UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh thank god :) for a bit I thought that you had to get them from groundhog7s because limited edition had shut down... Phew.

Edited by Vigilante

That last post made me feel a little creepy for some reason...

Vigilante walks into the dark alley outside the local pub and waits a minute. As his eyes adjust to the lack of light from the street, he sees a shape at the other side. He squints to see if it's who he thinks it is and, yes, it's him-groundhog7s. Standing with a long trench coat open, the lining is adorned with exclusives he simply asks, 'Wanna buy some Minimates?'

Edited by groundhog7s

Which set is the TRU one? I forget :)

Just got my AFX order for this and the other sets, and while the eyes on my Bulls/Hawkeye mask are as messed up as everyone else's, it did provide the parts to finally slim down the real Hawkeye :). Tried a couple of mix-and-match combos, but the one I like best is Hawkeye head/mask/legs/arms/bow + Bullseye torso/skirt/arm band/arrow:

post-1800-1250203692_thumb.jpg

Anyone else thinking of drilling or cutting a hole in the back of Radioactive Man's helmet, to light up the face? I love the way they did Ghost Rider so his eyes light up...

Anyway, three great sets!

post-1800-1250203692_thumb.jpg

That's the mix I settled on, as well (no arm band, though). One weird thing I noticed about Bullseye/Hawkeye, however, is that there are two white spots on the back of his chest block, right where the quiver was apparently stuck into the slip that goes around his chest piece. It is as if they stuck that on there after the slip part had already been put on the chest block, wearing the paint away. Am I the only one with this problem?

Edited by karamazov80

One weird thing I noticed about Bullseye/Hawkeye, however, is that there are two white spots on the back of his chest block, right where the quiver was apparently stuck into the slip that goes around his chest piece. It is as if they stuck that on there after the slip part had already been put on the chest block, wearing the paint away. Am I the only one with this problem?

Just checked and mine doesn't have any marks.

I didn't even realize they had put anything on the back of the chest block...

Mine does have a small white scratch on the front, though I didn't notice it before now.

Edited by battlecat

awww man! I'm getting so excited. I have Both Dark Avengers sets on their way to me in the mail. . . seeing all these pics is working me into a small state of frenzy at my work station.

(although - the double esspresso i had for breakfast is probably not helpnig me calm down, either)

Hey guys been awhile since I've been on the board but can anyone tell me off hand if the Dark Avengers box set will be coming to the TRU stores or is it just an online exclusive? And is it just one set or both sets will be available at TRU or TRU.com?

If I remember correctly, the DA set with Iron Patriot is the online-only TRU exclusive. The set with Ares and company was a Diamond(?) exclusive, meaning you might probably be able to find these at comic shops or something.

In theory I guess this makes the second set the easier-to-find one? I guess it's a good compromise seeing as a lot of members here wanted characters from the second set more, but it still sucks having to pay through the nose just to get Iron Patriot and Noh-Varr... and maaaybe a cool mohawk hairpiece. (Mind you the Dark Avengers "Wolverine" and "Black Spidey" minimates still underwhelm me; I guess I can hypothetically appreciate the face detailing on Gargan and the new sculpts that Daken came with once I actually have the set on hand, but I really just can't bring myself to get excited over getting Spidey and Wolvie 'mates again.)

If I remember correctly, the DA set with Iron Patriot is the online-only TRU exclusive. The set with Ares and company was a Diamond(?) exclusive, meaning you might probably be able to find these at comic shops or something.

In theory I guess this makes the second set the easier-to-find one? I guess it's a good compromise seeing as a lot of members here wanted characters from the second set more, but it still sucks having to pay through the nose just to get Iron Patriot and Noh-Varr... and maaaybe a cool mohawk hairpiece. (Mind you the Dark Avengers "Wolverine" and "Black Spidey" minimates still underwhelm me; I guess I can hypothetically appreciate the face detailing on Gargan and the new sculpts that Daken came with once I actually have the set on hand, but I really just can't bring myself to get excited over getting Spidey and Wolvie 'mates again.)

Thanks for the info.

I just got both sets today in the mail and I am extremely pleased with them! The accessories are very impressive and it just feels great to own all of the great characters from one of this years' best ongoing series. I absolutely adore Dark Reign!

Hawk Eye's mask is abit disappointing as I've seen others say. it's too bad they didn't bother doing eyeholes like the Prototype-- it had much more depth. The paint isn't bad, though; my only complaint is that the eyes look really high up on the mask in relation to the face underneithe.

My Iron Patriot's helmet also has the face decal slightly to the right which puts it off, but it's still a great toy.

I was disappointed that Marvel Boy-- Oh sorry, Captain Marvel-- never came with a gun like on the cover of issue #6, but at least they bothered to mold his belt.

To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to Spider-man (Mac), but the little details really stand out and make him more recognizable.

Also: it's nice that Hawk Eye doesn't have the buffed up body because it makes it so much easier to pose him with the bow and arrow. He looks super wicked!

Edited by Nekoi

Has anyone been brave enough to try cutting the eyes out of the Hakweye mask yet?

:D Yeah! I was left with a Hakw mask!

I lolled so hard! :biggrin:

• 8 months later...

Sorry for the thread neco but I just got my Dark Avengers II box set to complete the team

theDAs.jpg

Im impressed! Much better than I expected. I was thinking that Aries and IP would be my faves but I must admit Gargan has the best expression on his face and Bullseye with the scar on his head just rocks. I should have gotten this set a year ago!