UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Unofficial AFX Marvel Boxed Set Final Results

Bob Harris

Just to have it clearly arranged and nobody misses it, as Brother Karamazov suggested:

That's it citizens of the Multiverse. The moment you've all be waiting for since trying to narrow the field and voting on the first poll. Here are the official unofficial Marvel Boxed Set Suggestions:

#1 SINISTER FOES OF SPIDERMAN (aka Sinister Six) - Electro, Lizard, Vulture and Scorpion

#2 EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat and Meggan

#3 WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver and Thunderball

#3 AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird and Yellowjacket

#5 INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak and Gorgon

To deliver a statement as powerful as possible, please send this Marvel Box Set suggestion list to AFX. As far as I know, this should be their email: cs@shopafx.com

That's it folks, thanks for participating and making that whole thing an exciting and nerdish funny thing!

Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome job organizing all this Bob! Believe me, I don't envy your role... the past few weeks for you must've been worse than herding lolcats [/obscure Internet joke]

Just sent my email as well, cheated a little bit lot in the lineups I sent though. Don't worry, the Honorary MMMV Official Top Five Four are all still in my post, 'cept for the Spidey villains lineup (I honestly believe we'll be getting these eventually in a regular wave/non-AFX boxset anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal)

I still shudder at the prospect of our en masse MMMV request emails beating the AFX servers into online submission though :ermm:

Just sent my email as well, cheated a little bit lot in the lineups I sent though. Don't worry, the Honorary MMMV Official Top Five Four are all still in my post, 'cept for the Spidey villains lineup (I honestly believe we'll be getting these eventually in a regular wave/non-AFX boxset anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal)

Still, it goes against the spirit of this whole exercise to omit the Spidey villians. Would you think it was fair if some Spidey fan decided the other four entries weren't worth "wasting" votes on (and they "lost" the election anyway, right?) and just omitted them?

I'd prefer one of the other sets just as much as you, but fair is fair – the Spidey villians won the horserace, and should get their due recognition. Otherwise, we all may as well have just sent in our own personal choices from the start.

And anyway, if you look at AFX's track record, their box sets have always tended toward the obscure. I think they know Spidey-friendly characters are likely targets for for mass retail, and will probably deliver something that will make us fanboys happy.

Well now that you put it that way... Good grief, I can't believe I forgot all about toy karma. :unsure::pinch:

... would it be really embarrassing for me to send AFX an addendum to my first e-mail?

EDIT: JUST sent my apologetic addendum. All should be well...

... I hope...

... can't sleep... toy karma will get me... can't sleep... toy karma will get me... can't sleep... toy karma will get me...

Edited by NorthRaider

Woah woah woah, why is it listed like that? Shouldn't Wrecking Crew be at the #2 spot, and wouldn't they most likely be making Sinister Six Four since it came in first place?

I just sent an email to AFX with the line-up as selected by the polls. I hope AFX takes these suggestions seriously. I would hate to see all of Bob's hard work wasted. Thanks again for setting this up, Bob.

Alright, I've posted my list to AFX.

I've also added a 6th place :ohmy:

Sorry guys - but i couldn't pass up the chance to ask for an AOA box set as well.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. From my understanding, all that is "required" is that you "submit to the will of the forum" by e-mailing the 5 top choices. That's what I did. I don't think it would be fair to ask members not to submit their "pet" faves along with this stuff.

I still think we should be sending the Sinister Six, since if officially won, or Wrecking Crew Excalibur since it was in second.

:thumbsup:

Wrecking Crew had more votes, and they are just plain awesome. Thor requires villains!

Wrecking Crew had more votes, and they are just plain awesome. Thor requires villains!

It didn't. We went through this a few times in the original thread, but the final votes were compiled by team, not split by the different line-ups listed. So Excalibur got 16 votes, Wrecking Crew got 14.

It didn't. We went through this a few times in the original thread, but the final votes were compiled by team, not split by the different line-ups listed. So Excalibur got 16 votes, Wrecking Crew got 14.

By the Power of... Better listen to Battlecat here, McSkeletor! His mighty roar tells the truth! :P

And yes, everybody should send in the complete top 5. And of course everybody may include another "pet" list. (So did I: please do a NextWave set... !)

I'm not a fan of the Wrecking Crew specifically, but they make some good villains and I'd buy a set of them.

Can never have too many villians.

I still think we should be sending the Sinister Six, since if officially won, or Wrecking Crew Excalibur since it was in second.

:thumbsup:

I second that - we need more villains in general, Which is why i submitted ALL of the top 5 to DST. But we also need more women. A team featuring 3 chicks is pretty exciting! Even if it is a pipe-dream.

Edited by Nessex

The power of collective action! Next, we all need to lobby our Congressmen/women for something. If we all act together, they have to listen! We will have a poll as to what we will lobby them for, and everyone must submit to the decision of the masses. My vote is for more ethanol subsidies. Add it to the list, Bob.

umm, guys, i forgot to include my pet set in the email, can anyone include their pet set and mine in an email? it was the howard set if u weren't sure

You could probably just send them another one. I doubt they are keeping track of how many people are sending in which suggestions (if they aren't just blowing off all of these e-mails altogether).

Edited by karamazov80