UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I have a dream...

I have a dream that one day Minimates will have the rights to many major movie and comic licenses. Art Asylum and Diamond Select Toys will be the richest toy companies in the world. Every two months a catalog will come showing new products including loose Minimate parts, figures and construction sets. They wil have an interesting website full of fun games and an online shop that has all Minimates for sale. Also every two months a magazine will come out with comics, games, contests and a custom section.

Until then we can only support them buying their products :rolleyes:

That is all

B) ( I am not putting Deathstroke because of a deal I made with Fujis)

( I am not putting Deathstroke because of a deal I made with Fujis)

Yeah, I hope you realize that I was being sarcastic. And you should stop using Deathstroke in every post simply because it's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

OK, nothing to see here people... But seriously Ricky, that is getting ridiculous. Using the same two Smiley's in every single post does get annoying...

Yeah, but who is he hurtin'? Maybe Slade is his hero. I say use it to your heart's content!

Ady has an Apocalypse emoticon. Timbo has a pimp (and Captain Britain) emoticon. Rickyroma has a Deathstroke emoticon. Webhead has a Spidey emoticon. Logan has a Wolverine emoticon. Shanester has a Hulk emoticon. Danny has an Emma Frost (and Power Girl and Six) emoticon.

Since my avatar is Batman right now, I guess I could use the Batman one. But where is the Ever-Lovin, Blue-Eyed THING??? Who do I have to bribe for some Fantastic Four emoticons??? ;)

Ady has an Apocalypse emoticon. Timbo has a pimp (and Captain Britain) emoticon. Rickyroma has a Deathstroke emoticon. Webhead has a Spidey emoticon. Logan has a Wolverine emoticon. Shanester has a Hulk emoticon. Danny has an Emma Frost (and Power Girl and Six) emoticon.

Yes, but just because we have them, doesn't mean we use them.... ;)

Yeah, but who is he hurtin'?

Me. Seriously I am I the only one that is annoyed by the overuse of emoticons? And since you asked Ricky, no, the sunglasses emote isn't cool either - at least not when it's in every single post! Maybe pace yourself a bit.

Did anyone actually read my "dream" statement? Or are we all going to complain to poor ole rickyroma that the smiley w/ sunglasses is evil? OOh, OOh look all you b*chin' fools, look I didn't use Deathstroke or Sunglasses Dude in this post!!! ;)

:daredevil: :blackspidey:

It's a nice dream, but it appears they probably need to increase the volume of factories producing the little guys to meet demand for the the increasing number of lines at the moment, let alone new lines

R.R. - I believe it took lego someting like 40yrs to get to the positiion you're 'dreaming about'.. Minimatsea re still very much a new thing and there will be bumps in the road!

Everyone who's a Emote nay sayer: I say B) :deathstroke:

Lets not get so heated.... it's a frackin emote... yes he overuses it but making a bit and song about in means I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that stuff and answer and that's your fault not his...

T.

R.R. - I believe it took lego someting like 40yrs to get to the positiion you're 'dreaming about'.. Minimatsea re still very much a new thing and there will be bumps in the road!

Everyone who's a Emote nay sayer: I say B) :deathstroke:

Lets not get so heated.... it's a frackin emote... yes he overuses it but making a bit and song about in means I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that stuff and answer and that's your fault not his...

T.

Hey thanks a lot for the kind words TBT :D (I don't get them much these days :rolleyes: ) Oh and by the way the dream is for the sometime in the future and not for the next year.

:ironmanstealth: :spiderman2099: :cap::wolvie:B) :deathstroke:

Yes, it's an emote and yes he overuses it. Does it bug me? Yup. Am I overreacting? Probably. But emotes serve a purpose which is to expand upon ones writing so as not to be misunderstood, like a wink or a smile, they aren't meant to be a signature. We have signatures and icons for that purpose. And I don't think anyone can say that this is necessary:

:ironmanstealth: :spiderman2099: :cap::wolvie:B) :deathstroke:

If ricky is under 12 then I say have at 'er. But if he's a little more mature I say it's time to stop spamming the boards with unnecessary emotes.

As for the dream: love it.

How exactly does Captain America, Stealth Iron Man, Deathstrokeand Daredevil "expand upon ones writing so as not to be misunderstood"...

Well, when you use them they don't help much but take a look around the boards and you'll see great examples of how people integrate them. Here are some possibilitiies:

I loved the new :superman: movie.

I wish there was a :spiderham: minimate.

:cap: rules!

But I'm sure you knew that since you're over 100 million years old. <_< Oh! There, did you see that! There's another great example of proper emoticon use...

Okay... :captainbritain2: is the best comic character

I hate the :spideysense2: minimate TBT is such a :PIMP:

OOOOOH thank you Fuijis you have enlightend me!

R.R. (I hope that is alright High Priest at the Temple of Smilieism)

Ricky seriously you are a little overkill with the smilies, it doesnt hurt anyone but it does look a little annoying, and gets mighty tedious seen them plastered at the end of every post. But if you want to then do it :P

As for the dream it owuld be nice and who know perhaps one day.

I have a dream that one day Minimates will have the rights to many major movie and comic licenses. Art Asylum and Diamond Select Toys will be the richest toy companies in the world. Every two months a catalog will come showing new products including loose Minimate parts, figures and construction sets. They wil have an interesting website full of fun games and an online shop that has all Minimates for sale. Also every two months a magazine will come out with comics, games, contests and a custom section.

Until then we can only support them buying their products :rolleyes:

Ignoring the whole emoticon debate, you have quite the admireable dream there RR. Its not an impossibility to achieve either, as we've seen LEGO come a long ways, even in our lifetimes. It is something to strive for, but if AA/DST ever hope to reach that goal, they'll need to take very careful steps in the near future. Acquiring the right licenses and making the right business decissions are the only way we can see this modest hobby grow into the monumental toy empire of tomorrow. I question some of their current business plans, but no one knows for certain what tomorrow holds. So, despite my misgivings, I am hopeful to see this dream come to fruition one day.

B) :deathstroke:

Yeah, but who is he hurtin'? Maybe Slade is his hero. I say use it to your heart's content!

Since my avatar is Batman right now, I guess I could use the Batman one. But where is the Ever-Lovin, Blue-Eyed THING??? Who do I have to bribe for some Fantastic Four emoticons??? ;)

What about deadpool and his deadpool emote?

:deadpool:

ricky i have 3 points

1. the smiles are cool and every thing

3. do you have a shirt with the death strock smile on it :cap:

I am most interested in point 2 :P

I do not have a shirt that has Deasthstroke on it, but I have on that says "The Visitor From Planet X".

R.R.