UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

why has minimatesdatabase

I'll admit to being strangely aroused at most of that, genius stuff from Ivan!!! What I've wanted in a Minimates site since the start!!!!

Errr..Ummm...

Seek help there still may be time if you catch it early enough :P;):lol:

It's still there, just use the link in the first post of this thread. I've just removed all the automatic forwarding so people can now see the regular site.

I'm glad you guys liked it. It's surprising to me that all the feedback was either basically positive or of the WTF? variety. There's been no moral outrage nor righteous indignation that I'm aware of. Maybe people were upset, but they just kept it to themselves. It's too bad really, those are the people that will drive the page views. :D

If anyone's curious, it took me about a week to put together using those scant, valuable hours between work and sleep. It was fun. Originally the front page girl was nude, but in the eleventh hour I decided to add a corset. Ivan loves corsets. It didn't turn as sexy as I had hoped, but I'll probably give it another shot in the future. There were supposed to be more videos as well, but everything I shot seemed too graphic. Maybe I shouldn't have used all that oil.

I wonder about the long-term economic viability of such a site. Will people pay for this kind of content? Can I make a living with this? Do I have to have an "under 18" warning? Do I have to prove my models are of legal age? How would a "Live Webcam" work? What would I tell people that I do for a living? Would people pay more for celebrity look-alikes? Do I have to move to California? Do I have to leave the country? What about DVDs? Do I have to give DST their cut? Will the DST folks even talk to me at SDCC this year? I wonder how much a promo-mate with that many tampos would cost. What about business cards? Oooh, T-Shirts.

Look for "Blocks Behaving Badly" coming Summer 2009 to a computer near you!

Well, I tried posting a link to it on my blog, and the reaction there was hilariously mixed too (from "hahaha Minimates doing it!" to "The heck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?") Little problem was that I only managed to convince a few of the Minimate collectors to see it, everybody else was probably wondering "Oh sheesh, what's this weirdo putting up on her blog now..." :lol:

Oh well, I did my part. Genius work Ivan. (How's about we up the rating on this thing? ;))

The clue I'll provide can be found in the first minimateSdatabase.com thread:

whatever it was Luke probably did.

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

You're right, I thought it was Luke all the time.

Not

So that might be an evidence of

Ivan

being the man, but it's still kind of speculative and uncertain, I guess.

I wonder about the long-term economic viability of such a site. Will people pay for this kind of content? Can I make a living with this? Do I have to have an "under 18" warning? Do I have to prove my models are of legal age? How would a "Live Webcam" work? What would I tell people that I do for a living? Would people pay more for celebrity look-alikes? Do I have to move to California? Do I have to leave the country? What about DVDs? Do I have to give DST their cut? Will the DST folks even talk to me at SDCC this year? I wonder how much a promo-mate with that many tampos would cost. What about business cards? Oooh, T-Shirts.

Well, even if you went with a nude Green Goblin, note that your oldest models would only be 6 years old. So, fairly-be-ye-warned.