no?

Now that would be an AWESOME game.

Hey Karamazo, I just received the package today, but hope to start playing it tonight or tomorrow. I've set it up and just have to add my wife's wireless controller to get things started. Probable no rush for that, since she only plays the Order of the Phoenix game at the moment :lol: Anyway, I'll give you a review once I start playing.

Edited by The_Donster

Slight problem, received the package and the elite was making a noise none of my others made when I put the discs in. Sounded like when a disc isn't quote lined up. Anyway, had to call Dell and they are supposed to be sending me out a replacement for it and I'll ship the current one back. I did play a little bit of RE5 and I love the graphics, they are phenomenal. What I don't like is the constant cut aways and my "partner" relying on me to give them ammo. Other than that, I look forward to putting some more time into it once the new console gets here.

Constant "cut aways?" :blink:

Anyways, we're on our 3rd play through.

We have Infinite Rockets, Shotgun, Sniper and Magnum. I also have the gatling gun. That thing is hilarious! You can hardly see whats going on with that massive gun covering half the screen though. Rediculous!

Anyways Don, you can avoid your "partner problem" by getting a human one. ;)

When I play, if I'm playing by myself, since I've already got awesome weaponry, I don't even arm my partner. :P