UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

Good stuff. Let's hope Limited Edition can get these. Does anyone know how they get them?

What does Iron Patriot look like without the chest armour? Any pics?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody who has 'em... do Logan/Brown Wolverine hands match one the Daken body?

Man, I just can't get over how messed up the eyes on that are.

Thanks for posting the pictures of 'em! I don't have the Sentry set on the way so it's nice to be able to see what they'll look like.

Looks almost but not quite. Taking into consideration that I'd have to buy two of that set to have two non-tattooed arms for a Wolverine... and that the masks eyes look kinda odd, I think I'll take my time trying to piece together this particular new version of Logan and just wait for the inevitable re-release of him with the new parts.

Thanks for posting a picture! :)

Hmmm, I actually like the new one better. I had to order two boxsets to offset the costs from TRU.com because they're lame. For just one box, they want $27 because they add sales tax AFTER shipping :down: I'll have to check the post office to see the best shipping method for one box if anyone wants one.

Hey, another question:

Where did you get the set with the Sentry, Daken, etc.? What booth was it at during the convention?

I'm going to Chicago and I'll prolly swing by and pick up one.

Thanks again for the pictures!

For me it's hoping that the Bullseye body with Clint Hawkeye arms and mask will match up nicely.

Edited by Mystery Man

Hey, another question:

Where did you get the set with the Sentry, Daken, etc.? What booth was it at during the convention?

For me it's hoping that the Bullseye body with Clint Hawkeye arms and mask will match up nicely.

Sentry and Daken aren't in the same set.

Iron Patriot, Spider-Venom, Daken, and Marvel Boy are in the TRU set. (Entertainment Earth at SDCC)

Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Hawkeye, and Ares are in the DST set.

Hey, another question:

so do they for sure sell minimates there and how much are they if u know

Hey, another question:

Sentry and Daken aren't in the same set.

Iron Patriot, Spider-Venom, Daken, and Marvel Boy are in the TRU set. (Entertainment Earth at SDCC)

Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Hawkeye, and Ares are in the DST set.

Cool! I kept thinking I was getting Marvel Boy in that set instead of Sentry, although I don't know why.

So just find Entertainment Earth's booth at SDCC and I'll be able to pick that set up? Yippee! Thanks for the lowdown.

All these exclusives are getting hard to keep up with.

Dakens eyes look totally higher in Mattmans pictures compared to stack32s pictures.

Upon closer looking, it's true!

Hey, another question:

so do they for sure sell minimates there and how much are they if u know

Conventions have sellers with all kind of stuff for sale. Some will have minimates, others action figures or statues, and some will have all kinds of stuff. As for prices, it's all up to the sellers.

I just received my 2 sets today and upon comparison of both Dakens.One set definitely has his eyes higher than the other.Other than that I'm just happy I got some new minimates.

post-2890-1248822846_thumb.jpgpost-2890-1248822917_thumb.jpg

Edited by jboogie

Got these tonight. They are pretty sweet. . .so much so, I'm considering buying a second set. I was initially a bit annoyed about Daken not having the regular claws, but now that I have him in hand, I like him quite a bit despite all that. The mohawk is very cool, as well.

* ( I still enjoy the memory of the look on BHM's face from last year, as we entered the main hall for the first time and his brain was going into overload at exactly how big the show is!)

Sounds like

. :P

Seriously, I think this whole SDCC thing is great fun and I'd love to join you folks!

I agree! So awesome. I have only been the last two years but it's totally worth it. People bitch about the lines, I know cos I do too. But its worth it. Nothing beats that feeling of being around other people that love the things you do too. I'm smiling just typing this.....Damn you beer!!!!!!

Kisses,

jason4444 :D

PS

I hope this picture finds you well.

post-2791-1248835345_thumb.jpg

i went on ebay there selling the one dark avengers boxset with ares for 8.00$

i wonder why it is so cheap do the vender at comic con sell it that cheap

Edited by Scorpion

Where can i order drk avg box set 1 for close to original price? bbts has it for 34.99, and thats bull.

You can get it on TRU.com, though for one boxset you have to pay $27 after taxes and shipping. BUT. If you buy two boxsets it's only $43 after taxes which is what I did and now I have one for trade XD

I checked and didnt find it. what do i serch? and do they do paypal?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3545301

for some reason they listed it as "dark reign". i bought a superhero squad box to get the free shipping. i'm going to take it to toysrus tomorrow and try to get a refund. if they carry the item in store, you can usually get at least store credit with the manifest acting as the receipt.

Maskless, Daken has one of the best "focused and angry" faces I've seen on a Minimate. Also, Norman's face/hair (great Osbourne hairpiece, btw) looks pretty great on the Green Goblin body, though his expression is a tad too serene.

Edited by karamazov80

I just got back from toysrus and was able to return the SHS wolverine pack i bought to bump myself up to free shipping no problem. Granted, for online orders you only get a store value card when you return them in store, but I will use it eventually.

Oddly, BBTS is selling the set with IP/Daken/Spidey/Capt. Marvel for $35. Earlier in the week, they had it listed for $25.

I've been kind of curious as to why this set was listed for a higher price, even at the con. It was $22 at the Entertainment Earth booth, while the other DA set was only $16. I haven't done an exact count, but seems to have about the same number of new pieces. Before the show, it sounded like the other set (Ms Marvel/Ares) was the one more people wanted.

I might be mistaken, but I think the Secret Wars set was $25 on BBTS, whereas the TRU Secret Avengers set was always $30+. Reason being that I believe they pre-ordered a bunch from TRU.com, and are jacking up the prices as much as they think they can, similar to the way they did with the Ghostbusters and BSG exclusives (since the Avengers set costed them more, and costs more everywhere else, they are jacking the price up higher).

That being said, I don't know why that particular Secret Avengers set has been more expensive generally. It is $20 on the TRU site, whereas the Secret Wars set is $14, though both are TRU exclusives with the same number of figures.

Edited by karamazov80